Xtreme Gaming Network

S12R5: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat

Author Topic: S12R5: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat  (Read 16294 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S12R5: Barcelona GP Pre-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 10:21:55 PM »
massive storms here and lost power at start of race 2 after a decent start and running second with an amazing pit strategy :)

Bad luck Phil shame we didnt see that pit strategy, the amazing 2 stopper didnt work for me race 1 what was your amazing plan.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 10:09:08 AM »
 run as long as i possibly could and hopefully be fast and fresh rubber and low fuel at end, i tell myself it was an amazing strategy to make myself feel better
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »
run as long as i possibly could and hopefully be fast and fresh rubber and low fuel at end, i tell myself it was an amazing strategy to make myself feel better
It never really works for me!  I've been running as long as I can until the fuel time is the same as the tyre time (which is about 100l in the Ferrari). You don't want to start too heavy, because it slows you down.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2016, 10:44:36 AM »
i started first race with 140L and went in a lap after marty and matthew and was going to try and do the same without running off track on first lap again :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2016, 11:51:55 AM »

With these temps its the first time tyres were a bit of an issue, spin up the rears a bit and they will blister on the loaded side. Running higher fuel early to have a shorter stop adding as little as possible to finish the race does shorten pit stop time. In race 1 my stop time was considerably less then Matthew except I needed a second stop next lap to fix the damage I got exiting the pits on the first one.

I think I lead for about 1000m all up last nite lol. Race 1 from the pit exit to t2 where the rear wing damage I had no grip. eace 2 with my better start only to lock up into 1. I think I also lead for about 30m on the backstraight of the last lap race 2 but outside so it didnt stick.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal