Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763029 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #555 on: December 22, 2014, 08:53:41 PM »
Duh? Nordschleife?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: December 24, 2014, 10:09:42 PM »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 10:12:36 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #557 on: December 28, 2014, 11:25:42 AM »
3 more days til the DLC and some more content I feel. They gave a large hint regarding the 31st along with the v1 release to expect something.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: December 28, 2014, 04:36:42 PM »
Looks like time transition in MP is coming in 1.1, when the DLC is released.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #559 on: December 29, 2014, 12:57:40 AM »

What does transition mean, sorry its late and I am quite stupid.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: December 29, 2014, 06:48:04 AM »

What does transition mean, sorry its late and I am quite stupid.  ;D

What I mean is the time of day will change, like it does offline.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: December 29, 2014, 11:03:01 PM »
Kunos has tweeted that he is looking for serious and well thought out proposals for a track cutting penalty system. I've pointed him towards the Pit Lane Penalty app.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 29, 2014, 11:51:29 PM »

Kunos has tweeted that he is looking for serious and well thought out proposals for a track cutting penalty system. I've pointed him towards the Pit Lane Penalty app.
Yeah. I think the guy who did that has thought it out pretty well!

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 29, 2014, 11:54:02 PM »
Well done Wally, when you get on staff, we can plan the "Takeover", and get ballast etc. lol

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 30, 2014, 07:13:44 AM »
Well done Wally, when you get on staff, we can plan the "Takeover", and get ballast etc. lol

LOL, I'm not too optimistic about Kunos doing anything like I've implemented.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 30, 2014, 08:12:27 AM »

LOL, I'm not too optimistic about Kunos doing anything like I've implemented.

I think something like your app is far better than the 5 second slow down.  If they could make it so yyour cut lap didn't count in qualifying and during the race it actually DQ'd you for not taking the drive through it would be perfect and pretty much in line with some real racing series.

Of course in a public server tthings will always be abused,  but the 5 sec slow down causes more trouble than its worth.

Oh and when Kunos do hire you,  make sure you get them to take a look at the grip handicapping ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:15:02 AM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 01, 2015, 10:23:38 AM »
the countdown made it seem like we were going to get all christmas in one year lol , being kunos I wasnt expecting much and they havent failed to disappoint :)

https://www.facebook.com/Assetto.Corsa?fref=nf
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:26:46 AM by Krahl »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 01, 2015, 11:00:35 AM »
That's going to be a looooot of cars. I think from a licensing perspective, Lamborghini would have been a big one to pull off, like Ferrari. These license deals are hard to come by for a tiny company like KS, so they can be proud.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 01, 2015, 02:12:27 PM »
Oh and when Kunos do hire you,  make sure you get them to take a look at the grip handicapping ;)

Shouldnt they also make gentrack an official track.  ;D

Back on the grip thing I did experiment a little with this on a server with the stock m3 e30. There was a bunch of good drivers on but werent many real quick ones so I was trying the different tyre compounds. It was at Barbagallo and from memory my times were about 2 seconds apart between the 3 choices. Server had dynamic grip so times arent as important but I think best lap on sei slick 1:08.5 street  1:10.5 and street 90s around 1:12.

With most of the others around the 1:10's running the streets made me very even on pace and even though my brake points were quite a bit off going streets vs semi slicks they were more where the others were braking. Id say telemetry would have been fairly close as it was quite hard to gain and pass guys. Maybe I had to brake a fraction earlier then they were which made it harder.

There is some merit to the idea I think but still weight or power restriction is the more tried and tested method. We can see how that goes once ballast is added then if not good enough Wally can take the grip idea from the inside and run with it.

Oh yea and the Lambo's will be nice, I was kind of hoping the dlc would be out but that sounds like a few weeks away still. What Wally said the other nite regarding league and DLC is a point and maybe not everyone will buy it. Maybe we should setup a poll to see how many would and wouldnt to get an idea. But if you compare to Iracing which has the monthly fee plus content that must be purchased when going to other series and seasons.

I dont think the AC dlc will be that expensive, kunos would have seen thier stuff sells much better on sale. So going higher then what most people paid for the game or close to that point I think not a vry large number of users will buy. But make it say $10 to $15 which is a bargain for what you get and most that still use the game will likely buy it. Giving a much larger total selling 100k+ at $10 vs less then 5k at $25 or somewhere in between.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 01, 2015, 04:47:39 PM »
Let's see how much the DLC costs first. As you say, I expect it should be pretty cheap.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal