Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R3: Misano Post-Race

Author Topic: S21R3: Misano Post-Race  (Read 10284 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S21R3: Misano Post-Race
« on: March 13, 2018, 06:13:46 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Grat   192
Matthew111   158
Phil.8   142
Jeremy   128
Shayne   124
killagorilla   124
Keith   85
RussG   69
Mael   68
Wally   68
buellersdayoff   63
ab156   54
Phil   17
Bacchulum   15
Dadio   15
Dave O   12
Gratulin   10
JamieP   10
Dr.Dinkum   5

Congratulations to Matthew.111 on pole and the race 1 win, and Grat for the race 2 win and the overall round win, thanks to a commanding lead in race 2.

Penalties
None. In fact, in race 2, there were no contacts at all on the opening lap. Great stuff!

Season Podium
1. Grat, 392 pts
2. Matthew.111, 369
3. Phil.8, 354

Grat has pulled away a little from Matthew this round, to take the outright lead. Phil.8's coming together with Matthew near the end of race 2 helped Grat pull away in the points.

Keith and Russ both had a good round, seeing them move up 3 spots in the standings each.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 10:40:40 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S21R3: Misano Post-Race
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:51:22 PM »
Results are up.

Race 1 was clean, with a long chase of Bueller until he finally made a mistake and I got a pass on him.

Race 2 was nice and tight, sandwiched for most of it between Shayne, Russ, Killagorilla and Keith. Russ was pressuring, Keith was pressuring... Keith got me with a clean inside dive just after I got a penalty for 4 cuts  :-X . I nearly made the undercut stick, but we ended up side by side down the long back straight and I had to yield on the outside of the very fast kink or it would have ended in tears. That 10 second penalty was costly in such a tight field - it cost me 4 places from 8th to 12th. Bummed, but I've only got myself to blame for being a bit too greedy with the runoff areas.

Not a single contact all race! Amazing, considering how tight the racing was.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 11:10:26 PM »
Love the race gaps graph for race 2. Indicate that there was three distinct pacts.

For myself, raced in the back of the second pack and enjoyed it very much even if Russ took exception to my rear wing in race 1, otherwise no contact thanks especially to AB's good driving. Sorry for holding you up AB, was going as fast as I could!

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 08:17:30 AM »
Q. Mid qualifying Bacchulum did a 360 right in front of me just after finishing line, don't know how that happened but I nowhere to go and t-boned. Had to start again on cold tyres.
R1. Going well on tail end of the lead pack until about lap 8, couldn't keep the car straight, looked up and realised I was the only one on softs. They got worse, I got worse, Wally got past easy. Just tried cruise home with the gap I had behind me.
R2. Hard tyres...Awesome racing tailing Russ with Keith on mine, immense pressure from behind gave me the urge push also. Both Russ and I got a little wide at different points of back fast kinks. I had the opportunity to get up along side Russ at the entry of the tight right but blew it by being cautious and thought the opportunity was still there for the exit. It probably was but we were on different lines and really close, unfortunately I gave a small tap and sent Russ off. Felt like an ass, redressed and very sorry about it Russ. Felt like I drove the tyres off it after that to try catch the pack that went by from the incident. All in all still a good fun night racing with you all. Thanks

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »
Q: I had some problems with traffic and managing the soft tyres. In the end, on my second stint, I had a pretty good lap, but lost a pair of tenths passing a car on a hotlap ahead of me. But probably would have been 2nd place anyway.

R1: I almost stuffed it for everybody sliding through the first corner, but thankfully Phil was very alert and perhaps going slightly wide himself, so we were all safe. For the first 7 or 8 laps I could stay (almost) comfortably behind Matthew, with Phil slowly peeling from behind us, but I had no chance to pass him at all. Then I lost a bit of concentration and got a pair of cuts, so I chose to slow my pace a bit and perhaps hope for slightly less ballast in race 2.

R2: I had a good feeling in the first 2 laps and could stay really on the back of Matthew trying to put pressure on him. But even then I had very little hopes to actually attack him. Luckily he got wide at the fast right-hand kink and I took the lead. After a few laps I felt my tyres were starting to be a little hot, so I opted to take it a little calmer for a bit and get as steady a pace as I could. I think Matthew did not do the same, because after lap 10 or so, he started peeling off quite fast and ended up in Phil's target, which slowed him down even more. They crossed the line for the last lap with some 5 seconds gap, but then they tangled at turn 3 and disappeared from the mirrors altogether. I had no idea about where they were, but I decided to do the safest last lap I could. In the end, their crash gifted me a huge advantage...

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 09:57:28 AM »
First race was fun, I had a hairy  going into a corner on the first lap. I could feel the car sliding towards someone else, I had to work hard for no contact!
And to whoever was in the black car when we both went in on a left hand corner, I hadn't ever taken the inside and didn't know where to brake, thank you, I assume you anticipated me going across the track.

I switched to hard tyres and noticed I was like 1.5 seconds slower per lap. Bad idea for the green machine.

This was a super hard track for me to learn, I'm not sure why but I think it was super technical and I hadn't ever raced on it before. I like the track don't get me wrong and I'm gonna spend more time on it just in case it comes up again.

I was talking all night and only noticed at the end no-one could hear me  :(
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 10:20:50 AM by Phil »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
Q. Mid qualifying Bacchulum did a 360 right in front of me just after finishing line, don't know how that happened but I nowhere to go and t-boned. Had to start again on cold tyres.
Yeah, really sorry about that. :'(
Cat attacked me and put me into the wall.
Won't happen again, cat's gone. :-[

2+2=√16

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 09:16:26 PM »
I was keen for a good race here since I'd done a couple of races here in other games and liked the track........many years ago.

Had a pretty poor race one with a couple of lazy spins costing me plenty of time. Ended up last by a country mile getting lapped by the whole field....I think. Main cause is me overdriving the car so I thought I'd try an easy going race in race 2.

Race 2 I just hung up the back for the first couple of laps and built myself into a decent rhythm. This strategy worked well for me as I built up speed while others were starting to burn up the tyres. I ended up doing my fastest laps in the closing laps as I'd passed the cars in front during their own battles and worked on building a gap. Had some tight racing with the guys up the back which was great fun and was cruising to the finish when I ran out of fuel on the second last corner. Almost got a good push over the line but ended up last again.

I'll drive more relaxed next round and not push the car too much as this seems to yield a laptime loss for me more often than not. Almost getting my head around driving these things but I guess some practice time would be a little helpful

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 08:24:06 AM »

I'll drive more relaxed next round and not push the car too much as this seems to yield a laptime loss for me more often than not. Almost getting my head around driving these things but I guess some practice time would be a little helpful
I reckon the biggest change with this car is to enter the corner relatively slowly and make sure you can turn in early. With sufficient TC, it's not too hard getting the power down on exit.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 03:15:11 PM »
I noticed in race 2 results I'm down as finishing last Wally, pretty sure there was at least 1 car behind me?

Not worried about it, just interested as to why?  Cheers Dave O.  :)
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 03:47:09 PM »
Definitely weird Dave. ???
If you look at the lap chart, Phil, Jamie and myself finished behind you. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 05:13:04 PM »
I noticed in race 2 results I'm down as finishing last Wally, pretty sure there was at least 1 car behind me?

See how your position is red in the results? If you hover your mouse over that, it shows you got a 10 second penalty for cutting.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 05:14:32 PM »
Got qual pretty good was happy with the lap, Race 1 everything felt good and i was able to manage the pace and build up the gap back to grat :)

Race 2 the 72kg ballast killed the car but made for a interesting race so it did its job, lap 2 through the fast right hander the extra weight caught me out by how much understeer it induced into the car so i gave up the lead to grat by going wide, but i probably wouldnt of been able to keep him behind anyway, i really had to use all the car to keep up with him and by lap 10 i had no tyres and the lead blew out lol and then last lap got caught up with phil didnt even notice he had a go at turn 3 i was too busy trying to keep the car in a straight line lol. Made a big difference to points apparently a lot more than i thought
do you even motorsports?

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »

See how your position is red in the results? If you hover your mouse over that, it shows you got a 10 second penalty for cutting.

Thanks Wally, that explains it, but I don't remember seeing any cut track warnings during race, usually keep an eye on them  :o not to worry  :) Cheers.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2018, 12:36:51 AM »
Made a big difference to points apparently a lot more than i thought
It makes a bigger difference in race 2, because the rest of the pack is closer. So 12 seconds in race 1 is only a  third of the 1st to 10th place gap, but it is half of it, when the front 3 or 4 travel with 60+Kg of ballast. It's a weird effect, but Wally is right to experiment with different options. I would be sad if the ballast became of the unpredictable/uncontrollable type (for these cars, the absolute limit for me would be around 80kg). But as long as it mostly makes it harder to drive and a bit heavier on the tyres, we can still cope with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal