Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat  (Read 30809 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:19:25 PM »
This is an enduro round - one race of 32 laps. You will need the OSRW PIT MOD installed in the track.

All enduros have 1 compulsory pit stop, where you must change tyres. Refuelling is not allowed.

Weather Forecast (outlook is 22 and mid clear)

Jimmy and Slow As will have 40 kg penalty ballast.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 11:47:33 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
For the enduro's is it worth having fuel stops as well to add a further dimension?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:06:28 AM »
For the enduro's is it worth having fuel stops as well to add a further dimension?
I'm keeping it as per the real life Carrera Cup rules.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 09:49:45 AM »
I've just set up the server from my phone so haven't checked it actually working. Should be okay. I also turned off tyre blankets as requested by grat.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 11:46:20 AM »
Ive put up one of my servers for this combo "Marty's xgn.com.au" using the same temps but with tyre warmers on but setup for short qualy and short race format. If Joes has the long full race setup without tyre warmers with a long practice session it gives people a chance to try both. Setup wise it should be much the same except the car will be good from pit exit or race start and even in the short sessions should be ok to tune a setup then try it on the no tyre warmers server to see the difference.

The server is using the xgn whitelist again as I tried another MR auth method that was still giving join lags so I reverted back to the old method. Any newer members that cant get into my server PM me your GUID and I will add you to the whitelist for the server.

MG

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
Can we use the Moto version please as someone oughta put a bomb under that last chicane.
Yeah....totally agree with that! Please use the MotoGP version with the 2 fast right handers leading onto the main straight! That chicane is like Seanus said, it needs to be bombed 🙂.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 11:58:20 AM »
Can we use the Moto version please as someone oughta put a bomb under that last chicane.
Yeah....totally agree with that! Please use the MotoGP version with the 2 fast right handers leading onto the main straight! That chicane is like Seanus said, it needs to be bombed 🙂.

Yeah but Seanus has that opinion about every single chicane in history which is probably why he was crawling around the one at Paul Ricard  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »
Aristotelis from KS says:

AC tyre wear now is greatly depended on load. That means that full fuel load can change A LOT the way the tyre is consumed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »
More fuel will likely help get tyres to temp early as the temps aren't going to be that warm, the chicane I think is one of the best corners on the track. Those that hate it give up lots of time so become easy pickings down the main straight and into t1.  ;D

Its a corner you simply need some patience, its very slow and so not much point trying to drive it too fast. Go wide on the first part your going to be way out of position in the next part, be patient on entry and hit both apexes for a good exit and gain on the car in front. An error there can easily cost 1 or more seconds before reaching t1 so its a critical part of the lap, more so then any of the faster corners.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2017, 03:42:38 PM »
I'm keeping it as per the real life Carrera Cup rules.

[youtube]VwkHQKkbiKw[/youtube]

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 04:04:07 PM »
Wally said "Carrera' Cup, not "Super" Cup. ;)
(I'm not the only one who doesn't read posts fully)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
Wally said "Carrera' Cup, not "Super" Cup. ;)
(I'm not the only one who doesn't read posts fully)

Ok here you go Carrera Cup France in Spain.  ;)

[youtube]lGIuXFjS6N0[/youtube]

Porsche Supercup is the top level in these cars, carrera cup is generally the lower levels below the FIA top tier supercup. Only bikes raced the moto layout but I think last years motogp had the chicane layout after there was a death on the moto section in a lower class. Not sure if they will race the chicane or not but those sausage kerbs coming off a bike couldn't be too nice to go over with your butt.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »
My reference to real life was in relation to refueling only, not track layouts :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 06:17:48 PM »
If Marty is so enamoured with chicanes perhaps I should make it the 1994 layout where they stuck tyre bundles in to make a chicane. :(

I didn't choose the version and simply linked to show the versions used in the real races there which was the admins reason for this version. I have no issues with chicane, the only way to overcome your issues with it is to take it on not avoid it.  ;)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 06:21:49 PM »
Aristotelis from KS says:

AC tyre wear now is greatly depended on load. That means that full fuel load can change A LOT the way the tyre is consumed.
No problem just thought i would throw if out there. ..

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal