Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 7 - Round 1: 12/1/2017 - Zolder 1967

Author Topic: Season 7 - Round 1: 12/1/2017 - Zolder 1967  (Read 18298 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: Season 7 - Round 1: 12/1/2017 - Zolder 1967
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 12:26:13 PM »
I restarted the server and it seems to be up now
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 10:06:25 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 09:58:13 PM »
How do I always find all the glitches...

First race I struggled due to unfamiliarity. Yesterday I changed the damper and spring on my brake pedal and only gave it a quick test so that was different. New wheel and shifter were different but in an awesome way. Fanaleds was also making my brake pedal and wheel vibrate when locking up which was distracting so I disabled that after I fell into the bottomless pit.

Second race started first, made mistakes and lost places, then finally got some rhythm and had a nice battle with Seanus until he went wide and onto the grass at T1 around lap 7 or 8 putting me into 2nd. I then found the next glitch and got the car stuck.

Two last places finishes due to a dodgy track..  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 10:14:11 PM »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2017, 10:14:52 PM »

That was what happened in the first race, only the hole is invisible until you fall down it  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2017, 10:17:40 PM »
That was what happened in the first race, only the hole is invisible until you fall down it  ;D

Im fairly sure this guy didnt see the hole til he fell down it either.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2017, 10:19:31 PM »
Race 2 I copied Joe's example. Tried and failed to clear a fence ending back on the track only to find something catastrophic went wrong. Had no steering or brakes meaning I could not stop myself from  slewing across the track, sorry guys!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2017, 10:21:19 PM »
Terrific racing tonight. Hard work, but great fun and rewarding, with some good battles.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2017, 07:45:43 AM »
I really enjoyed the racing last night, some of the best I have had, with such a different sound from each car there is no mistaking what make is behind, beside or in front of you. I had lot of long battles with several people especially Rob. I find these cars are a good equaliser as normally I would be way behind Wally, but with both of us in a GT40 I was only a couple of seconds per lap off the pace. It was also great to see such a mix on the starting grid, it must not be obvious which is the fastest car. Good to see Bruce and Gratulin racing also. The rest of the tracks for the season should be better quality, with only Longford 67 in question. But holes aside, Zolder 67 does make for close races! and the "chirp" from the rear wheels in the GT40 after it becomes airborne, is racing music to the ears.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:38:01 AM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2017, 09:29:30 AM »
Very pleased to be able to make the first round of the season, and what a great selection of cars, the look, the sounds and the differences certainly enhanced the race experience.

Avoided the drug test and managed to get on the grid with my PB, but had a fade immediately on the start and caused major crash! Sorry.
Subdued 2nd start and made for enjoyable racing. Put in some good laps but eventually succumbed to lack of skill and not 100% and found myself slipping back.
Those curbs were murder and managed to keep off them until late race, and finding my self just able pull up before the pits and get back on track.
Race 2, found the same curb again, sending me this time between the 2 fences on the opposite side of the pits and eventually impaled on the fencing, forcing me to realise it was time to rest.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2017, 10:38:44 AM »
Well that wasn't a good start to a new season. Think I had more off's and crashes in that 1st race than all of last season, including knocking off Mael and spinning in front of Grat and possibly others I have forgotten (apologies to all) Think it might have been a combination of not loading the setup Phil provided, plus very little running since the last season ended, plus running in another league in Rf2 with cars that are polar opposite to these cars.
Then in R2 another spin on the 1st lap putting me to back of field, then crashed over the fence to find myself on an access road outside the circuit. Followed that around hoping to get back on track, went under a bridge that the track went over, then fell into a never ending hole. I then found I couldn't escape back to the pits and restart from there, cos the game said I had to stop moving to escape.
Oh well, it can only get better from here (I hope). Will have to get a bit more practice in.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:41:19 AM by gawaterman »

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2017, 11:07:33 AM »
0 practice laps (or qual laps) + 0 skill = 0 points. (no surprises there!)
I did enjoy the cars though and look forward to the next race.

Race 1 I also found a hole while off on the infield somewhere but got warped back the the pits and continued on.
Race 2 broke the cars whilst jumping it (not recommended in an F40)

Round one lesson then: Stay on the black bit, much safer than the alternatives.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2017, 11:22:40 AM »
Well that wasn't a good start to a new season. Think I had more off's and crashes in that 1st race than all of last season, including knocking off Mael and spinning in front of Grat and possibly others I have forgotten (apologies to all) Think it might have been a combination of not loading the setup Phil provided, plus very little running since the last season ended, plus running in another league in Rf2 with cars that are polar opposite to these cars.
Then in R2 another spin on the 1st lap putting me to back of field, then crashed over the fence to find myself on an access road outside the circuit. Followed that around hoping to get back on track, went under a bridge that the track went over, then fell into a never ending hole. I then found I couldn't escape back to the pits and restart from there, cos the game said I had to stop moving to escape.
Oh well, it can only get better from here (I hope). Will have to get a bit more practice in.

very eventful night :(

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2017, 04:47:33 PM »
Surprised myself by actually enjoying the racing using one foot! Must be getting better.  I had forgotten how much fun these "slidey cars with no brakes" are. Just tried to stay out of trouble but that proved difficult  8) For the record, I would have redressed Wally's position when I tapped him IF I COULD HAVE FOUND HIM!!!!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2017, 06:28:18 PM »
Surprised myself by actually enjoying the racing using one foot! Must be getting better.  I had forgotten how much fun these "slidey cars with no brakes" are. Just tried to stay out of trouble but that proved difficult  8) For the record, I would have redressed Wally's position when I tapped him IF I COULD HAVE FOUND HIM!!!!!
Don't worry, I got a friendly wave from your pit crew as I trundled past them.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal