Xtreme Gaming Network

S28R6: Monza '66 (full course)

Author Topic: S28R6: Monza '66 (full course)  (Read 10066 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S28R6: Monza '66 (full course)
« on: June 04, 2019, 11:02:03 PM »
Congratulations to Guybrush on pole and the 3 race wins, giving him the lead in the season standings. The fastest laps were all set by Bacchulum, and coming second in the round sees him move up into second place in the standings. Killagorilla jumped 4 places up in the standings this round, while Bird dropped down 3.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Guybrush Threepwood   123
Bacchulum   112
Freezer   102
killagorilla   100
AGK   96
Phil.8   76
Seanus   76
Wally   76
AbleArcher83   68
buellersdayoff   56
Greggy68   56
RussG   50
Mael   46
Rob   46
Bird   36
Joe   26
rooshooter   14
Jarmel   14

Lap 1 Penalties

The race starts were very clean, with very few contacts at all.

Race 2
Russ ran into the back of me at Parabolica, knocking me into Seanus and off the track – 30 kg penalty.

Bird went too high on the banking and clipped the barrier, spinning him wildly and causing a big pile up – racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Guybrush Threepwood, 535
2. Bacchulum, 496
3. Phil.8, 486

Time to fly around the banked oval!

3 x 9 laps

Weather is hot - 27, 30 and 31 degrees.

This track only has 25 pit boxes, and we have 27 sign ups. So I'm going to drop off Gratulin and Grat off the grid for this round.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 11:04:25 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
Re: S28R6: Monza '66 (full course)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 11:23:38 AM »
Damn that bump on the first banked section throws my Lotus into a spin.  :o
Need to tune the suspension for just that one section of track.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 11:52:28 AM »
Certainly won't need as many practice laps as last week and hot lapping here is a bit boring, but think with slipstreams the race could be fun.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 12:53:23 PM »
Hey guys!!  i am sorry last week i left the race after 2 laps(usually i leave after one race) but 5 min to the start my daughter arrived home with his farking boyfriend for dinner,,,so...ye
...and tonight...tonight i cant be there harassing cause i have been very busy again in the last week but i will be there next race    sorry guys and have fun!!!!

Simone             with HER boyfriend        ......HIS and HER  always confused me......fark englisj!!   hehehehehee
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:14:14 PM by Simone »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 01:11:43 PM »
Hey guys!!  i am sorry last week i left the race after 2 laps(usually i leave after one race) but 5 min to the start my daughter arrived home with his farking boyfriend for dinner,,,so...ye
...and tonight...tonight i cant be there harassing cause i have been very busy again in the last week but i will be there next race    sorry guys and have fun!!!!

Simone

We'll miss you for those few minutes before you rage quit  ;D

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 05:25:02 PM »
I'm afraid I am going to miss this round, sorry.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 06:11:22 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 09:27:19 PM »
Highest order of apologies to everyone - I've managed to touch the bloody barrier of course, and it has/had a really bad part...that got me spinning, and after that I was a passenger.
Something is not right with these cars in this department; they like to just spin up and keep spinning madly - and of course there's nothing you can do.

First race was great, though.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 09:39:42 PM »
Highest order of apologies to everyone - I've managed to touch the bloody barrier of course, and it has/had a really bad part...that got me spinning, and after that I was a passenger.
Something is not right with these cars in this department; they like to just spin up and keep spinning madly - and of course there's nothing you can do.

First race was great, though.

Not coming back for race 3?

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »
Apologies for whoever I took out in race 3. Was a bit disorientated after connecting the pit wall entry barrier and did not realize I was still on the race track and not within the pit lane. Too many 360's  :-[

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 10:36:33 PM »
Wally, I ran into Joe during qualifying and feel I deserve a penalty for next race.

Great racing Bacchulum. Neck and neck the whole way. 

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 10:52:58 PM »
I just watched race 2 GB, I think there was a lap that it wasn't. ;)
The other 8 were insane. ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 11:05:25 PM »
Results are up.

Wally, I ran into Joe during qualifying and feel I deserve a penalty for next race.
That would set a dangerous precedent! Application for penalty denied.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 12:26:51 AM »
Apologies for whoever I took out in race 3. Was a bit disorientated after connecting the pit wall entry barrier and did not realize I was still on the race track and not within the pit lane. Too many 360's  :-[

That was me unfortunately.

Race 1 was great fun. Race 2 hit a spinning bird and got 900 sec penalty in the pits so waited for the next race but hit a spinning Mael on lap 2 again wrecking completely. Just not my night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2019, 07:42:03 AM »
Race 1, I clipped the barrier on the opening lap and spun, but could keep going with no damage. But then had fun racing with Rob and Able.
Race 2 was a disaster. I got tapped off at parabolica, then got aught in Bird's crash, with heavy steering damage. I thought I might be able to keep driving, but it was too wobbly in the corners, so I pitted for repairs. Then, on my outlap from the stop, I was letting a lapping car past by staying low on the banking, but they drifted down into me and spun me again. Not a great race, but strangely I had the most consistent lap times.
Race 3 was excellent - great drafting, swapping with AbleArcher many times, with Phil and Seanus nearby. A lot of fun. Later in the race, Seanus and Able were able to draft past me, but then had a coming together which I could see coming and avoided, gifting me 2 places. I finished 5th, which was my best result so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal