Xtreme Gaming Network

g27 pedal upgrades..anyone running them...thoughts?

Author Topic: g27 pedal upgrades..anyone running them...thoughts?  (Read 16810 times)

Rolz

Re: g27 pedal upgrades..anyone running them...thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 10:55:02 PM »
Do yourself a favour and get the GTEye spring mod.

+1000

Best first mod (was for me) to do before getting too adventurous... heaps of YouTube videos out there to help you out as well  ;D

Offline MozzMann

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2015, 12:24:25 PM »
I am re-designing mine using hydraulics ie using a 0-5V output sender and a pneumatic ram with fork oil and an air gap in it , the same goes for the clutch .  IMHO Fanatec and other's are ridiculously expensive for what you get.  G27 is still the best value for a decent FFB race wheel,

IF I can come up with a decent Kit form would there be anyone willing to purchase at reduced cost to test.   

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 11:12:15 PM »
Thought I would share this little insight for those running older G25s.
Mine has had potentiometer problems repeatedly as it is a good 7 years old and well used.  So today I picked up a G27 for $160 and according to the reviews there is little technical difference. However.....
I just ran a few tracks and set pb's on many of them, mainly due to the accelerator potentiometer that had had a small stutter no doubt but, the difference in wheel feel is vast.  I now have a very noticeable feel of what the tyres are doing and can respond much better to it.  The wheel is smooth and solid where as the old one clattered.  I can only assume that wear and tear has reduced the ability of the old wheel gradually over time.
The new one has given AC a new lease to my driving so if you are running a very old one, an upgrade may be just the thing.

Also, you might already know ( I didn't) that you can adjust your physical wheel rotation settings on the fly using a combination of the buttons on the gear selector -

Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal