Xtreme Gaming Network

May 31 fun run: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z/Mazda MX5 at Modena

Author Topic: May 31 fun run: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z/Mazda MX5 at Modena  (Read 20254 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
3 x 10 lap sprints, with 10 mins qualifying, at Modena (fast layout) [DOWNLOAD] - not the OSRW one, just the basic mod track.

Cars
Nissan GT-R R34 Skyline V-Spec
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
Toyota Supra MK IV
Nissan 370Z NISMO
Mazda MX5 Cup

REQUIRES YOU TO BUY THE JAPANESE PACK DLC.

Typical weather at Modena right now is hot - about 30 degrees and sunny.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:46:28 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
Well im out
This game is heading like iracing (maybe not as bad yet)
Will we have to buy something every other month to be able to play it
How bout they fix sound issues, get in game content happening (ballast or dynamic weather anyone)
No lets just release half arse addons 
Reckon i'll be in minority on this

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Well im out
How bout they fix sound issues, get in game content happening (ballast or dynamic weather anyone)

The DLC Jap Pack was about $6! And we've had ballast for ages.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline grat

• View Profile
Of course it is a matter of preferences. But from my point of you I have played for 1436 hours and payed Kunos almost surely less than 100 bucks. It makes for less than 7 cents per hour. The real cost is all in hardware. Otherwise I am pretty sure it would be the cheapest hobby I ever had.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Had a practice last night against the AI, this combo of cars is pretty tasty!! Especially at Modena, with lots of twisty bits to even it up.
The R34 feels great but has the wrong exhaust pipe surely!! Already love the 370. Ahhhh testing is such fun!!
 :P

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
I agree with viper in that since 8 November 2013 this is all we have still, but atm its the best we have as far as driving physics go.   I do worry they are going to spend to much time on the console dev and are trying to make a new forza of some nature,
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:02:55 AM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
Well im out

Iracing price for renting this many cars would be a bit more then $6 and on top of that you need to pay at least more then this pack each month just to use the new cars your renting and all previous content you rented.

I dont know what sound issues you have, ballast has been in for a very long time but weather is static so at least you have one point there. :)

Personally for me I now have Thursday's off and saw the stuff going on there and am going to miss it simply as its so many random mods, a few I tried really arent that great they even ran a full season in like the sierra. I prefer AC having additional official content as its all very solid and high quality especially physics wise but mods its very rare for them to get close to official quality content and those that do end up going official anyway.

At the fairly low cost AC actually is and with the DLC's funding core game development too then its a plus. If there were no DLC's there would also be no game development as it was as designed at v1. Beyond that it has gone to much more thanks to sales from DLC's that have also allowed core development to continue. Its also your choice to simply abandon a season if it has content you dont want to race, this is why I am not doing the Thursday runs and thats all free mods I simply dont even want to have to download.

I came home late last nite and will now update the prac server with these cars, they really are a blast to drive and for less then the price of a beer at the pub I think its much better value.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Marty come and play on a Thursday :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
I've put up some lap times: http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

ks_nissan_skyline_r34     01:03.503
ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r     01:03.558
ks_nissan_370z               01:03.589
ks_toyota_supra_mkiv     01:03.870

Offline marty

• View Profile
Marty come and play on a Thursday :)

Sorry I couldnt tonight was busy, looked like an interesting combo. I will keep an eye on the nites for when Im free but Im nt a buge fan of too many of the random mods.

I've put up some lap times: http://52.62.170.191:50041/lapstat?currservers=acserver

ks_nissan_skyline_r34     01:03.503
ks_mazda_rx7_spirit_r     01:03.558
ks_nissan_370z               01:03.589
ks_toyota_supra_mkiv     01:03.870

Good stuff Wally seems close there for you and this track likely will even the cars out as the extra power of some wont really be a big help. I will try run some laps over the weekend in all and see how I find them.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: May 31 fun run: Skyline/RX7 Spirit/Supra MKIV/Nissan 370z at Modena
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »

Good stuff Wally seems close there for you and this track likely will even the cars out as the extra power of some wont really be a big help. I will try run some laps over the weekend in all and see how I find them.
Yes, it's not a really representative track from that point of view, without a longer straight. It's more to get a feel for which car you like the feel of, more than anything.

The Skyline feels very planted. You don't get much oversteer at all, like you do with the RX7 or the Supra. Doesn't the Skyline have 4 wheel steering?

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 11:35:16 AM »
I'll be there! I just love that RX7  ;D

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 02:10:20 PM »
Yes Wally, the Skyline should have 4 wheel steering (if it is implemented in game) as well as all wheel drive which will make a big difference against the rear wheel drive Supra and RX7.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
370Z Nismo for me please..... ;)

Rolz

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 04:36:44 PM »
I have played for 1436 hours

phwaar - impressive! thought I was doing well with almost 800 hours!!  :o

After a few laps I think the skyline/370z will have this one, the RX7 needs a long straight to open up to catch the better cornering Nissans...

RX7, I find I need to break sooner, also I keep getting the backend out putting power down too soon... more laps practice I think!

Will be tough racing as there really isn't much width in the track

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal