Xtreme Gaming Network

S34R7 - Laguna Seca

Author Topic: S34R7 - Laguna Seca  (Read 8236 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S34R7 - Laguna Seca
« on: September 15, 2020, 10:45:33 PM »
AGK wins the round, with a win in race 1 and a 2nd place in race 2, as well as taking out pole position. I took out race 2, with my second win in a week, so I better buy a Lotto ticket. There are no changes in the top 3 season standings, with one round to go in the season.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
AGK   59
Wally   51
Joe   49
Freezer   48
Mael   37
Phil.8   36
bradc   30
killagorilla   0

Penalties
Race 1
Joe really spun himself – ran a bit wide and bounced off of Mael, but no one else was impacted – racing incident.

Season Standings
1. Mael, 291
2. Joe, 285
3. AGK, 271

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:40:32 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
Re: S34R7 - Laguna Seca
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:55:07 AM »
Love this track   :D

Looking for suggestions on which car to use here , is there a stand out car that has better braking than the rest ? Or tips on how to change the setup so the braking is better  ??

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 10:09:36 AM »

Looking for suggestions on which car to use here , is there a stand out car that has better braking than the rest ? Or tips on how to change the setup so the braking is better  ??
The Nissan's will be on top there too, but that's mostly because the fast guys have picked it. The Volvo brakes better than the Nissan imo. As I've raced this track before I know my setup already: default...just changing tire pressure and potentially gear ratio. I would think it's a good car for this track.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:18:09 AM by killagorilla »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 10:16:52 AM »

R31 has the best p/w ratio I think and getting used to it should yield good lap times, the rest are fairly even, only with minor differences on certain tracks. not tested here....yet

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 01:24:52 PM »
I've done a few laps in a couple cars, published the set (going by feel, not data) I used for each. Brake pressure reduced and finding the sweet spot for balance seems to help me a bit. I couldn't get much more out of the jag...

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 04:19:27 PM »
I've done a few laps in a couple cars, published the set (going by feel, not data) I used for each. Brake pressure reduced and finding the sweet spot for balance seems to help me a bit. I couldn't get much more out of the jag...
Hmm...looks like Wally and me should go alright there. Well, still think Mael and Joe will spoil this in the Nissan ;)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 05:26:12 PM »
Thanks will try them out , Oh I also bit the bullet and bought a set of the  fanatec clubsport v3 pedals . Ive allways had issues with my brakes on the g29 , these new ones will hopefully help or confirm my lack of skill. :0

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 07:47:21 PM »
Hmm...looks like Wally and me should go alright there. Well, still think Mael and Joe will spoil this in the Nissan ;)
Yeah they gonna be fast, I definitely could have gotten more out of the R31
Thanks will try them out , Oh I also bit the bullet and bought a set of the  fanatec clubsport v3 pedals . Ive allways had issues with my brakes on the g29 , these new ones will hopefully help or confirm my lack of skill. :0
To avoid let down, don't expect miracles lol, they'll surely be an nice upgrade over the logitech though and will take a bit to get used to. Probably reduce the brake pressure in the driver or game so you don't have to stomp on them.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 01:27:49 PM »
Hey guys!! I just can`t make it tonight,working hard and i am tired,,,very.   Next week should be good to go

Shame i love  dry lagoon

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 02:28:56 PM »
Hey guys!! I just can`t make it tonight,working hard and i am tired,,,very.   Next week should be good to go

Shame i love  dry lagoon
Well, I never knew that's what Laguna Seca meant.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 06:19:01 PM »
Server's up.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 10:44:24 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to AGK on the round win.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 08:55:59 AM »
I was certainly surprised to win race 2. On race 1, AGK was off in the distance somewhere, and I could barely catch Freezer and Joe. I used exactly the same setup in race 2, and soon found myself on 2nd, close enough to AGK to put a bit of pressure on, but not really close enough for a passing attempt. I aimed to pit before AGK, hoping for the undercut, and when he pitted, he came out just in front of me. I knew my best chance to take the lead was to make a pass before his tyres came up, and that's what I managed to do.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2020, 09:28:12 AM »
This was not a Jaguar friendly track. It didn’t seem to matter what I tried with setup I was slow. I think it was more that I couldn’t seem to stop the car at the double left turn 1. The rest of the track it was ok and I could get a really good run up the hill to the corkscrew and off the final turn to stalk Volvo’s and Nissan’s. Race 1 I managed to capitalise on people’s mistakes but then was slowly picked off as the faster guys recovered until my mediums fell off the cliff at lap 9.

Race 2 was more of the same until Killa and Mael bushed each other up and I ended up dicing with Mael for many, many laps. It was a lot of fun and very respectful by both. I can’t remember any contact all race long but there was plenty of very close and side by side racing. Each time Mael got past he must have enjoyed the battle so much that he’d manage to run wide and let me pass for another repeat fo the battle. Ultimately I think tyre ware might have decided things as we both had identical tyres strategies with an early stop and long run to the flag. I think this was one of the hardest and my enjoyable last places I’ve ever had!

Roll on Monza!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2020, 10:02:24 AM »
Shame about my mistake at the start of R1. Was able to make up a few places then put the pressure on Freezer but couldn't find a way past.

Race 2 was similar behind Freezer putting the pressure on. We went 2 wide into the corkscrew which was fun but I've had enough close racing with Freezer to know we'd both give enough room. Eventually he did make a little mistake which let me by as was no way of passing otherwise. After that Wally and AGK were a bit too far ahead. I put in the fastest lap and was closing the gap but not enough time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal