Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 2 Championship Results

Author Topic: Season 2 Championship Results  (Read 17803 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Season 2 Championship Results
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 10:34:07 AM »
Once we've resorted to an Abarth Essesse 500 season, we'll start again ;)

No, I'm sure there will be some favourites that crop up again. But you're right - there's lots to choose from. Bacchulum is hanging out for a 98T season :)
The nice thing here too (compared to netKar) is that we can have mixed grids. Personally, I'd like to see a mix of cars from a real life series such as BTCC or DTM, although that would require the work of modders.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 10:58:11 AM »
Thanks all was good fun and thanks Wally especially.

Thanks everyone - thanks for turning up every (most) weeks! The seasons will slowly get a little longer. We're still just mixing it up to try a bit of everything.

What are the chances of using the same cars again in a series? Seems like we will have a bottomless pit of cars to choose from and may only ever see one car for one season. Not that there's anything wrong with that..

There will be a large selection of cars but you never know as these cars are interesting, with ballast and fixed ground collisions id probably enjoy racing them a bit more a second season. Maybe some reverse grid action would be good fun too but even the dtm's would be a more fun season with ballast as mixed in with the grp A's they werent the best mix at times.

I dont think there is any mod cars really solid enough for a proper season even the cobra's I think have some weirdness going on in the physics and tyre department.

The street cars will be interesting as they mix uo quite well and I raced them a bit on my server in all cars. As long as the aliens werent in the faster cars I was able to battle with an elise against the regular guys in the faster cars. Not much can be done setup wise on them either so its mostly down to driving and if people are matched up well with a car they can compete in but not easily dominate it should be much better racing then the follow the leader style of many races this season up front.

Achilles heel is still undefeated so we will need to keep that up, maybe we can sign Darren as our 3rd driver.  ;)

Yeah those lotus races you had on your pubic server for a while sure attracted a lot of guests. Often saw or was in amongst 4 car-wide sprint down the back straight int-silverstone. Was great to see and maybe gives a good indication of some close racing.

3 driver teams? I say CramDick Racing takes on another 20 members. That should get us close to Achilles Heel.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »
Pretty sure we will have a gt seasone at soke point but best to wait til we get some more cars. Will be a nice field and you could mix gt2 and gt3 cars.

Will be a great mix of cars with the ones we have atm M3gt2, P4/5, bmw z4gt3, mp4 gt3

Then all the others coming soon from mercedes, nissan, corvette, audi, ferrari and likely more officialy.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
Once we've resorted to an Abarth Essesse 500 season, we'll start again ;)

No, I'm sure there will be some favourites that crop up again. But you're right - there's lots to choose from. Bacchulum is hanging out for a 98T season :)
The nice thing here too (compared to netKar) is that we can have mixed grids. Personally, I'd like to see a mix of cars from a real life series such as BTCC or DTM, although that would require the work of modders.

Hm...I hate to repeat myself, but I think for mixed grids we should really take a look that old car-renting method.  Ballast is the best for single-make races, may even work with mixed - the problem, though, is it'll create funny situations as each car has different strengths.  Altho it may not be such a big problem.   Eh whatever, we'll see :)

Oh and I love mixed-car racing, too.     In fact if the cars are balanced well and the tracks are mixed up enough, too, you may not even need the ballast.  Just a lot of tracks ;)

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 09:34:27 PM »
Congrats to Marty. Awesome season, thanks to Wally for organizing.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 04:05:18 PM »
Well done Marty, for slaying the alien. ;D

2+2=√16

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2014, 09:44:38 AM »
Congrats Marty, nicely done to win the championship. Well done to everyone also.

For my first season with XGN I enjoyed myself, even though racing each week put some strain on my practice regime and the tin tops are what I prefer. I think there's going to be some great racing once AC matures, let's hope the update this weekend brings some good features. I hear an updated tyre model is being implemented?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2014, 10:28:16 AM »
I haven't heard much at all about what's promised in this update, other than the Merc. There may be the "blistering and graining" that Kunos has spoken about. I hope they whip the "infrastructure" into place a bit more before getting fancy with the tyre model, like damage, pitstops, better server control, better netcode...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2014, 10:48:19 AM »
even the "recording & auto-saving full replays" is on my list before tyre model upgrades...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2014, 12:30:17 PM »
It looks like they've had to develop the flat spotting / graining / blistering, etc. of the tyre along with the general tyre model, so apart from sorting out some bugs it's just a matter of them flicking a switch to turn it on... figuratively speaking.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 01:21:59 PM »
... figuratively speaking.

I thought your name was Guybrush?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal