Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 762987 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #1065 on: April 13, 2016, 09:32:01 AM »
- Improved timing and removed "smoothing" messages on acServer

what on earth is that? :P

There was a lot of noise output in the server logs about smoothing the cars, which is what makes the cars appear to shuffle back and forth a bit. Getting rid of all those log file messages might improve server performance a little.

The timing is some kind of timer used within the server, according to Stefano.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 13, 2016, 11:09:53 AM »
The timing possibly could be what is causing the server surge as some have called it, it could be a simple time sync issue between client and server that could cause this but I am just guessing. I did see in another thread some suggested that the server is using a bit more bandwidth and this could explain why mine started having issues over the weekend. I think at the time there were about 21 in the Barca Moto server and a few guys in the xgn practice server, maybe some in other servers too and possibly at 20hz this was over stressing the server. Dropping it to 15 hz and even though I havent seen 30 or so on the servers at once since I also havent noticed any server berps where all pings have spiked up, I suspect when the Minorating local auth cache does its update it could cause a server spike if a user is trying to join at the exact same time. This updates only every 15 minutes and its unlikely to get a joiner at this exact time unless a server is close to full with lots of people joining as this uses the local auth to verify MR ratings.

Rolz

« Reply #1067 on: April 13, 2016, 11:36:31 AM »
someone's blended a greenscreen and VR footage together... looks very cool

http://www.roadtovr.com/this-assetto-corsa-mixed-reality-video-shows-vr-racings-potential/

;D

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 13, 2016, 11:40:44 AM »
Guys, something you might want to try.   (and I'm happy to host the server, not a problem)
For the race night, let's start the server up previous night, but only the instance - let it simmer.  I assume you guys are using t2 instances.  These gather up burstable resources as long as they aren't used.  They start off from a very low point. 

Early on the servers aren't too happy to perform well, but once the resources are close to maximum (takes about a day for a t2.medium IIRC) they perform extremely well - due to bursting.   And on the T2 instances both the disk & the cpu are burstable (some say even the network is - I'm not sure about that).   

If you're using something else (eg c4 or m3/4) the resources are supposedly instantly available, but it's still worth to 'warm up' the instance  - although the practice period might be enough.

btw in my testing, the t2 instances have outperformed the equivalently-priced c4 & m4 instances, after the initial wait.
Disclaimer: this was for web-based usage, so it may not be conclusive for AC server use, even though I've put significant load on them for testing, so it wasn't just sporadic visits. 

But all in all, a t2.large should give us about what a c4.xlarge can do - and that's a lot.

Again, I'm happy to put the server up, we still have spare resources ;)

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 14, 2016, 12:26:44 PM »
Another 187Mb update today...Can't seem to find any release notes yet.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 14, 2016, 01:44:42 PM »
Another 187Mb update today...Can't seem to find any release notes yet.
Are you sure it's a different one? yesterday's update was of the same dimension, I think.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 14, 2016, 01:49:24 PM »
It did do an update for me as well. Could be a Steam hiccup?

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 14, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »
Yeah, I got one yesterday as well....Maybe a Steam glitch...can't find any reference to it on the forum.... :)
Also none of my files have been modified today..

Rolz

« Reply #1073 on: April 14, 2016, 02:08:16 PM »
we all know steam has never stuffed things up before :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: May 17, 2016, 08:15:16 AM »
http://imgur.com/a/tNLGx

Mazda MX5 teasers.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: May 18, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »
- Oculus Rift SDK 1.3 (WIP Pre Alpha)
- Fixed self shadowing on tyres
- Fixed wrong log output
- Dynamic controllers for turbo boost
- Added RPMS input to dynamic controllers
- Implementation of Scalable Apps
- Fixed replay Interface
- Fixed setup info screen
- Added filtered speed
- Fixed race non progression when player is not moving
- Improved MP collision system
- Improved AI fuel handling
- Shared Memory: return type from bool to int
- Fixed Hotlap Mode unlocking achievement through not valid laps
- Fixed deltaT for renderAudio
- Bodywork and horn volumes uses engineVolume
- Bodywork's smoothvalue use a different alpha
- Added analogic placeholder for car modellers
- Added option to draw driver's label on focused car (system\cfg\name_displayer.ini -> DRAW_FOCUSEDCAR)
- Fixed CameraCar bad nearplane when forcing camera mode change (see exiting from replay)
- Implementation of Chat App (system\cfg\chat_app.ini)
- SharedMemory: Moved AirTemp/RoadTemp from Static to Physics, old values in static are deprecated
- Timing use also the hour/minutes format
- Fixed GoToPits Cheat to start from the pits.
- Added 4 Wheel Steer systems (Nissan Skyline , Mazda RX7)
- acServerManager : storing Driver data also save the current model/skin, so through drag&drop the saved skin can be used on a new slot)
- Added flags indications for completed session in leaderboards
- F9 overlay leaderboard is now avoiding red colours for better differentiation of opponent proximity indicators
- Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons
- Engine performance is now dependent on air density/temperature
- New AWD transmission code, still WIP (Nissan Skyline & Alfa 155)
- Fixed pitstop window not appearing when AI retired some car
- Experimental heating corrections on semislick tyres for Lotus 2-11, Exige Scura, Exige 240 and S3, Lotus Elise SC, KTM X-Bow, Mazda MX5 ND, Toyota AE86 Tuned and Drift
- BOP for GT3 cars
- Improved Mercedes AMG GT3 data

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 19, 2016, 01:10:52 AM »
- Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons

Rolz

« Reply #1077 on: May 19, 2016, 05:50:19 AM »
be interesting to get more info on the sim value

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 19, 2016, 09:05:43 AM »
Ha ha Marty!!
 ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: May 19, 2016, 09:25:07 AM »
Do you still have to add skins folder with the skins names to the server for skins to work ? or do just need the data.acd thingy ?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal