Xtreme Gaming Network

League season 1 thoughts

Author Topic: League season 1 thoughts  (Read 19744 times)

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: League season 1 thoughts
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
Oh nothing to much in the way skins, more so a team points championship. So we have 22 drivers = 11 teams. Normal championship takes precedence with a team championship running as well. Just to keep some extra interest but it maybe to difficult to do. What ever points you score gets pooled together with your team mate which creates a team championship as well as normal championship. Maybe easier to do such a thing down the track if there is enough interest I guess.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2014, 10:16:31 PM »
Oh nothing to much in the way skins, more so a team points championship. So we have 22 drivers = 11 teams. Normal championship takes precedence with a team championship running as well. Just to keep some extra interest but it maybe to difficult to do. What ever points you score gets pooled together with your team mate which creates a team championship as well as normal championship. Maybe easier to do such a thing down the track if there is enough interest I guess.
Maybe we'll consider that for the future, once we see what extra features the game brings.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 02:12:09 AM »
I think teams of 2 is a great idea. Might provide an opportunity to get together and help each other if you don't just have the better drivers all on each other's team.

Rolz

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 08:58:10 AM »
teams sounds like a cool idea :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 09:34:25 AM »
teams sounds like a cool idea :)

Well, for now, I'll leave it up to you to form teams of two or three. I'll put up a separate post about this.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
Wally, is there any chance you can run a much longer practise, I love the hotlap thing but its not same as getting on with others and practising together.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »
It would be good just to somehow have a practice server where we could all go to do some laps and talk about the meaning of life, etc.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
Wally, is there any chance you can run a much longer practise, I love the hotlap thing but its not same as getting on with others and practising together.
Are you talking about at the start of race night, or the 24x7 server?

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »
24X7 please

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 11:40:29 AM »
24X7 please
If you mean the server that has the booking - the one that runs other than race nights - then that becomes a pain, because you could have a 1 hour practice session, but then you can't join it until the long practice session is over and you can book again. Once they get rid of this painful booking system, I think life will be easier for everyone.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 11:55:44 AM »
Ok that sucks.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »
Yea the booking system is just awful

I just wanted to suggest maybe not for this season but for the future ones to implement a 10 minutes qual(3 laps) at Imola(or any track) and add 5 minutes to the race(25 minutes) in this way we can make the qual more thrilling, and the longer race would give us chances to use stategy  or recover from a mistake  or  spin for example...

eventually I` d love to see a hot lap for qual ,is working very well with other legues in iracing

this is only my opinion,,,

cheers guys

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2014, 12:50:01 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts. It will all adapt as the game matures - e.g. hopefully with pitstops etc. We can certainly try longer races. It's just that some people need to start late to fit in with life and others need to finish early to fit in with the alarm clock.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal