Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R4: Thruxton Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R4: Thruxton Race Chat  (Read 23528 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S27R4: Thruxton Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »
Hi Wally,
I was just downloading the Tsukuba circuit and notice it has an update to 2.1.
Just letting you know
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/tsukuba-circuit.2629/
Thanks.

I think I know why... some time ago when we raced here on a Thursday, a few people were getting all sorts of checksum errors, so I removed the track's surfaces file from the server. I've put it back now, and restarted stracker.
Cue checksum errors............
 :P
Don't jinx me  :-\

And server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2019, 10:32:20 PM »
Had a fun nights racing. Started and finished up the back as usual but had fun.

I had planned to choose the mustang for this round as the Alfa is not much fun to drive but didn't choose in time. Hopefully this'll also be my last race with a monitor unless I can't come to terms with the VR this week.

Thanks everyone and see you next week

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2019, 10:38:25 PM »
Good nights racing, a few missed opportunities but good fun running against different cars. 

Sorry to Bacchulum and Joe for the mess in R3.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2019, 11:06:44 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Phil on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2019, 11:17:30 PM »
I was hovering around 6th or 7th on the practice server and combined with my continual problem with the fast right on the back straight I wasn't confident.
But then I jag a pb or some 6 tenths and found myself on the front row.
At this point I new my only hope was to user the Nissan start and go like hell before Phil tracked me down.
Race 1 went as expected with Phil catching me in the dying laps and to my surprise in race 2 if anything I was pulling away and grabbed a win!!
Race 3 was the same strong start but I took a few cuts at the chicane then mid race with Phil closing in I put a tyre off on the long right before the back straight.
It wasn't much but cost me a cut (bit silly in that it's on the outside of the corner and I was losing plenty of time).  Phil was now through and I had a 10 sec penalty
so I pushed on just trying to maximise the gap to those behind.
Nissan felt good tonight and much more suited to my driving than the Mustang which I almost went with!

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2019, 12:18:05 AM »
The Nissan was fun on this track. I think I lost quite a bit through the chicane before start-finish...especially Wally, but a few others as well were so much faster there.
I think a few battles for position in race one caused some off-tracks and that got me in trouble eventually with a 10s penalty.
Wally as putting a lot of pressure on me...I think it was race 2...well, till Bird solved this problem for me. So I was a bit lucky with the finishes in race 2 and 3.
I'm looking forward trying out the Abarth and see if it's faster for me at the next race...I can just buy it :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2019, 08:56:00 AM »
I really enjoyed last night, but could not keep it together in race3.   
The Mustang was a really good choice, it was slightly slower in some corners vs the gtr, but had a bit of extra down the straighter bits.

But the result in the car dealer is shocking :)
-$205   $5,292   Race result - finished P2, earnings $200, damage fee $105, entry fee $300"

Are you sure, Wally, that cut-track laps don't count?  I can't believe I was this fast.   I know it's the avg of fastest laps, but still, it feels maybe the really badly cut lap might be calculated in, as that could have been a very quick lap throwing the average.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:00:01 AM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2019, 09:25:30 AM »
I really enjoyed last night, but could not keep it together in race3.   
The Mustang was a really good choice, it was slightly slower in some corners vs the gtr, but had a bit of extra down the straighter bits.

But the result in the car dealer is shocking :)
-$205   $5,292   Race result - finished P2, earnings $200, damage fee $105, entry fee $300"

Are you sure, Wally, that cut-track laps don't count?  I can't believe I was this fast.   I know it's the avg of fastest laps, but still, it feels maybe the really badly cut lap might be calculated in, as that could have been a very quick lap throwing the average.
You can see by expanding your laps in the race results that none of your fastest laps (2 in the 26's) was a cut lap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2019, 09:38:28 AM »
Good racing last night. The Mustang was fun here. I finished surprisingly well, given my not so great qualifying time.

It was a bit disappointing to be accidentally tapped by Bird while doing well. I nearly hung on to it, but didn't manage it. That lead to some interesting racing back in the pack.

Sorry Brad for running wide into you at T1. I was keeping it tight on the inside and went up on the kerb, and it slipped me out a little wide when I came off it.

Two highlights: passing Bacchulum when he had a nice overseeing drift in his Mustang, slipping by on the inside, and having Mael pass me heading towards the chicane on the final lap, only to be able to criss-cross him on the exit from the chicane and beat his puny little BMW in a drag to the line.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 09:51:26 AM by Wally »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »
You can see by expanding your laps in the race results that none of your fastest laps (2 in the 26's) was a cut lap.

Ah cool, thanks.   Amazing.

And again; sorry for running into you :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2019, 12:41:02 PM »

Ah cool, thanks.   Amazing.

And again; sorry for running into you :(
No worries, I know it was an innocent mistake.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2019, 08:07:41 AM »
I had some great racing but was a little disappointed in the overall results as knew I could have done better.

Was running 5th or 6th in race one and has a touch with Wally which sent me off on to the grass and there was no way to re-enter safely so I had to let the whole field by and rejoin in last place. With the other races starting in finishing order that had a big impact. The contact was 100% my fault; in the moment I swear I was fully alongside Wally or potentially even slightly ahead but looking at the replay I was nowhere near that and only just had my nose in and Wally was fully entitled to that apex. I made up a couple of places but pushing hard to catch up I copped a 10 sec penalty so wasn't great.

Race 2 was good hard racing mostly chasing Brad. I had more pace but was no way past and he didn't really any mistakes.

Race 3 was going okay getting up into around 6th but unfortunately ploughed headlong into AB after his spin after the chicane leaving me with red damage all around and a broken windscreen. I lost quite a few places there and my pace was off, but had some good fun close racing until the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal