Xtreme Gaming Network

S20 BMW M235i Racing Sign Up Thread

Author Topic: S20 BMW M235i Racing Sign Up Thread  (Read 35122 times)

Offline doobs

• View Profile
Re: S20 BMW M235i Racing Sign Up Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »
Hi Wally
I'm sitting another one out, the wrist is up to it, but I'm not up to driving a sedan.
Good selection of tracks though, have a good season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »
Hi Wally
I'm sitting another one out, the wrist is up to it, but I'm not up to driving a sedan.
Good selection of tracks though, have a good season.
No worries doobs, maybe next time. It's good that your wrist is better.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline DC

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2017, 07:38:07 AM »
Hi Wally,
Sorry for the really late notice but I'm still having sporadic connection issues, so I think it'd be better to opt out for this season until everything has been resolved, hopefully this gives somebody else the opportunity to do a whole season.
Talk soon,
Kind regards,
DC.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2017, 07:50:04 AM »
Hi Wally,
Sorry for the really late notice but I'm still having sporadic connection issues, so I think it'd be better to opt out for this season until everything has been resolved, hopefully this gives somebody else the opportunity to do a whole season.
Talk soon,
Kind regards,
DC.
No worries DC. I can't say I've ever seen issues racing nearby you. Is the issue more that you suffer from random disconnections altogether?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline DC

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2017, 12:22:44 PM »
Yes, I have ADSL2+ so my Ping is always okay, but just in the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing disconnects constantly. First World Problems I know, but it's a shame I'll miss out on the season.   

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »
Yes, I have ADSL2+ so my Ping is always okay, but just in the last couple of weeks I've been experiencing disconnects constantly. First World Problems I know, but it's a shame I'll miss out on the season.   
I wonder if you can change to a more conservative ADSL speed profile with your ISP? I.e. sacrifice a little speed for greater stability.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »

My ADSL2+ has been giving me some issues the past week or two. Seeing ping spikes in game and also general slow and shittyness.

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »
I have also had a lot of disconnect issues recently which coincided with nbn going live in the area (fttn)
Rock solid connection up to that point. I changed all the adsl filters and it seems to have fixed it, there was possibly extra noise on the line from nbn causing drop outs. Maybe worth testing for you

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »

I am also having nbn issues, its gone really slow in peak times and having bad ping in game :( 
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2017, 03:41:52 PM »
Interesting there is so many internet issues at the moment, I also noticed my 50/20 FTTP connection had dropped to 6mbs yesterday. However now it is back up to the highest DL and UL speeds I have ever had, very close to the 50/20 I have been paying for for nearly 3 years. I think a lot of ISPs are running scared about refunds from lower than sold speeds, lets hope so anyway. These problems may only be happening as they are doing line upgrades.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 04:30:04 PM »
Interesting there is so many internet issues at the moment, I also noticed my 50/20 FTTP connection had dropped to 6mbs yesterday. However now it is back up to the highest DL and UL speeds I have ever had, very close to the 50/20 I have been paying for for nearly 3 years. I think a lot of ISPs are running scared about refunds from lower than sold speeds, lets hope so anyway. These problems may only be happening as they are doing line upgrades.
that's about the speeds I am dropping to, I also pay for 50/20
at 8 am this morning I had 49/17, 
4.30 pm I have 6/5
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:33:29 PM by Phil.8 »

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 04:49:51 PM »
4.30 pm I have 6/5

Who are you with? Contention ratio must be terrible. Pretty sad considering that fttp cable can do a gigabit no problems

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
4.30 pm I have 6/5

Who are you with? Contention ratio must be terrible. Pretty sad considering that fttp cable can do a gigabit no problems
I am with iinet in Coffs Harbour the first place in Australia to get the NBN ,I also have had intermittent drop outs since day one, I am in a block of 16 units, bottom line is it has not been as reliable as ADSL2+  I had in Canberra :(  I think iinet is shit but have no choice as I will not use Telstra.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2017, 05:22:09 PM »
Telstra   fixed wireless,  I used to get close to max no problem, but not anymore, congestion I guess.
Actually waiting to hear from them today, they have been monitoring the connection last few days.

Offline Godzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »
Have seen a few fixes wireless connections. Speed can be good but packet loss can be a killer.
If iiNet struggle doubt Telstra will do better, just more annoying customer support. I’ve got 3 iiNet connections in the office all of which 100/40 and never see any slow down, all fttp. Also one 100/100 and also no slow down. Probably as they are used in business hours and not when everyone is hammering Netflix.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal