Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 6: Thursday 24 November - *Changed to Cadwell Park

Author Topic: Round 6: Thursday 24 November - *Changed to Cadwell Park  (Read 28471 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Round 6: Thursday 24 November - *Changed to Cadwell Park
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2016, 07:51:06 AM »
Sorry for the tap early on wally and the carnage that followed.. such a narrow track and tried to defend a bit too hard. From 3rd down to second last.

No worries Joe. It's hard on a narrow track with cars that tend to drift about. I had good fun after that working my way back from near the back of the pack to 4th, trying hard to keep my wheels off the grass in places that I knew would spin me. I couldn't catch the lead 3 though, they were too far ahead.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2016, 07:56:40 AM »

I think I might have to drop off Teamspeak just after race start as I'm finding it incredibly distracting listening to people changing gears and constantly breathing into their mics and starting to chatter before everybody has finished racing.

Yes,  it's common courtesy to hold the post race banter until people have finished racing, as exciting as it may be after a race. Last night, Bruce and Imperious were still battling to the finish and probably couldn't hear their own engines. Keep an eye on the leader board and wait for everyone to finish the line.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2016, 09:12:27 AM »
Sorry about my race start incident still had my foot on the clutch from the start and when i went for a little trail braking into the first kink, the car didn't slow much by standing on the clutch. Rookie mistake. Anyway had a lot of ground to make up after that but had a lot of good racin with Roo, AJ and Bruce. AJ putting the thumb screws on me all the way to the finish line.

So remember kids when trying to slow the car down the clutch pedal is not the most effective pedal at your disposal.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2016, 09:15:23 AM »
Sorry about my race start incident still had my foot on the clutch from the start and when i went for a little trail braking into the first kink, the car didn't slow much by standing on the clutch. Rookie mistake. Anyway had a lot of ground to make up after that but had a lot of good racin with Roo, AJ and Bruce. AJ putting the thumb screws on me all the way to the finish line.

So remember kids when trying to slow the car down the clutch pedal is not the most effective pedal at your disposal.
lol Humper
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2016, 09:25:43 AM »
I think I might have to drop off Teamspeak just after race start as I'm finding it incredibly distracting listening to people changing gears and constantly breathing into their mics and starting to chatter before everybody has finished racing.

Agreed TS is just a hindrance atm. I keep dumping it

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2016, 10:38:35 AM »
There is a lot of additional noise coming through teamspeak recently, and without being shy it's coming from Shameless. Understand your situation mate, and how difficult it must be racing with a joystick, but any chance of having push-to-talk would be good as your mic picks up a lot.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2016, 11:17:44 AM »
Well I shot myself in the foot, again! A last minute change and that was the end of my race.
I exited to add "pitcrew" if i needed it, on returning got side tracked with helicorsa not displaying...
I should have realised when I had an unexpected amount of fuel on board... It was default.

I rotated around 2-3 seconds off my qual time and just watched as I was overtaken, the only good point, I wasn't lapped!
There will be another day, next round. :(
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2016, 11:26:22 AM »
Bad luck Bruce. On the plus side I had a quick look at the replay and the driver names on the cars look great  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2016, 11:30:21 AM »
Results have been updated and the championship is back on for Mael :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2016, 12:01:29 PM »
Bad luck Bruce. On the plus side I had a quick look at the replay and the driver names on the cars look great  ;D
thanks, that is cool, I noted Imperious' name tag was a little hard to read in game, will check that one, but it does value add IMHO.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2016, 12:23:17 PM »
There is a lot of additional noise coming through teamspeak recently, and without being shy it's coming from Shameless. Understand your situation mate, and how difficult it must be racing with a joystick, but any chance of having push-to-talk would be good as your mic picks up a lot.

It shouldn't be as the mic sensitivity is down. But if it's still coming through I'll test it next time and lower it more, if it's still coming through I'll try a joystick button for push to talk, it should technically work from the joystick I think.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2016, 01:26:47 PM »

It shouldn't be as the mic sensitivity is down. But if it's still coming through I'll test it next time and lower it more, if it's still coming through I'll try a joystick button for push to talk, it should technically work from the joystick I think.

Could be worth doing. Didn't wanna sound insensitive if there was a reason you couldn't use push to talk, but if you have a spare button on the joystick you can just set it up in teamspeak.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2016, 04:40:15 PM »

Could be worth doing. Didn't wanna sound insensitive if there was a reason you couldn't use push to talk, but if you have a spare button on the joystick you can just set it up in teamspeak.

Nah, not in the slightest, takes a hell of a lot to offend me. I had an extremely dry mouth and half blocked nose during the race and my breathing gets heavy when I'm really concentrating and on the edge of my seat racing.  The last thing I want to do is put people off their race.

I don't use push to talk on my own ts server. not sure you can set it up to be different for each server. its either voice activation or PTT. But I'll map it to the closest joystick button to my left hand.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2016, 05:38:21 PM »
It'll only be a week or two when you talk to yourself, before you realize to press the button. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2016, 05:41:44 PM »

Nah, not in the slightest, takes a hell of a lot to offend me. I had an extremely dry mouth and half blocked nose during the race and my breathing gets heavy when I'm really concentrating and on the edge of my seat racing.  The last thing I want to do is put people off their race.

I don't use push to talk on my own ts server. not sure you can set it up to be different for each server. its either voice activation or PTT. But I'll map it to the closest joystick button to my left hand.

Yeah you can set a PTT profile and a Voice Activated profile, then assign one to the "bookmark" for the server.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal