Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763641 times)

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #705 on: May 23, 2015, 04:38:41 PM »
Ballast!
Now there's a new idea. ;) 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 24, 2015, 09:46:18 AM »
Ballast!

Yes, Guybrush is onto something here. As I understand it, we can use it to weigh down the faster guys to make it more fun/competitive. Maybe we should discuss this more.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 24, 2015, 10:41:34 AM »
Ballast!

Yes, Guybrush is onto something here. As I understand it, we can use it to weigh down the faster guys to make it more fun/competitive. Maybe we should discuss this more.

No, that's not right.  You provide more weight to the guys towards the back of the field so they have more inertia and mass to hit the other cars out of the way.

Pretty sure that's how it's meant to work.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 24, 2015, 11:32:49 AM »
Ballast!

No, that's not right.  You provide more weight to the guys towards the back of the field so they have more inertia and mass to hit the other cars out of the way.

Pretty sure that's how it's meant to work.

I would rather it work like some kind of death-ray as seen in the Simpsons that obliterates anyone 1 second in front of everyone else.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 24, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »
Is ballast the scheme where you buy and sell kilos each week? Bird, can you explain ballast for us please?

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 24, 2015, 01:48:29 PM »
I was under the impression that Bird hated the idea of the car renting system...

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 25, 2015, 08:01:53 PM »
I was under the impression that Bird hated the idea of the car renting system...

What if we enforce a Lewis Hamilton pit stop?

This week's inside line better be all about it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 04, 2015, 12:17:37 AM »
AC is coming to consoles, interesting new and I guess they will need to add some more polish to be really console ready.

Even more interesting for me is in the trailer this managed to sneak into it.

[youtube]XdejU7orTuk[/youtube]

Rolz

« Reply #713 on: June 04, 2015, 06:56:10 AM »
I have mixed emotions about this development...

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 04, 2015, 07:08:17 AM »
I'm not sure the majority of console users will "get" AC.  The appeal of it is the high fidelity handling and track accuracy.  I think using a control pad this becomes less important and it's more about content,  career,  online and the "game" side of things.

Will be great if it means we get the 2013 F1 car though.  Will also be interesting to see how they handle mods on the consoles.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 04, 2015, 08:22:47 AM »
I don't see that as good news, personally. The already small team is going to be stretched even thinner having to deal with console issues now as well. There's still plenty to improve on the PC side.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 04, 2015, 09:13:22 AM »
Fuck consoles, is all I can say. :)
The are the bane of everything good.  Source of everything evil.  Fucking up a perfectly good gaming scene with watered-up, dumbed-down, shit looking low res crap with horrible controls.  That's all we got from console gaming.  Fuck it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 04, 2015, 10:19:30 AM »
Yea the console news is a bit of a strange one and could be good or bad. I think they will need to do a bit more on the ai and career side which I have no interest in. Also this will likely mean more content will be made and this likely will be for both versions.

Physics wise I cant see them dumbing down this for pc in any way. Even Aris said physics is their main thing selling point so its not going to be dumbed down maybe they could up the grip levels for more arcade feelings.  ;) ;D

The ui will be changed but again this is of little concern to me. I just need it to be functional and to load the game as I want it. For vr guys this will be a good thing as the new ui will be useable for them too.

They will need to hire some more staff but core work will be the same key people. Things need to be inproved a bit to be console ready and these improvements should be good for us too. There is money in those consoles with a large user base so it will likely extend development further then had they not taken this route.

I will never buy a console but overall I think it will be a good thing for us.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 04, 2015, 11:34:54 AM »
The are the bane of everything good.  Source of everything evil.  Fucking up a perfectly good gaming scene with watered-up, dumbed-down, shit looking low res crap with horrible controls.  That's all we got from console gaming.  Fuck it.

LOL. I agree with you, but I love your blunt way of putting it. You should be a politician.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #719 on: June 04, 2015, 11:38:18 AM »

I am not looking forward to the influx of entitlement fed console kids filling the AC forums with garbage...  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal