Xtreme Gaming Network

G25/27 GTEYE spring mod

Author Topic: G25/27 GTEYE spring mod  (Read 28272 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
G25/27 GTEYE spring mod
« on: June 06, 2014, 12:41:07 PM »
There was some discussion about this in teamspeak chat in the Thursday nite races so I will post a link for those using these pedal sets. Highly recommend it as it gives much more feel then the stock springs, may be time to upgrade mine to some load cells but with this I can control brake pressure quite well.

http://www.gteye.com.au/about-gteye

They are based in Melbourne as when I ordered it it came hand delivered seeing I live only a couple suburbs away from where they are.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: G25/27 GTEYE spring mod
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 01:42:52 PM »
I have this spring mod and find it really good. I have struggled to improve my pace and braking was my biggest challenge. Since installing this spring I can feel the brake pressure/threshold and am now able to adjust the brake balance and, in AC, the brake gamma so that I am not locking and spinning all the time. With AC I have been able to adjust the gamma so that the spring pressure point (which is non-linear with the GTEYE) matches the non-linear gamma curve set in AC. So, like a real brake, I can push the pedal to the "resistence point" and then control the brake threshold through pressure on the pedal.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 01:47:42 PM »
I did the Gteye spring upgrade previously in my G25 and it is better however I then went to a load cell from Ricmotec
http://www.ricmotech.com/Load_Cell_Upgrade_Kit_for_Logitech_G25_G27_Pedals_p/rmt-lc27.htm

It totally changes things.  Small amount of travel and a hard pedal which totally relies on pressure in the same way your
car does.  Initially you will find the pedal to be pretty hard but you soon adjust and the control over braking is much better.
Definately worth the $109 US + delivery, unless you want to buy a complete new set of pedals with load cell included for twice as much.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 03:11:38 PM »
Just out of interest, Freezer, are you a left-foot braker, or right? 

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
Left . . . strangely I have difficulty right foot braking although thats how i drive my car!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 05:04:30 PM »
Left . . . strangely I have difficulty right foot braking although thats how i drive my car!
I'm exactly the same. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 05:49:35 PM »
I can vouch for the GTEye.  Best bang-for-buck mod around and very much makes braking a lot less of a lottery than with a standard linear spring pedal.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 12:13:40 AM »

Hm, ok...I was and still am afraid of a load cell setup a bit, due to the exact same thing, I just can't RFB in-game.  But then I can't LFB in the real car.  (well I can but it feels wrong and the result is not ideal either :) )

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 12:19:15 AM »

Hm, ok...I was and still am afraid of a load cell setup a bit, due to the exact same thing, I just can't RFB in-game.  But then I can't LFB in the real car.  (well I can but it feels wrong and the result is not ideal either :) )
But I'm not suggesting that my left foot braking with the load cell is an issue.... its not.  You get very precise feel and control with the load cell, rather than just a heavier pedal that the spring gives.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 08:33:36 AM »
I understood you completely well, mate.  I was just making a conversation. :)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 08:35:49 AM »
I am the same as others - cannot left foot brake in a real car but left foot brake in-game. It could be that most cars are not setup for left foot braking. Here's a picture of a car (an SUV!?) that is offered only with a semi-auto box (no manual option) and is definitely designed to allow both left and right foot braking.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2014, 11:16:31 AM »
Hey guys,

Just bought and installed the GTeye. Great customer service by the way. eBay'd it on Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. Can't complain about that.

I am now trying to fine tune the Gamma and dead zone settings in AC and it's a real pain to have to leave the car, close the session, go back to the setting menu, make a change and then back into the car to try out the changes.

Just wondering if you guys could give me some idea of what settings you use in AC to at least get me close as a starting point. I realize we all drive differently and the setting will be very personal, but it would be handy to at least get a range of settings that other people are using.

Thanks
rob

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2014, 11:28:09 AM »
From memory about 2.9 for me. I also set brake bias to about 70-75 when available. This seems to allow me to push the brake pedal right to the compression point of the spring without lockup. I can the feel the threshold via pressure on the pedal.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 11:45:09 AM »
From memory about 2.9 for me. I also set brake bias to about 70-75 when available. This seems to allow me to push the brake pedal right to the compression point of the spring without lockup. I can the feel the threshold via pressure on the pedal.

Hey thanks heaps for the G27 assistance last night Gratulin! feels a lot better now.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2014, 12:15:30 PM »
Your welcome. AC has been the easiest and the best wheel setup of all the sims I've tried. NetKar was the best feel previously of course but it was quite brutal if you 'oversteered' the car - for me anyway....

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal