Xtreme Gaming Network

S27R3: Modena (Fast) Race Chat

Author Topic: S27R3: Modena (Fast) Race Chat  (Read 35220 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S27R3: Modena (Fast) Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 06:14:48 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2019, 10:15:56 PM »
Well, it was good fun but I got a bit tired by the end.

I don't know who turned me around in the last race, but blaming me for it I feel is a bit rich; I was in the corner, I was ahead, I cannot see you; you need to take care. 
Anyway,  no big deal.

Hope you guys had good races, too, although there were a lot of accidents.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 10:26:31 PM »
I think I turned you around at one point Bird, but I take full blame for that

Sorry for everyone I hit tonight, Never really got to like the BMW and was caught out a few times
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:29:28 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2019, 10:49:29 PM »
Fun nights racing, thanks guys... Sorry for the incident at the start of race two, I moved over to get up the inside of one of the Mr. Bean cars but moved too far and there was no room, my rear end rubbed someone and I turned around...sorry if it ruined anyone's race

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »
Tough nights racing.  Qualified in P1 which was a rarity.
Race 1 I got tagged by Killa I think which half spun me into Joe but we got going only dropping a few spots.  From there Joe and i battled
our way back to the lead and whilst I could hang on to the back of him I couldn't get close enough to pass.
Race 2 and 3 were more of me chasing Joe who seemed to get a bit quicker each race but it was still close.
Happy with three seconds .  . . although I was secretly hoping for three firsts tonight. :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2019, 11:09:21 PM »
Good night for me. First few laps of race 1 were intense trying to find a way past Wally and also trying to hold freezer off. Think freezer got by then I was able to thread my way past them both in the last turn. I then caught up with killa and bueller and got my them then held freezer off till the end.

Race 2 and  3 were very similar getting away well and holding freezer off but was good pressure and I had to concentrate hard not to make a mistake.

Were you running any rear wing freezer? It seemed you were a bit quicker in the corners but I pulled away a bit on the straights.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 11:16:34 PM »
Were you running any rear wing freezer? It seemed you were a bit quicker in the corners but I pulled away a bit on the straights.
Just default wing (whatever that was).  I was trying to get on the gas early out of the turns though!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2019, 11:32:56 PM »
Results are up in the first post. Congratulations to Joe on the round win.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2019, 11:33:01 PM »
Just default wing (whatever that was).  I was trying to get on the gas early out of the turns though!

Default was 1 I was on 0. I was just making sure I placed it on the apex and focused on exits. Was definitely faster in the last race.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2019, 07:47:36 AM »
That was a tough round. I got banged into from behind mid-corner more often than I would have liked. Maybe I had slow mid-corner speed, but I was turned around quite a few times. The Nissan was feeling very understeery in the last few laps of each race. I managed to get side by side with a few of the Abarths from time to time, but it was ultimately futile as they could just power around the corner. I didn't think I put a pass on anyone all night, apart from the starts. One of the race starts looks very impressive, with a bunch of Nissans all weaving around the slower Abarths and streaming past.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2019, 08:15:55 AM »
The best and worst of sim racing.  I respectfully disagree with the judgements but won't dwell on it.

I obviously need to go and reconsider my starts, sorry to all I impacted in T1, R1.

Thanks to DaveO for some great racing in every race, side by side, position swapping and no contact.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2019, 08:33:40 AM »
And congratulations to Mael - the only driver who didn't rack up a damage fee  8)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2019, 10:05:08 AM »
Rob missed the apex and drove into the side of Killagorilla spinning him - $300 penalty.

Sorry Killa, I miss judged the corner and missed the apex, and couldn't hold a tight enough line. Apologies mate.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2019, 10:17:32 AM »
Just one question, Wally, do I get the penalty money as consolation prize for R3 or the institution pockets it?  :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2019, 10:40:30 AM »
Just one question, Wally, do I get the penalty money as consolation prize for R3 or the institution pockets it?  :)
Interesting suggestion. But I don't want to introduce a financial incentive to cause incidents ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal