Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chat  (Read 19139 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chat
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:02:24 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Penalties
The marshalls were kept busy this round!
Race 1
Bacchulum ran into the rear of Wally (ballast penalty).
Freezer clipped the rear corner of Phil and sent him off track. Because Phil was squarely on the racing line and Freezer was rejoining the line after going over a kerb, Freezer gets a ballast penalty.
RussG banged into Phil’s side twice, the second time enough to send Phil off the track (ballast penalty).
JamieP ran up the inside of Rob and didn’t really make the turn, spinning Rob (penalty ballast).

Race 2
Bacchulum ran into the back of Freezer under brakes (ballast penalty). This set up a chain reaction of cars being squeezed off the track to avoid the stationary spun cars.

There was a lot of slow congestion in one of the slow corners, with a bit of three-side side-to-side contact, where Bacchulum came off. It looks like everyone was being careful trying to negotiate the corner, so that’s a racing incident.

Round Points
buellersdayoff   99
Mael   94
GymHippo   90
Joe   83
Freezer   80
ab156   78
Seanus   78
Matthew111   77
Jeremy   74
Phil.8   67
Shayne   67
Wally   67
Dr.Dinkum   58
diehard   55
RussG   54
Bacchulum   51
bradc   51
Doobs   44
killagorilla   44
JamieP   38
AJ   36
Rob   35
Dave O   33
DC   0

Congratulations to Mael and buellersdayoff on the race wins, and buellersdayoff for pole and also the two fastest lap times, giving him the round win.

Season Podium
1. Phil.8, 329
2. Kcender87, 327
3. Matthew111 and Joe, 319

Teams Podium
1. Krahl Racing, 647
2. Struggle Street Racing Crew, 631
3. Maki Engineering, 605
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 10:56:03 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 10:06:38 PM »
Race 1
Sorry Wally, I simply got distracted by the car on the outside, when he gave it a squirt so did I but you were there.
My bad. :(

Race 2
Sorry Freezer, I was 4-wide, on the inside behind you but (being on the inside) I totally missed my brake marker and simply locked up into you.

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 10:10:25 PM »
Enjoyed that and did a lot better than I thought I would with the 87% restrictor.

Race 1 got a pretty good start, slight touch with someone of the second apex of the double apex at the bottom of the hill. Think I got past GymnasticHippo at one stage but he got the place back. I was on his tail as he seemed to be struggling more with tyres but I couldn't make a pass and finished 4th (I think)

Race 2 started 3rd and had a few people take me off the line, then went wide onto the sand a little on the double apex and lost several positions due to that but at the next corner there was a spin; think somebody hit Freezer and I managed to get around the outside and into 4th. Seanus gave a good chase and we had some good side by side battles for a bit but he eventually got me down the back straight as did AB. After that I stayed fairly close to AB with Freezer slowly catching me but managed to keep it clean and finish 6th.

Good results but probably not going to help me in the restrictor department for next week  :o

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:10:32 PM »
Awesome racing guys, got a slight bump on the double apex T2/3 which damaged my aero just enough to a PITA; managed to hold onto a solid third. What was weird was that PTracker kept showing me as leading with Mael second yet i could clearly see him a few seconds ahead... weird  ???

Started 4th on race 2. got the jump and was looking to slot comfortable into 2nd with room to spare before the double apex and i miss 3rd just as i'm about to split the middle  ::)  Luckily didn't blow the box. Watched Mael slowly pull away lap on lap and i was trying to conserve rubber a little too. Started focusing on managing the gap from Seanus who was gaining good ground mid-race. Managed to keep him to 2sec and then extend that out after switching over to "I don't give a @#$% about the tyres anymore" mode haha. managed a solid 3rd again.

Not sure who mentioned at the end about hating this track on a single monitor... i'm running a single monitor but I found an App that at least helps out a little bit - especially for us single screen users. It's called Real Head Motion and enables you to set a specified 'look into the corner' including a buffer based on wheel input. It's made a huge improvement as i know the reality of me switching out to 3 screens in sweet FA.
link the app http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-1-0-2.4755/

Hope it helps :)

Thanks for a solid night racing lads

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:16:07 PM »
Race 2
Sorry Freezer, I was 4-wide, on the inside behind you but (being on the inside) I totally missed my brake marker and simply locked up into you.
All good Bacchulum.  Thankfully I kept it going and only lost a couple of spots.. :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:26:08 PM »
Its frustrating been blown away down the straights and off the start, even by cars with just a few more restrictor , qualifying is ok as I can corner without been held up, but the starts are an instant 5 places lost then its just backwards from there as I get passed on every straight, hoping for short twisty track soon  8)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S18R5: Vallelunga Post-Race Chatl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »
Race 1: Totally buggered up the start and was 2nd  last and then after dodging some pretty average punts down the back of the field I managed to get into the teens before I myself was punted off at the last corner and was dead last - a totally avoidable situation where all the following car had to do was lift instead of doing a MrPlow impersonation. I know we've had a mid season break but it's bloody frustrating when you see people who can't seem to race without hitting the car in front of them. Yes people are running restrictors which means some are faster in the corners and others faster down the straights and it dissapointing that some people can't drive to the people around them and/or show respect to their fellow competitor.

Race 2: Got caught up in someone else's spin in the middle of the lap and was dead last all over again. I took to the grass to avoid the spin and was tagged by a spinning car, nothing more than a racing incident and as frustrating as it was, just had to suck it up. I then raced as hard as I could and I managed to catch killagrilla however I was unable to take adavange of his errors and put on enough of a clean pass to make it stick, meaning I had a few attempts but had to yield each time to avoid contact. Whilst my best chance was on the last lap on the exit of the long front straight I just couldn't get it done and kudos to him.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2017, 10:56:24 PM »
Results in first post.

Congratulations to Phil on still being Mr. 100%  :-X
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 11:53:42 PM »
RussG banged into Phil’s side twice, the second time enough to send Phil off the track (ballast penalty).

Could someone upload Race 1 replay? AC is so brain dead at saving replays that I have Race 2 and 19 other older replays saved. AC has a limit of saving 20 race replays, but when you hit the limit it deletes the MOST RECENT replay. Well thought out ...
I remember bumping Phil once on the last lap I think. I'd just like to see the footage.

Thanks
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »
Race 1 didn't get off to a good start when I was turned around and left facing oncoming traffic. That left me as good as last, but I pulled off a few inside passes and mostly made ground by dodging other people's mistakes. It ended up being a good race with AJ, Dr. Dinkum and Brad.

Race 2 was all about being chased by Phil (with some good moments changing positions with DC). Of course he'd catch up in the slower sections, keeping the pressure up, but I'd pull away in the straights. I knew I couldn't make a mistake.

The car was starting to feel pretty understeery by the end of the race.

When you watch a bit of the replay, the racing really is very good. Lots of tight packs, side by side moves, a bit of rubbing. Sometimes it comes unstuck, but when you watch so many cars, mostly the racing is really good quality.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 10:42:52 AM »
Two solid races. In race one got handed a substantial lead during the opening first few corners. A easy win was on the cards if I managed to keep it clean.

Race two was a race long effort to put pressure on Buellers, it would have required a mistake from him to give me a chance to overtake. In total he ran slightly wide twice, touched a sausage curb once but no mistake big enough to even give me a chance to get close. Well driven!

Together with Freezer's solid results Team Maki Engineering championship bid is still alive, sadly Freezer may feel a bit overweight next week  :(

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 11:08:36 AM »
Results in first post.

Congratulations to Phil on still being Mr. 100%  :-X

Yay its a badge of honor,  although I suspect by the last race of the season I will not be able to keep the lead losing 10 or more points a around
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:11:44 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »
Im just surprised mael lasted not 1, but 2 races without crashing.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 11:55:48 AM »
Im just surprised mael lasted not 1, but 2 races without crashing.

You and me both Joe. But luckily everybody gave me a wide berth, must be scared or something? At least the next race has some good tight corners made for rubbing doors  ;)

Yay its a badge of honor,  although I suspect by the last race of the season I will not be able to keep the lead losing 10 or more points a around

Problem is once anybody gets close to you on the points table they will also have close to 100% restrictor. And keeping up with you on equal footing is near impossible  :P

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 02:04:12 PM »

Could someone upload Race 1 replay? AC is so brain dead at saving replays that I have Race 2 and 19 other older replays saved. AC has a limit of saving 20 race replays, but when you hit the limit it deletes the MOST RECENT replay. Well thought out ...
I remember bumping Phil once on the last lap I think. I'd just like to see the footage.

Thanks
I second that request for a replay or R1 if anyone has it!  Stewards have come down hard so need to review it!  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal