Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763255 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #150 on: July 26, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »
A season in these has to be on the cards..

Not sure about a season but some fun races on non league nights would be a blast with a big field. Here is a little race on my server with Guybrush and some others that joined in.

[youtube]AYDKh_iOqZ8&list[/youtube]

There has been an update in the Robin and now it can flip very easily, was a little less grip here but more grip at magione and it was hard to do 1 lap.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 27, 2014, 06:48:17 AM »
A season in these has to be on the cards..

Not sure about a season but some fun races on non league nights would be a blast with a big field. Here is a little race on my server with Guybrush and some others that joined in.

[youtube]AYDKh_iOqZ8&list[/youtube]

There has been an update in the Robin and now it can flip very easily, was a little less grip here but more grip at magione and it was hard to do 1 lap.

sign me up! I was spewing I was out when you guys where racing. These things are a laugh to race.

Yeah a season would be too long. A handful of 3 lap races would be good. Once your 2-3 car lengths behind there is not much you can do except wait for someone to make a mistake.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 27, 2014, 07:02:45 AM »
here is a clip of the 0.2 reliant's tackling the 1st chicane at Monza

[youtube]Atrll2yr8Ds[/youtube]

and the link for the 0.2 Robin Reliant.
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/reliant-robin-mk-1.2795/

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 27, 2014, 09:08:13 AM »
That clip is hilarious Dick

I think we have found the ultimate car for Old Monza.  Actually with a large field it probably wouldn't be that bad as there would be a lot of side by side action with plenty of bumping.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 27, 2014, 09:25:17 AM »
They would be far more exciting with around 700 odd HP  :-X

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 27, 2014, 09:42:14 AM »
They would be far more exciting with around 700 odd HP  :-X

Talk about wheel stands!

I think we have found the ultimate car for Old Monza.  Actually with a large field it probably wouldn't be that bad as there would be a lot of side by side action with plenty of bumping.

Could be a bit long. Vallelunga club track is nice and short. more chances of mistakes.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 29, 2014, 08:06:54 AM »
Anyone up for the most insane street track in the world, I think its about to be released though wont be on official forums being a race07 conversion.

Macau race track, a lap of me chasing down an ai I made. Unfortunatly you cant race more then 1 really as the track ai boundaries are no good so side by side they just die here atm. Surprised I could get 1 to drive a pace I need to go quite hard to keep up with it at 100%.

[youtube]Zbh2z0YCN5M[/youtube]

The amazing thing is they race superbikes around this place, also f3, gt and wtcc. Check the insanity in this video.

[youtube]G3Rb3z_y6W8[/youtube]

I am asking if I can put a link here as Im not sure where he will be releasing it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 29, 2014, 08:14:37 AM »
I like Macau. Great fun. We've had netkar races there. Don't post a link here though. People can find it themselves if they want to, or ask someone they know.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 29, 2014, 08:15:26 AM »
just make sure you let me know, I love Macau! ;D ;D
It's the only reason I bought race07 :(

2+2=√16

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 29, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »
Looks awesome.
The most insane though? There are other contenders for that title.
[youtube]9VI5GoacJv8[/youtube]

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 29, 2014, 08:26:47 AM »
I hate macau with a passion :)  But it's a properly insane track, I fully agree.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #161 on: July 29, 2014, 10:13:34 AM »
Their trust in their mechanics and mechanical things, warms my heart and makes my head spin!  :o

ps I don't know how they react in time at those speeds.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 29, 2014, 12:25:43 PM »
Looks awesome.
The most insane though? There are other contenders for that title.
[youtube]9VI5GoacJv8[/youtube]

The IOM I wouldnt class as a street track, I dont know what youd class it as really. Its more a rally circuit that is too fast to be in the WRC ridden by guys with big balls on very fast bikes. Surprisingly its the same guys riding here that also ride the Macau GP as both are insanity on a bike. IOM has more run off if you go between buildings or arohnd the back of the track but as it 250kmh+ most of the way its no better then hitting a armco barrier at 100 to 300kmh.

Street tracks I think are the more traditional city circuits with walls all the way around. Still not sure if there is any way to pass in Macua outside of the 3 long straights. Maybe a very slow car can be passed but anyone at a decent pace theres no chance without it ending in tears.

Even the more open sections arent exactly easy to pass at, this corner t2 is very similar to copse at silverstone and passing here is not going to be easy. Except here if you are forced wide by someone they have a choice of hitting you first or the wall first.

[youtube]s0Rz2bQ2MNE[/youtube]

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 29, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »
IOM is the traditional city street circuit, it just goes through 3 'cities'.
(and the roads between, and a long country mountain road)

And I wouldn't really say it has runoffs.
Connor Cummings 'ran off' a couple of years back, which involved bouncing off a rock wall and tumbling half a click into the field beyond. :o

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 29, 2014, 04:59:03 PM »
Yea runoff as in not going to hit the wall 100% every time you go off, more like a mystery flight coming off at near top speed you may hit a cow, person, post, tree, wall or just soft ground. Most likely not the last option and at those speeds even water is quite hard, I saw GT is making IOM TT track I think but id very much doubt Kunos will do this. Also after Nords I think they will scan some smaller tracks even though they are already doing Spa modern and historic which arent exactly short tracks.

Im really loving the AC physics and driving this macau track confirms it even more for me, I can place the car so well that I can avoid wall contact fairly easily. In race07 the physics werent as good and I never felt as in control of the car, if anyone does want the track and cant find it maybe a pm to me may be of assistance.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal