Xtreme Gaming Network

Sneak preview...

Author Topic: Sneak preview...  (Read 7524 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Sneak preview...
« on: December 27, 2018, 10:15:36 PM »
Sneak preview of what I've been busily coding...
Some very old timers (here's looking at you, Bird) will recognise this.

It's a car rental scheme on a website you can log on to. You can rent a different car every round, depending on how much money you have in the bank. Faster cars are more expensive. The higher up you finish a race, the less money you earn, so slower (or more strategic!) drivers can earn more money to rent faster cars. Also, if you damage your car in a race by being involved in collisions with other cars, you'll get less money when you sell your car... so don't hit other cars.

Don't worry about the cars and numbers in the screen shot - it's all just random test stuff.

Coming soon....
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Sneak preview...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 10:31:43 PM »
I think you've just made Bird's Xmas. :o ;D ;) 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 10:34:10 PM »
Remember this well . . . good stuff!  :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 12:28:57 PM »
This is sort of thing I have wanted to do for Thursdays but have never been able to work out how to implement it, not knowing how to code websites and graphs and stuff :(
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 01:30:24 PM »
This is sort of thing I have wanted to do for Thursdays but have never been able to work out how to implement it, not knowing how to code websites and graphs and stuff :(
Maybe it will be generic enough to use for both Tuesdays and Thursdays. Or run two different instances of it or something. I'll try to make it so.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 04:59:56 PM »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 05:48:36 PM »
Thanks Wally , looks very interesting :). What Sim was it used with before?
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 06:55:04 PM »
Interesting concept, I am all for things that create a bit of uniqueness to a series and help get some new rivalries going.

I have also been thinking about how to implement a handicappers series.  Basically the average clean lap time from practice (pros and cons to be considered) time for drivers are ranked then drivers are placed into 3 or 4 packs and given a calculated handicap calculated on “lap time delta x (race laps - 3))”.  Theory being the pack should merge in the last few laps.  The best I have come up with so far is chat messages based on honesty (and post race review).

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 09:07:59 PM »
Thanks Wally , looks very interesting :). What Sim was it used with before?
Rfactor Historix if I'm not mistaken...

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 09:09:36 PM »
Interesting concept, I am all for things that create a bit of uniqueness to a series and help get some new rivalries going.

I have also been thinking about how to implement a handicappers series.  Basically the average clean lap time from practice (pros and cons to be considered) time for drivers are ranked then drivers are placed into 3 or 4 packs and given a calculated handicap calculated on “lap time delta x (race laps - 3))”.  Theory being the pack should merge in the last few laps.  The best I have come up with so far is chat messages based on honesty (and post race review).
I remember once doing handicap starts where the slowest took off first down to the quickest with the aim to bring everyone together at the finish! :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 10:24:38 PM »

We've tried that kind of thing before, but while it looks good in theory, it never seems to quite work out right. I think it's because if someone makes a mistake of some sort, it's impossible for them to make up the time, and they just end up way back.

Re the sim where we did the car rental thing before (Bird organised it), yes it might have been rFactor historx, or maybe it was GT Legends.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 05:51:55 PM »
I've got it deployed to a free Amazon instance. Just gotta shake it out a bit, and then we can test it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal