Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763268 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #495 on: October 22, 2014, 08:15:53 AM »
Sounds promising. The sounds definitely still need work.

This AC thread is interesting with a workaround if you find that some replay cams are too much at car roof height:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/replay-camera-small-issue.16528/
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 22, 2014, 09:26:19 AM »
Don't you just love how quickly Kunos fix the bugs and release updates.

If it were EA we'd be waiting until next years slightly modified version with an updated title name.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #497 on: October 22, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »
Certainly is an impressive turn around.

With the updates the Thursday servers will be off line until to night.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2014, 09:52:51 AM »

.... NOOOOooooooo

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 22, 2014, 10:21:56 AM »

.... NOOOOooooooo

Dick are my servers still up? Not sure but I will update them later when I get home anyway but left them up.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 22, 2014, 01:51:47 PM »

.... NOOOOooooooo

Dick are my servers still up? Not sure but I will update them later when I get home anyway but left them up.

Sorry mate, i've been trying to make $3 worth of pine look like $40 worth of maple. If you blur your eyes at 20 meters away I've nailed it.

Offline Schmittez

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 30, 2014, 01:48:56 AM »
this was just posted on the AC Facebook page

"The best is yet to come. You are supporting us so much, we'll continue to surprise you. A bright future is waiting for our great fans. Assetto Corsa welcomes the official Ford Motor Company License!"

Hopefully that means we will get the Ford GT GT3 car and with the GTR GT3 car to come as well there will be a nice assortment of GT3 cars to play with.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 30, 2014, 08:11:17 AM »
Would this also cover the Ford V8 Supercar or is that a separate license deal?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 30, 2014, 08:43:43 AM »

Only people that would know this are Kunos, all I know is of the licenses they have so far only lotus is a brand wide one where they can do any car. All others have been car specific and this would be more common. Having the license always makes it more likely to get any car in the range if they come to terms, in V8SC the only brand they dont have is Volvo. Woth deals already struck with Nissan, Chevrolet and now Ford.

Id be surprised if they got a deal for all other v8sc if Volvo would say no, surely they want more brand awareness and I cant think of any other Volvo id like in a sim. Could do with some old POS to race other POS.

Still in terms of V8SC they would also likely need a deal with them but still somehow there have been single f1 cars released officialy whike codies have had an exclusive deal. So maybe even without the official championship support they can release cars if licensed by the manufacturers.

Seeing I racing has the ford and holden and v8sc have appeared in a few other games over the years if they wanted to them ut likely wouldnt be impossible. Theyd need a holiday in OZ to get in a few tracks but surely a full v8sc and some tracks DLC would be quite popular. But would it be enough to make a profit fir them or grow the base game enough is the big question.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 30, 2014, 09:04:05 AM »

Only people that would know this are Kunos, all I know is of the licenses they have so far only lotus is a brand wide one where they can do any car. All others have been car specific and this would be more common. Having the license always makes it more likely to get any car in the range if they come to terms, in V8SC the only brand they dont have is Volvo. Woth deals already struck with Nissan, Chevrolet and now Ford.

Id be surprised if they got a deal for all other v8sc if Volvo would say no, surely they want more brand awareness and I cant think of any other Volvo id like in a sim. Could do with some old POS to race other POS.

Still in terms of V8SC they would also likely need a deal with them but still somehow there have been single f1 cars released officialy whike codies have had an exclusive deal. So maybe even without the official championship support they can release cars if licensed by the manufacturers.

Seeing I racing has the ford and holden and v8sc have appeared in a few other games over the years if they wanted to them ut likely wouldnt be impossible. Theyd need a holiday in OZ to get in a few tracks but surely a full v8sc and some tracks DLC would be quite popular. But would it be enough to make a profit fir them or grow the base game enough is the big question.

unless V8's are tied in another company like Sony or EA sports... are they still around?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 30, 2014, 09:09:16 AM »
There hasnt ever been any specific game for v8sc, were a couple in the past and codies race driver had a full series and track list one version. It doesnt seem anyone has locked them in as Porsche and EA have, funnily enough I think that hurts the Porsche brand more then anything. I think most brands want to be represented in sims as its great advertising especially in one like ac that tries hard to replicate the cars as well as possible.

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 30, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
There hasnt ever been any specific game for v8sc, were a couple in the past and codies race driver had a full series and track list one version. It doesnt seem anyone has locked them in as Porsche and EA have, funnily enough I think that hurts the Porsche brand more then anything. I think most brands want to be represented in sims as its great advertising especially in one like ac that tries hard to replicate the cars as well as possible.

I'm sure Ive seen a V8 supercar game for playstation... dont make me google..

Yep. playstation have released 3 versions of V8 supercars.
https://www.google.com.au/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=iWdRVIycLMqN8Qeb0YGoBA&gws_rd=ssl#q=v8+supercars+playstation+3&safe=off&tbm=shop
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 09:20:19 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 30, 2014, 09:22:47 AM »
Iracing have just released the holden and have had an old ford in the game for a while
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 30, 2014, 09:53:27 AM »
Fuck gt3 fuck the v8's,  Do a proper GT40! 

Am I right, or what, Bruce? :D

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 30, 2014, 10:40:40 AM »

Fuck gt3 fuck the v8's,  Do a proper GT40! 

Am I right, or what, Bruce? :D
Is that some sort of F40?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal