Xtreme Gaming Network

Cobra Cup Round 2 Suzuka PRAC Server is up...

Author Topic: Cobra Cup Round 2 Suzuka PRAC Server is up...  (Read 19920 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Cobra Cup Round 2 Suzuka PRAC Server is up...
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »
Hate to bring up the racing but what is the target lap time? I have been off the pace in the Cobra a lot since missing too many rounds this series :(

I think a 2:40 is good, from memory, I have been concentrating on the lap so much, I can't remember the time specifically.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
Hate to bring up the racing but what is the target lap time? I have been off the pace in the Cobra a lot since missing too many rounds this series :(

I think a 2:40 is good, from memory, I have been concentrating on the lap so much, I can't remember the time specifically.

Really? no! I'm doing 2.44s and making mistakes.

G0RGAK

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2014, 06:31:39 PM »
hey guys, went to join the practice server but my name wasn't on the list, is there a spare spot for tonight's races?

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 07:48:30 PM »
yep sorry I may have inadvertanly moved you
fixing now
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 10:37:10 PM »
It was good fun racing tonight.  Aiman showed us how it should be done by doing a 24' and regular 25's - Guybrush will need to guy-brush off his skills with this new gentleman here :)  Well done, Aiman!

New guys; try to get on TS so you know what's going on, even if you don't speak much you can listen.  We'll talk for you, don't worry.  :D

The first race was a bit lonely, however the 2nd was great chasing Simone all around - like in the olden days...altho I used to be up front more, as I recall ;)   I almost caught up but went a bit over-zealous into T1  on the last lap, otherwise it would have been very-very close.   Good fun, in any case!

Aiman; I'm really hoping you plan on joining us in the XGN vs ARSE inter-league event - you could be our secret weapon, mate ;)
With Guy, and hopefully Marty pulling himself together, we may even have a nice fast lineup at the front.  (Simone and Edwood probably padding out the space in front of me)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
I was much happier with the Cobra this week. Seemed to not overdrive the thing! But had the brake balance wrong so was braking much too early. Bird has corrected us on that so will be interesting to test at Spa.

Suzuka is very technical - difficult mixed radius corners, Dunlop is easy to mangle and the 'S' Curves are all throttle control. 5  laps was tough on the concentration and nerves!

Thanks Flattop for another great night!

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2014, 10:54:24 PM »
It was good fun racing tonight.  Aiman showed us how it should be done by doing a 24' and regular 25's - Guybrush will need to guy-brush off his skills with this new gentleman here :)  Well done, Aiman!

New guys; try to get on TS so you know what's going on, even if you don't speak much you can listen.  We'll talk for you, don't worry.  :D

The first race was a bit lonely, however the 2nd was great chasing Simone all around - like in the olden days...altho I used to be up front more, as I recall ;)   I almost caught up but went a bit over-zealous into T1  on the last lap, otherwise it would have been very-very close.   Good fun, in any case!

Aiman; I'm really hoping you plan on joining us in the XGN vs ARSE inter-league event - you could be our secret weapon, mate ;)
With Guy, and hopefully Marty pulling himself together, we may even have a nice fast lineup at the front.  (Simone and Edwood probably padding out the space in front of me)

Thanks :D , Suzuka is one of tracks that I had played alot, so it was easy to get used to drive the Cobra on that track.
 I dont mind to join that league if you guys allow , since I will have long school holiday for myself :)
For TS , I can just poke any admin server if they are there? Or is there anyone here that can give rights?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 10:58:22 PM »
Last minute decision to race tonight in a car I've hardly driven....but I did know the track.
Qual:  Couldn't finish a single lap without a spin so started in 12th.
R1: Everyone else must have had there own issues as I found myself in about 5th soon after the start.  I managed two passes to get home in 3rd which required a tonne of concentration to keep it on track.
R2:  Got a bit messy in this one.  Tried to get up the inside of Weeman but we touched and then half a lap later I missed the brake mark and instead of taking Weeman out I got off the brakes and shot past him.  I think I managed to grab back one spot and got home around 8th.
Powerful cars, but I think the secret is not to use it.  You spend most of the bends just bliping the throttle and waiting for it to grip up, then hit it on the straights.  Good night through...

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 11:15:22 PM »
"You spend most of the bends just blipping the throttle and waiting for it to grip up, then hit it on the straights." - Freezer, you just summed up the whole night for me!! Except for the spins of course. It's a great track though.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 11:56:16 PM »

Thanks :D , Suzuka is one of tracks that I had played alot, so it was easy to get used to drive the Cobra on that track.
 I dont mind to join that league if you guys allow , since I will have long school holiday for myself :)
For TS , I can just poke any admin server if they are there? Or is there anyone here that can give rights?

TS: just poke one of us when we're on - but if you see another admin, you can ask them too, just tell them you're a member of XGN assetto corsa league (you need an admin, just anyone can't give you rights).  If you're on next tues evening, we'll all be there.

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2014, 07:41:19 AM »
Again sorry guys for bailing out! Just was a long way from being in the zone last night.. Was a big day.. anyway,
  I'm coming to terms with the cobra, but Suzuka was / is a monster of technical bits. I'm wondering if the twisty bits aren't too tight? Maybe just for the cobras? I'm not sure if they had the same layout in the 60s?
  Certainly the more technical tracks it's easy to see I'm still learning. The technical tracks like Suzuka, Imola, Mugello I'm a good 8 seconds off W/R but the more flowing tracks I'm closer to 4-5 seconds.

Good racing by the sounds of it though! Has admin managed to keep the results?? :)

Well done to the new guybrush, Aiman!!! Although I wasn't on for long, you had a steady 100+ ping but I didn't see any warping! or rubber-banding for that matter.
  We need to ban these damn aliens! lol :) Hope to see you racing again Aiman and hope to hear you on team speak. I'm sure you will have a great accent for us to get used to!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2014, 10:16:38 AM »
Yeah. Based on Aiman's ping last night warping has nothing to do with ping size. He passed me a couple of times without any hint of stutter or warp. So it is weird that it only impacts certain people who have a range of pings - I've seen people with low pings warping all over the place.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »
It's packet loss - to an extent - that causes the warping.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal