Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursdays next season ideas

Author Topic: Thursdays next season ideas  (Read 148852 times)

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
Re: Thursdays next season ideas
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2018, 09:05:08 AM »
For the third race how about rolling reverse Championship order. First race would see us seeded by the rankings that Wally keeps, and from then on we will have results from each week so the starting order can be published even before the event.
That could work if people make a note of the two drivers below them in the standings, in case one is away. I could add a link to the results, next to the track selection for that week.
And that list can be kept visible, in my case on my 4th monitor, to call out the order on Discord.
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2018, 10:16:36 AM »
For the third race how about rolling reverse Championship order. First race would see us seeded by the rankings that Wally keeps, and from then on we will have results from each week so the starting order can be published even before the event.
That could work if people make a note of the two drivers below them in the standings, in case one is away. I could add a link to the results, next to the track selection for that week.
And that list can be kept visible, in my case on my 4th monitor, to call out the order on Discord.
Perfect. :)
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2018, 10:26:28 AM »
I would like to use the Salzbergring for the first round Seanus 8).

Please note Phil , we can delay until you are ready, I am sure everybody is enjoying the fun runs we are currently running :) :) :) :) :).

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2018, 02:55:15 PM »
Thanks, Telstar and nbn.co are coming to my house on Wednesday to look at what needs fixing, so maybe this week will be last fun run
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2018, 05:13:15 PM »
Sounds like you'll need to fix that 32bit switch as that should never be needed.
You also must use 'Content Manager', not that the mod is incompatible with the standard launcher it's just that 'Content Manager' is so bloody good it deserves the imperative. ;) Especially as the standard launcher is a steaming pile of proverbial. >:(

Double check you folder structure with the download.

You may need to delete the 'Assetto Corsa' folder from within your 'My Documents' folder, but that involves losing all your settings. >:(

I suspect the 32 bit problem is my Windows installation as I also cannot get RF2 to run in 64 bit, but I can get lots of other programs to run in 64 bit so not sure how to fix it, and I don't want to do a new Windows install if I can avoid it.
Did delete the 'Assetto Corsa' folder from within your 'My Documents' folder, but that didnt fix it, but as mentioned in another post it gave my fps a big lift.
Could Steam be the problem?
I guess that is a common thing with AC & RF2, but how do I check that?
All files successfully validated.
I was thinking that you have somehow ended up with a 32-bit Steam install or some setting that is forcing 32-bit versions to be downloaded. A re-install of Steam should be a lot less stressful than a Windows re-install. I admit I am on a 100mb, unlimited internet connection (Phil are you listening!!) so a re-install of even the whole of AC is not a big issue.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2018, 05:50:21 PM »
Steam uninstall/install is no big deal if you have backed ALL you local files for each steam game ( I did it without backing up, and lost 3  years worth of car and track downloads for AC :'( :'( :'(). Worth a try, would be sad to see you miss the next season GW.

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2018, 06:06:40 PM »
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2018, 07:06:33 PM »
Fixed it.
 Wasn't the 32 bit thing but looks like I had too many cars installed (687) in the cars folder, so deleted 46 cars and it now works.
Might have to look at my tracks folder as its got 490 tracks.
Might have to get my head around this content manager thing. Is there a manual/how to for it?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:15:41 PM by gawaterman »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2018, 07:26:01 PM »
Fixed it.
 Wasn't the 32 bit thing but looks like I had too many cars installed (687) in the cars folder, so deleted 46 cars and it now works.
Might have to get my head around this content manager thing. Is there a manual/how to for it?
Great  news :) :) :) .

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2018, 07:56:31 PM »
... Is there a manual/how to for it?
You won't need one, it has tool tips for everything!  ;D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2018, 09:37:06 PM »
Fixed it.
I'd just move them all to another folder and then copy the ones you think are worth using back into the main track and car folders (all KS tracks and cars of course). I did that and haven't found too many tracks I am missing and most of those I needed a new version of anyway.

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2018, 10:22:06 PM »
With CM you get to see all your cars in one giant list where you can disable a car or delete a car.
Did I happen to mention this progamme is fucking good!  ;D ;D ;D   

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2018, 11:18:02 PM »
Fixed it.
I'd just move them all to another folder and then copy the ones you think are worth using back into the main track and car folders (all KS tracks and cars of course). I did that and haven't found too many tracks I am missing and most of those I needed a new version of anyway.

Yep, good idea, I did that with RF2 and found the game loaded much quicker too.
 I have this bad habit of downloading and installing every mod and track that appears on Racefactor , then only trying about 15% of them.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2018, 09:28:48 AM »
Are you after 60s circuits? Zolder67 is good but in Belgium.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/zolder-1967-v-2.18383/

Otherwise or as well - Sachsenring is German and is a good mod and we have raced there before.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sachsenring.4762/
I found Sachsenring just a bit too twisty for these cars Gratulin ,but have yet to try Zolder 67.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal