Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763344 times)

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #195 on: August 30, 2014, 11:31:55 AM »
Was just doing a few 'races' on some french sacré bleu server with Guybrush. some serious pings. didn't see any warping.
 Maybe a little bit of jittering. Lots of people crashing and wrecking.. was good fun. It's easy to see why good racers could get frustrated. But join a league. there seems to be 100s. Of cause they aren't as awesome as XGN and Wally's..

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 30, 2014, 12:02:33 PM »
No Spa I have just thrown all my toys from the pram even all the care bears and prized hello kitty merchandize. Will give the SLS a go and jump on TS see if anyone is up for some racing once I have given the update a bit of a run to see if SLI issues are still there or not. I did see some mention in the forums re kerbs of death being fixed but also surprisingly the ride heights have been altered and so most likely none of Guy's subterranean setups would work any more.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2014, 12:41:16 PM »
Yep, netcode seems to be much better.  No warping and less jittering from high pingers that I could see, other than when crashing.

Will be interesting to see if the setups need to be changed much.  I tested my FA - Mugello setup which is probably the most "touchy" on the floor and there seemed to be less bottoming out than usual.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2014, 02:13:21 PM »
Yep, netcode seems to be much better.  No warping and less jittering from high pingers that I could see, other than when crashing.

Will be interesting to see if the setups need to be changed much.  I tested my FA - Mugello setup which is probably the most "touchy" on the floor and there seemed to be less bottoming out than usual.
Hey GB, I saw your comment: "Netcode is heaps better once the server admin put in the right settings." What setting was wrong? Is it anything I should know about?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2014, 03:55:30 PM »
It was just the flow control Wally, it still turns cars into helicopters on acid if it's on and more than a few people join the server.

The same thing happened in Marty's server just before.  Switched it off and all was well again.

Rolz

« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »
Is it just me or is anyone else having issues with OV1 display?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2014, 04:48:18 PM »
There's stuff on the AC forums about downloading a new third party sim_info.py file and putting it into the app's thirdparty folder.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2014, 05:54:08 PM »

I don't think too many 3rd party apps are working atm. They look like they work but on closer inspection...

They can also cause your game to hang atm

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »
Yep, mines not working too.
Edit:Just downloaded latest version and that seems to work.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 07:00:24 PM by gawaterman »

Offline Grubbet

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2014, 06:33:18 PM »

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 31, 2014, 07:13:08 AM »
- Assetto Corsa does not crash on missing files and errors (enabled mods with errors again)
- Correction on alignment values on Mercedes SLS AMG setup screen
- Corrected Monza ideal line

- Race Rules are checked each time the user presses the button
- Fuel changes trigger Race Rules checking
- Slightly modified P4/5 Competizione default ride height

- Fixed Nurb. Sprint track map

- SHARED MEMORY LAYOUT IS CHANGED!!! UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE
- Default setup for GT3/GT2 cars are now a bit higher to avoid invalid setup. By rules, such cars must not go under 60mm ride height.

- Tune default Post Processing effect (fixes dark screen on default Post Processing settings)

- Small fixes on graphics init

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 02, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
- Pause on/off is now in sync with physics thread

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 02, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »
After running the new build over the weekend a bit, netcode seems better seeing as I was able to host 24 cars without issues on the t1 micro server. Tried it with flow control on and it chit itself with about 12 people or so then went back to the 10hz flow control off. This ran fine for quite a few hours with a mostly full server, tried to up it to 15hz where cars motion was smoother but again got flying cars mid way through a race with maybe 16 cars on track.

Some people still complaining about kerbs but I had no issues at mugello or nurburg sprint in gt cars or tatuus. The SLS is quite fun just unfortunatly it doesnt match up too well with any other car so can only be raced on its own.

Saw there have just been more recent updates to address frame stutter which Mopz was having some issues with yesterday.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 02, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
RSR timing app is fixed.
And 22.8 has apparently fixed some stuttering issues.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 02, 2014, 11:50:24 AM »
Was still getting stuttering issues on my own online last night on 22.7... still getting used to the new tyres and in the Z4 GT2 I was thrown off a curb so that's definitely not fixed yet,. will give 10Hz on my server a go and see how many people can be hosted on a t2 micro running 2003 server.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal