Xtreme Gaming Network

S29R4: Silverstone GP

Author Topic: S29R4: Silverstone GP  (Read 8474 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S29R4: Silverstone GP
« on: August 06, 2019, 11:24:44 PM »
Congratulations to Killagorilla on pole and 2 race wins, Phil for the other race win, and to Killagorilla for winning the round, moving him into 3rd place in the season standings. Big movers on the leaderboard were Killagorilla (+7) and Mael dropping 5 places.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
killagorilla   121
Phil.8   115
Wally   100
AbleArcher83   98
Kcender87   92
Dave O   86
bradc   82
Joe   80
Bacchulum   70
Freezer   62
AGK   58
Seanus   54
Jarmel   50
Rob   42
Mael   34
ab156   28

Fastest Laps
killagorilla   131.976
Phil.8   132.205
Wally   132.634
Bacchulum   133.556
Dave O   133.581
Kcender87   133.965
AbleArcher83   134.353
bradc   134.637
Joe   134.663
Mael   135.693
Jarmel   136.035
Freezer   136.075
AGK   136.084
Seanus   136.825
Rob   137.591
ab156   138.091

Lap 1 Penalties

Race 1
Killa and Bacchulum were racing pretty much side by side (with me further to the right), when Bacchulum moved fractionally towards Killa, resulting in rear side impact which spun Bacchulum. Watching from Killa’s car, he was pretty much going in a straight line when the side-to-side impact occurred, so I’m calling that a racing incident.

Race 2
Killa spun all by himself at T3, causing a few accidents – racing incident.
Mael and DaveO had a side-to-side impact mid-corner when Dave oversteered a bit, resulting in Dave spinning – racing incident.

Race 3
AbleArcher was giving Brad’s car a few love taps in the esses, the last of which unsettled Archer’s car a bit and Kcender hit him and spun. Kcender also didn’t look totally in control, coming off the kerb – because of no clear fault, racing incident.
Mael was too optimistic coming tight into the crowded final chicane, hit the rear corner of Joe and spun him - $1000 penalty.

Season Standings
1. Kcender87, 340
2. Phil.8, 325
3. Killagorilla, 285

3 x 9 laps

Weather will be 18, 20 and 21 degrees.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:14:21 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S29R4: Silverstone GP
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 06:11:26 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 07:38:17 PM »
mans flu at its best...going to bed...cheers!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:14:46 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Killagorilla for winning the round.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 09:01:23 AM »
I had some really good racing last night, with Phil and Bacchulum in their Beemers and Killa in his Citroen, often three wide, always fighting for position. Bacchulum is one of those drivers that I always enjoy battling with.
Race 2 was stuffed, jumping the start and doing a drive through, but then it was good fun working back through the field, until I tried to turn in tight to pass Bacchulum on the inside, took a little kerb, then got into a tankslapper that I nearly held but couldn't.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 09:54:29 AM »
Mael was too optimistic coming tight into the crowded final chicane, hit the rear corner of Joe and spun him - $1000 penalty.

What? So I get a penalty because Joe forgot to take his handbrake off?   ;D

Overall a terrible night, technical trouble made race 1 a no-show. Race 3 the unfortunate chicane incident together with a late alteration with Freezer meant little points as well.

At least race 2 got some decent points from the back of the grid, added bonus was the racing with AGK.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 10:24:21 AM »
My starts were pretty average, but that has made the races more interesting on the other hand.
Bacchulum, when getting myself next to your left on the outside of the track I thought, would be great if I could let you know that I'm there, because you had things going on on the other side as well I assumed. With PTT that wasn't an option...too busy. Going straight close to the edge of the track I find it hard to judge how much space there actually is. I thought it was pretty close so all I could do was going straight and hope you're aware and don't move left. Yeah, that's what happened then...unfortunately.
Sorry about the spin in race 2 blocking off the track. This thing on cold tyres at the start was always tricky.
Yeah, the beemers were some strong competition for me...we had some good close racing.
The Citroen has won the races, not really me...let's see how we go in the Nissan next for the 1st time.

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 11:05:55 AM »
I was trying not to hit Phil on my right, so my line was governed by him.
Nothing I could do about it. :-X

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 11:13:59 AM »
Driving the Nissan I just hoped to be clean and capitalise on others mistakes.  In each of the races I got good starts and grabbed a few spots.  I then pushed on
awaiting KC and Joe who I new were faster, and inevitably they caught me.  I put up a bit of a fight, but they got through.  From there it was a case of keeping solid pace
which I was able to do until the last lap of the last race when with Joe up the inside coming into Copse I was wide and at the last minute Joe jinked slightly left and I reacted
causing me to have a slide.  I trying to quickly recover, unfortunately my team mate Mael came flying through and collected me!  :(  Not much he could do as I was mid track
on the exit of the corner.  Cost us both a few spots!
Other than that I good nights racing.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 05:23:11 PM »
Apologies to Seanus in race 1 , Thought I had left you enough room through that corner but looking at replay I did squeeze in a little to tight , If i had realised that at the time I would of waited for you sorry man.
Race 2 Moses was nowhere to be seen when needed , 2 cars on the middle of the road at the last chicane,  was hoping for a parting of the sea but to no  avail , then for some odd reason I found my self in reverse gear  :o
Then Mael and Freezer ruined a perfectly good race 3 , was on track for a clean sweep of 13th , but no both of them had to go off track  and let me through to take  12th  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 10:10:07 PM »
Then Mael and Freezer ruined a perfectly good race 3 , was on track for a clean sweep of 13th , but no both of them had to go off track  and let me through to take  12th  ;D
Will make sure it doesn't happen again!  ::)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 11:24:27 PM »
What? So I get a penalty because Joe forgot to take his handbrake off?   ;D

Or was I taking the correct slower line to get down maximum power for the next few corners?  ;) Anyway, thanks Mael after that spin race 3 was way more fun than the other two as I actually got to race a bit. That plus your penalty is a win win!

at the last minute Joe jinked slightly left and I reacted causing me to have a slide.

Sorry if that caused it. I definitely intentionally squeezed you to make sure I was getting a better line but didn't mean to make it a sudden movement.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 11:38:06 PM »

at the last minute Joe jinked slightly left and I reacted causing me to have a slide.
Sorry if that caused it. I definitely intentionally squeezed you to make sure I was getting a better line but didn't mean to make it a sudden movement.
No not finger pointing.  We were close, but looking out my left side monitor the distortion makes it look closer, then when you made what was a very small move
I over reacted and got into a slide. 

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2019, 10:46:18 AM »

Just in case you thought I was being serious I wasn't , was an attempt at humour and nothing more .

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2019, 09:49:42 PM »

Just in case you thought I was being serious I wasn't , was an attempt at humour and nothing more .
No . . . totally got that, just being sarcastic!  :) :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal