Xtreme Gaming Network

ABs silly videos

Author Topic: ABs silly videos  (Read 17364 times)

Offline ab156

• View Profile
ABs silly videos
« on: March 19, 2020, 10:29:36 PM »
I may choose to post some less embarrassing videos here occasionally....

Offline ab156

• View Profile
Re: ABs silly videos
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 10:40:47 PM »
Nurburgring (2016)

This was mid Austria / British GP double header.  Literally drove all day, picked up the track hire car 5 miles down the road, drove to track and got stuck in.  In retrospect, one of the silliest things I have ever done (I have along list).  The video is a mix of the three laps I did.

"Just this first part you need to be a little bit careful with" ... idiot!

Would I do it again, hell yeah.  However, I would probably allow a few days and buy / sell a car and / or do some hot laps in Ring Taxi's.

The excess on a ringed out Renault Cleo was eye watering .. they per-resreve on your CC.   Be warned!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:49:20 PM by ab156 »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:40:07 AM »
I'm officially jealous.  Seems you had fun :)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 01:52:50 PM »
You obviously know the track pretty well, was it after this you bought the GT3? ;D did fast cars coming up behind give you a bit of a fright? Would have been fun :) :).
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 05:41:59 PM »
I spent several hours / days in AC building up to it, to be fair it was a good way to prepare.  I had managed to memorise key parts of the track I thought would be the worst.  What you can't prepare for is the traffic, it is like an open server in real life (with greater consequences).  I had to stitch the 3 laps together to get a "clean" lap.  And.. it was a quiet day when I was there.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 09:44:28 PM »
I'm officially jealous.  Seems you had fun :)

I very Jealous as well
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 05:07:42 PM »
Going through old HDD and USB sticks, this one is pretty ancient, guessing late 2006 / early 2007.

MKV Golf GTi with a APR stage 2 tune in it.  What a great little car that was.

Can't say I was young and stupid, even back then. Just stupid.  There is no way I would go anywhere near a race track in these conditions today.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 02:03:24 PM »
Ok so I've got a few track vids from before, too.   These were done with the stage2 tuned Toyota 86 - I loved that car, too, especially on the track, it was meant to be taken out.
I've a wet session record here, too.  But it's nowhere near that bad.  (to see the others if you like, copy this link in - sorry I can't just leave put the link here, the forum software converts it into a video: www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=NoKwB7upTVc&list=UUZ7i-XgnXjRB3zIqO0X1hrw )

Also I dared not completely take the TC off at this point, yet.  Later I had sessions with TC off, but I have stopped making videos of these sessions after a while.   I should have taken tc off earlier, it's a lot more educational; and catching the 86 mid-spin is actually very easy - with years of online experience, hehe. ;)

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:12:32 PM by Bird »

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 07:38:27 PM »
Ok so I've got a few track vids from before, too.   These were done with the stage2 tuned Toyota 86 - I loved that car, too, especially on the track, it was meant to be taken out.

Nice, I was supposed to be at Wakefield for the first time later in the year, that along with everything else, is now off.  First world problems but it's depressing.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2020, 10:01:28 PM »
For context, jumping ahead...

2016?.. Cayman S around Sandown. another car I shouldn't have sold (wife agrees on this one..).

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »
Posted as we were talking about front end grip and fall off in real world vs. sim.  This vid is a good example of how much more "time" you have in real word before you hit the cliff on front slip (see T2 - T4), noted this is on Michelin Sport Cup 2 tyres which are pretty epic, slicks are another level but I don't have much experience on them at speed.

The Beast .. this one won't be going anywhere (COVIS-21 permitting.). With previous cars I have felt I was within reaching distance of capability, this one makes an idiot looks good.  I suspect I am at 70% of the car capability.  It is embarrassing how good this car is.

Before you ridicule.. most track days make you wear a suit if you have a cage and harness (which are factory fitted in my case  8) ).

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 10:34:05 PM »
Thats pretty cool   :)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 03:22:38 PM »
Going through old HDD and USB sticks, this one is pretty ancient, guessing late 2006 / early 2007.

MKV Golf GTi with a APR stage 2 tune in it.  What a great little car that was.

Can't say I was young and stupid, even back then. Just stupid.  There is no way I would go anywhere near a race track in these conditions today.

Looks perfectly safe to me AB ;D , grip level is much higher than I was expecting, what track was that?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 03:45:22 PM by rooshooter »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 03:29:58 PM »
I've a wet session record here, too.  But it's nowhere near that bad.  (to see the others if you like, copy this link in - sorry I can't just leave put the link here, the forum software converts it into a video: www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=NoKwB7upTVc&list=UUZ7i-XgnXjRB3zIqO0X1hrw )

Also I dared not completely take the TC off at this point, yet.  Later I had sessions with TC off, but I have stopped making videos of these sessions after a while.   I should have taken tc off earlier, it's a lot more educational; and catching the 86 mid-spin is actually very easy - with years of online experience, hehe. ;)

Nice one Bird, Wakefield was the track I went to for a lot of Historic racing ( I used to live in Canberra) great track for spectators as you can see all of the track :). I will be interested in watching some dry track action of you ;) from your link.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »
For context, jumping ahead...

2016?.. Cayman S around Sandown. another car I shouldn't have sold (wife agrees on this one..).

Crikey, that car was fast  :o :o :o :o 8) 8) I would not have sold it either :'(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal