Xtreme Gaming Network

S9 R3 - Tor Poznań - 20/07/2017 - Sophistication and Style

Author Topic: S9 R3 - Tor Poznań - 20/07/2017 - Sophistication and Style  (Read 11134 times)

Offline djb1974

• View Profile
Re: S9 R3 - Tor Poznań - 20/07/2017 - Sophistication and Style
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »
Had heaps of fun driving that car for the 1st time ever, manged to get a lap under 2mins, but lap 10 wasnt fun, got a nudge from RussG after i made a nice clean pass into turn 1, and that was race over, all by myself lapping, shame he didnt wait to address like the rules state, we had a couple of good laps before that of me behind him putting heaps of pressure on, but not hitting him

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159095274560788&set=pcb.10159095278820788&type=3&theater

Bruce: edited your post.   No facebook links sorry, maybe we need to add the function?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:44:45 PM by Bruce »

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 10:37:10 PM »
Had heaps of fun driving that car for the 1st time ever, manged to get a lap under 2mins, but lap 10 wasnt fun, got a nudge from RussG after i made a nice clean pass into turn 1, and that was race over, all by myself lapping, shame he didnt wait to address like the rules state, we had a couple of good laps before that of me behind him putting heaps of pressure on, but not hitting him

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10159095274560788&set=pcb.10159095278820788&type=3&theater

Bruce: edited your post.   No facebook links sorry, maybe we need to add the function?

Hi djb1974,
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I think a video starting from the straight would be better than a picture. I just don't know how to do it.
Let me say, I thought it was great fun racing with you.
I have checked the replay and when you made the pass, you got it waaaay sideways into turn 1 (which obviously slows you down) and when you got it back under control you cut across the front of me as I was cruising around the turn when there was at least a cars width on the outside and there was the lightest touch which was bad for you because you were on the limit I guess.
I'm happy for any third party to look at the replay and give an opinion, but that is how I saw it at the time and how I still see it in the replay. It is the reason I didn't redress the incident as I didn't see myself at fault.

I hope there are no hard feelings and we can have some good racing in the future.

RussG
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline djb1974

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2017, 10:06:11 AM »
Bruce i tried to add a picture in my post with the image button but it never worked,

Heres the Video but its also in facebook. im not sure sorry how else to post it

https://www.facebook.com/david.brister.73/videos/pcb.10159099140200788/10159099129820788/?type=3&theater

Its all good Russ, was pissed at the time, lol, thats how i took a lot of those corners side ways, wasnt too bad to drift it through since it floated like a boat, but like racing the Peugeot 504's we did some time back in ROOZ

we both had totally different race lines, i was sitting happy mid track (in control), as your race line saw you move from right to left, a spilt second of lifting off the throttle would have stopped that, then we could have continued the battle.

cya next week!!

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 10:38:06 AM »
howdy dj, no problems, you had missed placed a "]"    eg [imgblahblah.com/pic][img]"   should be "[img]blahblah.com/pic[img]"
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
Hi Dave,
Is it easy to make a video?
That looks really bad for me from your position.
Let me say, I'm not trying to justify myself here, but it's amazing how it looks so much different from the other car ..... I'd like to make a video from my car :)
I don't want to make a big deal of this. My opinion is it was a racing incident, but I always like to check out any incidents I am involved in and try to see if I could stop it happening again as often incidents will take out me or both cars.

If you have the pedal app, and watch the replay from my car you will see that I lifted completely before the impact - 0% throttle. I guess my lift was just a little too late.
Anyway, like I said before, I was enjoying the battle with you and I wasn't happy that it didn't continue either ....

I'm not normally free on Thursday nights. That's why I joined at the last minute with no practise, but if you are in Tuesday nights I will see you there :D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 07:40:45 AM »
From the point of view of Dave's video, yes, it does look bad for you Russ!

If you have Windows 10, you can press Windows-G while watching a replay, then press the record button. Clips go into your Videos\Captures folder. You might have to enable Game Bar recording in your Windows control panel settings first.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline djb1974

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »
Hey Russ, i use bandicam, its not the greatest, i really have no idea what im doing with it, lol, but it seems to work from all my fumblings

Heres a vid from your car, if u watch the rear view mirror i drift it through the last corner as well onto the straight.

With AC replays all app info isnt shown on the replays which sucks if you want to study things like tyre pressure or camber stuff.

Dont sweat it mate, rubbing is racing, its easy to laugh about it after the fact, at the time the blood always boils no matter who you are.

Cheers  DJ

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal