Xtreme Gaming Network

Tue March 28 - fun run?

Author Topic: Tue March 28 - fun run?  (Read 20187 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Tue March 28 - fun run?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 01:51:27 PM »
MAZDA 787B!!!!!  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2017, 01:55:29 PM »
MAZDA 787B!!!!!  ;D

In the showroom? I dont see a track suggestion.  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2017, 02:22:04 PM »
You can bring the presets up any time on track by pressing the dpad or arrow keys.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »
I had a quick look. It didnt have any damage repair settings so wonder how that would work. On Tuesday i was able to click the aero button as I approached my box.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2017, 03:09:40 PM »
MAZDA 787B!!!!!  ;D

Barbagallo    I've done lots of laps with the old Mod Mazda there and it suits the car well. The Mazda needs a smooth track surface, really disliked bumpy tracks.  Plus a lap is only like 40 seconds  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2017, 03:53:58 PM »
I had a quick look. It didnt have any damage repair settings so wonder how that would work. On Tuesday i was able to click the aero button as I approached my box.
It does, at the bottom, doesn't it?

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/aaa-jpg.107684
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:56:54 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2017, 04:05:25 PM »
It does, at the bottom, doesn't it?

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?attachments/aaa-jpg.107684

Ah nice. I didn't see it like that, I just saw the extra menu when in the pits where I don't think it had it. Wonder if you can bind wheel buttons to the options.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
With the pit app I just tried it, I thought it was controlled by the wheel dpad but it was rendered on the far edge of the right screen and I didnt even notice it. I had to use the ini file to move it to somewhere I can see it.

Quite easy to control it in car using the dpads much better then pitconfig trying to get the mouse the make changes, the pressures you will want to set in pit as they start at the default rate and so incar you have no idea what this relates to compared to what your currently using. Would prefer an option to have +- psi rather then full numbers and this would be up or down from current pressures not default values.

You just move dpad up or down to get other options then left or right to make selections and this works quite well in car, you also have the 3 presets you can set in pit so can just choose one of these rather then have to make adjustments on the fly.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2017, 08:18:08 AM »
May I suggest Thomson Road in the Maserati 250F (both the six and twelve cylinder).

How about the Australian GP?
(1962)
Lotus 25's @ Longford, 150kms
 ;)

MAZDA 787B!!!!!  ;D

Barbagallo    I've done lots of laps with the old Mod Mazda there and it suits the car well. The Mazda needs a smooth track surface, really disliked bumpy tracks.  Plus a lap is only like 40 seconds  ;D

3 suggestions so far, with nobody else suggesting either a second time or any other suggestions its looking like The 250F's at Thompson unless there comes a flurry in votes tonight.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »
As the suggestions kept flooding in all the way to the deadline the first choice is the winner.  :o

Tuesday will be Thomson road in the Maserati f1 cars, I will put up a server with the combo if anyone wants a run. I think 2 x20 min races with a forced pit stop to test out the pit window option. Pit window will be pretty open from 2nd to 17th minutes, reverse grids dont really need to be tested I have seen how they work and with 2 races people can switch between the 6 and 12 cylinder cars if they want with a 10 min qualy before each race.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 11:37:37 PM by marty »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2017, 11:35:16 PM »
Forced pit stops would be good for practice. Not a big fan of the new pit app but it maybe a bit of practice would convince me otherwise.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 08:24:40 AM »
There is a big gotcha with the pit window. Because the pit lap is counted from when you reach your pit box, it depends on whether your box is before or after the start line. Some people will be able to pit (as in enter the pits) on lap 4, for example, and some will only be able to pit on lap 5, if their box is before the start line.

Similarly, at the end of the pit window when it says there are 0 laps left at the top of the screen, if your pit box is before the start line, you can still pit, but if your box is after the start line, you're disqualified.

It's a bit broken at the moment. They should have counted your pit lap as the lap on which you entered pit lane.

So it might be a good opportunity to test some of these quirks.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 09:51:12 AM »
I thought Marty wanted to use a timed pit window. Doesn't this solve the lap-start/finish issue?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »
I thought Marty wanted to use a timed pit window. Doesn't this solve the lap-start/finish issue?
Yes, I think going by time will work better. It will still be the time that you hit your pit box, but that should be OK.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 01:36:17 PM »
Yes, I think going by time will work better. It will still be the time that you hit your pit box, but that should be OK.

Time does eliminate that lap issue and crossing the line, I dont know what happens if you miss the pit window. I guess it just DQ's you the next time you cross the line so in a timed race you will need to not push the pit window too tight.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal