Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat  (Read 30806 times)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2017, 08:58:42 PM »
top album
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2017, 09:07:19 PM »
Wally: my brake pedal is spiking in all sorts of ways (on when off and off when on). After some contact cleaning and so on, it seemed to only need a deadzone, but I can see that any now and then it is off when I am pressing quite hard, actually.

I am probably dangerous for racing and I am ordering new pedals. I'll monitor the situation and tell you on Tuesday itself if I can be in this week.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2017, 11:26:25 PM »
You are random Simone. ;)

Don't you love it

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2017, 08:08:53 AM »
Wally: my brake pedal is spiking in all sorts of ways (on when off and off when on). After some contact cleaning and so on, it seemed to only need a deadzone, but I can see that any now and then it is off when I am pressing quite hard, actually.

I am probably dangerous for racing and I am ordering new pedals. I'll monitor the situation and tell you on Tuesday itself if I can be in this week.
That's annoying. Good luck getting them fixed. If you can't make it, maybe I should ask Marty to drive your car for the team and give us a decent points haul ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2017, 12:06:16 PM »
Unfortunately I confirm that the brake pedal is completely gone---some signal any now and then, but fundamentally random. So I am off for this week's race.

I have ordered new pedals and should be here by the end of the week. So hopefully I am back for next race. If there is space, please leave my car in: I might join to spectate.

Feel free to give the team seat to Marty or whoever you deem fit, of course.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »
Alright, you'll certainly still have a grid spot. Try to put Phil and Joe off if you can.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2017, 01:19:36 PM »
Alright, you'll certainly still have a grid spot. Try to put Phil and Joe off if you can.
Should I come on teamspeak and scream "Phil! Your house's on fire!!!" while he is pushing hard for position?

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2017, 04:55:35 PM »
Unfortunately I confirm that the brake pedal is completely gone---some signal any now and then, but fundamentally random. So I am off for this week's race.

I have ordered new pedals and should be here by the end of the week. So hopefully I am back for next race. If there is space, please leave my car in: I might join to spectate.

That sucks dude, but new pedals!! What did ya get? Inverted V3s?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »

nah, just the standard ones. The inverted ones look really cool, but they are mighty expensive...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2017, 05:38:36 PM »

nah, just the standard ones. The inverted ones look really cool, but they are mighty expensive...

Holy sheet they are; hadn't looked at the price. Hope you got the damper kit though  ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 05:46:30 PM by Joe »

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2017, 07:06:40 PM »

Yep, thanks to Phil's warm recommendation.

Holy sheet they are; hadn't looked at the price. Hope you got the damper kit though  ;)

Offline Cursed

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2017, 12:30:41 PM »
The bounciness of this track makes me feel a bit queasy for the first few laps while wearing my Oculus Rift.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »
The bounciness of this track makes me feel a bit queasy for the first few laps while wearing my Oculus Rift.
Where is it bouncy? Maybe you notice it more in the Rift.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2017, 01:51:59 PM »

Maybe you can try adjust the g-force effects in the launcher settings, I think by default these make it fairly bouncy in most cars. I assume they still have an effect using a rift and reducing this should reduce extra motion effects. I dont think Barcelona is all that bumpy unless going over the sausage kerbs in the last chicane but there you want to avoid hitting them to be able to stay in control and carry more speed.

Offline Dave O

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2017, 02:00:05 PM »

Try lock camera to horizon in visual settings Works for me with Vive, Dave O.
NEVER TOO OLD TO RACE ... being competitive can be a PROBLEM though.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal