Xtreme Gaming Network

New version of PLP add to download - 1.19

Author Topic: New version of PLP add to download - 1.19  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
New version of PLP add to download - 1.19
« on: March 04, 2017, 04:58:24 PM »
There's a new version 1.19 of the PLP app to download here: http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=758.0

This version doesn't detect cuts on lap 1 of a race session only. This is to allow a little leeway for lap 1 shunts, or where you might have to go off track to avoid an accident. I saw that they do this in the Australian Carrera Cup with kerb hop warnings.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: New version of PLP add to download - 1.19
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:36:38 PM »
Really good idea, great stuff Wally  :D

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 08:14:54 PM »
can I straighten up radillon and les combes on Tuesday then? ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 10:40:46 PM »
One thing we can do in the current build is enable in game penalties but then also disable the forced gas cut slowdown with the new option in the server. This way if you set it to 2 or 3 tyres it will automatically invalidate qualy laps but wont force the slowdown penalty for the race. The Tuesday practice server has it set to allow 2 tyres out only because kerbs are valid track and so having 3 tyres out is just too soft. This penalty at 2 tyres is still generally a bit softer then PLP is as it also invalidates dirty surfaces like astro and some kerbs.

For the practice servers I wouldn't use the disable gas cut mostly as with public on it would disable penalties in race and then people would just drive everywhere and make it pointless to even race people that drive like this. But if using it on race night at 2 tyres it would simply invalidate any laps that should be with no need for people to abort laps or get post race penalties for setting a time with an invalid lap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 07:42:22 AM »
One thing we can do in the current build is enable in game penalties but then also disable the forced gas cut slowdown with the new option in the server. This way if you set it to 2 or 3 tyres it will automatically invalidate qualy laps but wont force the slowdown penalty for the race. The Tuesday practice server has it set to allow 2 tyres out only because kerbs are valid track and so having 3 tyres out is just too soft. This penalty at 2 tyres is still generally a bit softer then PLP is as it also invalidates dirty surfaces like astro and some kerbs.

For the practice servers I wouldn't use the disable gas cut mostly as with public on it would disable penalties in race and then people would just drive everywhere and make it pointless to even race people that drive like this. But if using it on race night at 2 tyres it would simply invalidate any laps that should be with no need for people to abort laps or get post race penalties for setting a time with an invalid lap.
That's a good idea Marty. I'll have to do some testing as it changes the way laps are reported in the server log - i.e. I think when there is a cut, it doesn't record the lap at all. I'll give it a test on the fun run.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 10:12:20 AM »
I think it doesnt count invalid laps in practice or qualy but in race it still counts all laps.
Yes, I've just tried it - it works well. It has no effect on race laps at all. The only difference is that the AC cut detection is a bit harsher than PLP in that as soon as your wheels are out, your lap is immediately invalidated, whereas PLP gives you a chance to slow down. But that screws up your qually lap anyway, so it's no big deal. I'll be going with this for qually lap invalidation.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal