Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC News

Author Topic: ACC News  (Read 123191 times)

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
Re: ACC News
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2019, 07:34:16 PM »
They haven't said yes and they haven't said no. UE4 doesn’t support it natively.

EDIT: Typo mistake. Meant to say DOESN’T SUPPORT. Aaahhh!!!
I see...that confused me. Still don't understand the reason why they went for it then. The way I see it triple support is just one of the basics you gotta get sorted without a fuss...no excuses.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2019, 10:18:37 PM »
Maybe they just presumed it (UE) world support triples?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2019, 07:56:56 AM »
Have you guys seen the sexy curved monitors they're using for the ACC e-sports competition?

Video:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2019, 04:10:38 PM »
Funny you mention that, I have been thinking about this

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/42826/samsung-c49j890d-ultra-widescreen-144hz-49in-qled-gaming-monitor

Its = to 2 27 inch apparently, which is still less that 3 24s so not really sure if its worth it
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2019, 04:53:33 PM »

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/42826/samsung-c49j890d-ultra-widescreen-144hz-49in-qled-gaming-monitor

Its = to 2 27 inch apparently, which is still less that 3 24s so not really sure if its worth it
Get two of them, side by side!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2019, 05:04:37 PM »
A central bezel would be annoying, to understate it. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2019, 05:18:57 PM »

I really like the immersion I'm getting when racing side by side and actually see the car next to me just the way I would see it in a real race. I wasn't 100% sure whether my recent change from triple 24" flat screen setup to triple 27" curved ones it's actually worth it, but after using it for a while now I find it is. So these guys are at a distance of 540mm from my eyes and I get physically 180deg FOV.
However, maybe these ultra wide monitors are a good compromise if you want to play ACC...not cheap though.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2019, 05:21:38 PM »
Bezels in the centre would drive me nuts ;-)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2019, 05:30:38 PM »

Funny thing, I've looked at that monitor as well, earlier.  But the lack of height is a real turn-off for me.

It's not 2x27', more like 2x24"  Check the height; it's only 34cm & only 1080px - although some 27" monitors have this resolution, I think it's way to little for a 27" - and this one, too.
For comparison; my Philips 43" has a height of 53cm.   Now this I can work on :)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:27:05 PM by Bird »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2019, 08:14:19 PM »
Would be like a modern f1 lol

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2019, 10:47:35 PM »

But sound better.

My debate at the moment is whether to get 3 x 32 inch or one 55 inch tv.

The biggest problem with triples larger than 27" is you need a dedicated monitor stand as a lot of the cockpit monitor stands aren't designed for screens that size.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2019, 11:29:40 PM »

But sound better.

The biggest problem with triples larger than 27" is you need a dedicated monitor stand as a lot of the cockpit monitor stands aren't designed for screens that size.
I only mentioned 32 because bigger is better, 27 would still be good for sure. I think the main reason for larger screens or multi monitors is for the wider fov. So what ever you use you'd want to be as close as possible, within reason. The wrap around aspect of triple is what I'd imagine to be the most enticing.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 18, 2019, 01:12:49 AM »

But sound better.

If you get custom made stands anyway, go for 3x43" 4k philips monitors.   
The monitor is big, IPS panel, and if you have the ~2.7m or so space you need for 3 of them side-by-side, you'll have the most incredible setup anyone around here has seen! ;)

In all seriousness;
I'd never use a TV for monitor, they're often prone to picture problems that aren't present in monitors.   3 of proper 27" monitors (1920x1200 not the "full HD" versions) I think are the best choice, and you should be able to find mounts for those, they aren't such a rare setup I reckon.   Plus the resolution isn't outlandish video-card wise either.   (going triple 4k would be somewhat demanding)

But then if you're not concerned about the height, the above curved one is a very nice choice, too, for racing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:15:43 AM by Bird »

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2019, 11:58:12 AM »

But sound better.

If you get custom made stands anyway, go for 3x43" 4k philips monitors.   
The monitor is big, IPS panel, and if you have the ~2.7m or so space you need for 3 of them side-by-side, you'll have the most incredible setup anyone around here has seen! ;)

In all seriousness;
I'd never use a TV for monitor, they're often prone to picture problems that aren't present in monitors.   3 of proper 27" monitors (1920x1200 not the "full HD" versions) I think are the best choice, and you should be able to find mounts for those, they aren't such a rare setup I reckon.   Plus the resolution isn't outlandish video-card wise either.   (going triple 4k would be somewhat demanding)

But then if you're not concerned about the height, the above curved one is a very nice choice, too, for racing.
I'm with you Bird. Just had a look at these 43' screens and was surprised they're not not more expensive (thought it would be at least $1000 per screen for a bottom end one).
The advantage with 27" screens is you can get them at the right height as they fit between steering wheel and motor/steering wheel base...and again that gets you pretty much 180deg FOV when using the right angles (I work these things out in Autocad).
Larger screens (30-34") are causing some issues as there's a good chance that the centre screen clashes with the wheel base (consider extension steering column).
However, 43" are tricky as well. They should clear the wheel base, but, depending on your rig design, can clash with it's structure. This is just based on panel size, setting the outer edges at 180deg FOV and adopting an angle of 90deg between all screens and line of sight. I'm fussy about this...for me just the panel size determines the exact location of each screen relative to my eyes. 43" screens would be 850mm away from them and clash with the structure of my (and likely many other's) rig(s).
The interesting thing is, I wouldn't see more and nothing would be bigger compared to 27" being closer to me. The limiting factor with screens is FOV. Games don't provide more than 180deg. Our natural FOV is approx. 210deg. That means large screens have only one advantage, which is they, being further away from you, get you easier access/egress to/from your rig. That would be different if games supported let's say 210deg...then large screens really get you something.
I find 1k 27" @ 540mm a pretty decent/nice resolution and 5760/1080 gets you good frame rates with a good graphics card. 3x 4k 43" screens with a good response time and matching computer power (if that's possible at all) would still cost you some serious money...might be worth looking at other things before getting into this...dd wheel, good set of pedals or motion.
Here some in my eyes good explanations by Avenga: https://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/20970-ideal-screen-size-for-triple-monitors/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 12:08:12 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2019, 01:52:55 PM »
Fixes incoming:

UI:
- Fixed issues with rebinding an existing control and saving presets.

- Fix to performance (CPU load) issue introduced in the first 1.0.5 preview build.

- Potential fix for failure to start the game with a particular combination of characters in the username.
This one may fix Bacchulum's crash.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal