Xtreme Gaming Network

S9R2: Silverstone post-race chat

Author Topic: S9R2: Silverstone post-race chat  (Read 19557 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S9R2: Silverstone post-race chat
« on: October 20, 2015, 10:37:31 PM »
Apologies to anyone who got caught out by the wrong race laps - I accidentally had laps from the wrong round put in!

RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

No penalties! Nice starts.

Round Points
EdWood    60.5
Marty    56.5
Freezer    56
Guybrush Threepwood    56
Wally    56
christopheraser    55
Skaife    54.5
Phil.8    54
Rolz    53
Simone    53
Jeremy    48.5
Grat    47.5
StanDaam    45
Matthew111    44
Bacchulum    34
G0RGAK    30
Mael    30
Grubbet    27
Bafs17    24
Will    22
Joe    17
Schmittez    8
Chap111    4

Congratulations to EdWood on the round win, and Freezer and christopheraser for the race wins.

Season Podium
1. Jeremy, 68
2. Freezer, 65
3. Skaife, 62

Caterpillar Racing are leading the team points from Struggle Street Racing Crew.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 11:22:51 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S9R2: Silverstone post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 10:43:10 PM »
Noticed it like 20 seconds from start and added an emergency 10 liters at 15 seconds... :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 10:44:54 PM »
Race 1 was behind Bafs and Wally for 5 laps until Bafs spun then on lap 6 I gave it a bit too much gas coming out of Vale and spun loosing three places. Was then behind Ed and Will for a while until I saw Ed in the sand. Another lap later got a good run on to hanger straight and closed right in on Will and he pulled over and let me past, not sure why, but thanks  ;D Finished 8th I think, not too shabby

Race 2... my wife said that because she is booked in to have our 3rd baby tomorrow morning, that putting music on her iPhone was more important than my 'game'... pffff... she could be right...

G0RGAK

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 10:47:52 PM »

Race 2... my wife said that because she is booked in to have our 3rd baby tomorrow morning, that putting music on her iPhone was more important than my 'game'... pffff... she could be right...

lol

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 11:04:31 PM »
Apologies to anyone who got caught out by the wrong race laps - I accidentally had laps from the wrong round put in!
I'll accept one of those.
Qual:  Managed to get P1 in qual which could well be a first in AC.
R1: Got a good jump and had stan behind me.  With no ballast I had tonnes of speed and could easily control the gap so I spent most of the race managing my times in the hope of not getting to much ballast for the next race.
R2: With 88kgs I qualified around 10th I think.  Managed to get 8th in the first lap and at one point up to about 6th with others obviously going off.
Spent the early parts of the race pushing hard behind Matthew and then a few laps in Jeremy got a run down the back straight on me.  I hung on the outside into the left but as we went right I touched his back wheel and we both went around.  Apologies Jeremy, at the time I wasn't sure who was at fault and after it I didn't know where you had gone so I pushed on.  Replays shows me having a small lock up..!
From there I chased Wally for a few laps before a little slide allowed me to slip through.  Chased Jeremy until Lap 9 when he pitted and held out to lap 12 myself.  A quick splash of fuel saw me out in front of Wally and Jeremy.
Unfortunately at the start pf the last lap noticed I had saw I had only about 1/3 lap of fuel, so had to coast it all the way around to get home 10th.

I did get a track cut 10 sec penalty, with the 3rd cut being for just putting a wheel off the outside of the slow turn 3 right hander (bit weird).

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »
Results in the first post...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 11:11:42 PM »

lol

congratulations Joe and Mrs Joe
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 11:23:43 PM »

If you want to induce labour, let her race these cars! Congratulations.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 11:59:50 PM »
An exciting night's racing, with me being the hunter in race 2, chasing Freezer mostly. I came damn close to hitting him a few times... good braking practice. I was pretty pleased with my races, having some good battles with Freezer and Jeremy, and Bafs in race 1, and avoiding any crashes.

Race 2 was fun, starting from dead last into turn 1 to finish 7th.

In both races, the smallest oversteers and wobbles cost me some spots, with my opponents ready to capitalise on any mistakes. Nice pass at the death, Simone, and likewise Marty, both getting me with the tow at the end of Hanger Straight. I tried the criss-cross at Stowe, but it didn't work on either occasion.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2015, 12:08:16 AM »
I was surprised to get 2nd for the nite with 2 of my worst 1st laps in all the league races Ive done, both races I had a very silly fully self inflicted spin putting me to the back of the pack after fairly reasonable qualifying laps, even though race 1 I had a cut on the exit of the last turn  :-[

In race 1 I had a second brain berp with yet a another spin mid race costing me a few more places for a second time, then just went for it and got back a few spots.

Race 2 I qualified 3rd with a real good lap considering the ballast only being ,3 off the pole time, early into the lap I could see there was no hope hanging on to the guys with no ballast. I treid to take it a bit easier on the exits after my race 1 spin but managed to do it again and nail the wall to add some aero damage. I had to carry on with damage in order to get to the end with only 1 stop and as the car got lighter I had reasonable pace relative to those ahead of me. I stayed out til lap 11 then pitted and fixed the damage, I knew I could put in some fairly quick laps so just went 100% from there on hoping to gain back some spots. In the end I caught up to Wally and Jeremy passing Wally in the last part of the last lap and Jeremy had an off helping me gain back 1 more spot.

Phil mentioned he had a weird crash at the end of lap 1 so I took a look at the replay and it sure was a weird one.
[youtube]E5U63tY_wuI[/youtube]

Offline Will

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2015, 12:08:56 AM »
Race 1 was behind Bafs and Wally for 5 laps until Bafs spun then on lap 6 I gave it a bit too much gas coming out of Vale and spun loosing three places. Was then behind Ed and Will for a while until I saw Ed in the sand. Another lap later got a good run on to hanger straight and closed right in on Will and he pulled over and let me past, not sure why, but thanks  ;D Finished 8th I think, not too shabby
I was rear-ended by Edwood on lap 8 or 9 I think because he lagged. I was so slow on the straights after that plus being a lap down after pitting for damage early in the race I didn't see the point getting in your way. :) Congrats on the baby to come!!

Race two was going well fore me until my internet shat itself. Data should show me disappearing on lap 9 or 10. Need to replace modem before next week I'm pretty sure it's the problem.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2015, 09:06:28 AM »
Good luck with the baby Joe!! (noticed your sudden departure, thought you had a nasty disco). And yep, that accident of Phil's was pretty freaky!!

My night was pretty average for the goats.

Race 1 was excellent, had a great battle with Rolz and I slowly catching Freezer at times (or was he teasing us... hmmm). All 3 of us kept it tidy and I came home 3rd but happy not to have any mishaps.

Race 2 I did have a mishap... all by myself. Managed to get distracted (I think I looked at teamspeak on my 2nd monitor for a millisecond I swear, only to look back and see those bollards of death at Woodcote totally smash my fragile liddle open wheeler... limped back to pit, quickly read war n peace then trundled out in last. Had a bit of a battle with Mael for some old spoon we found but he ended getting it  ;D.

Rolz

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2015, 09:20:41 AM »
R1 - Unfairly advantaged with no ballast, still smashed my PB (shame RSR wasn't recognising it - always the bloody way). Still great racing with Standaam and Freezer

R2 - Not a hope in hell, was shit in qual was shit in the racing... I just didn't have a setup to suit that ballast.

Moved my Ballast questions to Ballast feed.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
Congrats, Joe. And good luck with everything.

I did not have great expectations for the night: I am not usually in the top 3 spots, so starting with one of the highest ballasts looked tough. Quali was indeed very hard, P18, but I felt I was doing fine (3 tenths from Matthew who had very similar ballast and is usually faster than I am). At the start, I managed to avoid contacts in the first 3 or 4 corners, but it costed me some position. Then I was starting regaining a bit, thanks to a few ahead of me going long at Luffield and Copse. I was following very close at the entrance of Maggots, when the driver ahead of me lifted off in a point I did not expect and I could not react fast enough. Damage and then spin. Race ended there.

No ballast change for Race 2, as I did not score any lap time in Race 1. A bit of an imperfect incentives scheme here: I could have just run one slow lap on purpose and lose like 30kg (Matthew lost 50, for example). I didn't, as it seemed unfair, but one could very easily do this.

Quali 2 was even harder than Quali 1, but this time it was probably me not finding the rhythm. Anyway, P16. I had a good start and found some decent space to get to P10 by the end of the first lap. After Mael and Grubbet came to contact ahead of me, I had a free track all for me and could finally focus on finding a rhythm. The rest of the race looked really like an F1 race: pace, pace, Wally trying an undercut, fast lap, pit stop, rejoin ahead of him, fast lap, manage to keep Freezer just behind me when he rejoins, a few tense lap to try to get freezer off my draft, pace, pace, trying to manage the last laps, see Jeremy is arriving fast, last lap: 1.3 second gap to him, I can make it. He goes of at Maggots. 5th place is done.

Next round seems hard: still 108kg...

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2015, 10:48:23 AM »
Race one, robbed of valuable points
race two, made a few small mistakes in first few laps, which allowed matthew111 past, after that found some rhythm, saw Will behind me suddenly disappear, had an awesome battle with matthew111, until I tried the undercut in pitstops, but it didnt matter as he ran outta fuel. Good race for me and happy to finish with no drama or penalties :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal