Xtreme Gaming Network

S19R1: Silverstone Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S19R1: Silverstone Post-Race Chat  (Read 16789 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S19R1: Silverstone Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2017, 12:03:52 AM »
This might blow your mind, but Grat and Gratulin are two different people.
Ahahahah!

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2017, 12:17:47 AM »

It's just a habit when I type Grat I always type out Gratulin.. I don't think I've ever called him Grat.. subconsciously do it.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Jeremy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 06:24:33 AM »
Wasn't the night I was hoping for. Got caught up in the first lap incident, there was an lmp1 car rolling across the track and tried to avoid it to no avail. Engine was gone so had to quit and sit in the pits with the rest of them that got caught up. I came out the pits and decided to plot along pace was pretty good I ended up catching Shayne and Killagorilla had fun trying to unlaped myself against them which I did end up doing but made a small mistake letting Matthew pass and they once again got past. With 20min to go I decided just to sit behind them and let them battle it out for the win.

In regards to the passing of lmp1 cars on gt3s I found myself giving them to much room and got a few cuts from that. In saying that I just watched out for blue flags and made clear early calls on where I was going to position the car and thus never had a drama. Of course there will be spots on some tracks where it's single file but that's the nature of the game.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 07:05:56 AM »

It's just a habit when I type Grat I always type out Gratulin.. I don't think I've ever called him Grat.. subconsciously do it.
And I spent the night rebuilding Windows 10 and re-installing AC on my PC.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 07:51:53 AM »
That thing turned out pretty much perfect for me. Wouldn't have thought ending up on pole as especially DC seemed to be out of reach based on his lap times in practise.
I was lucky getting passed the two LMP1's at the start and the race went well from thereafter apart from the spin which got me on P2. However, that favour was returned so I went into the pits on P1. Yeah, the pitstop...it was pathetic. Must have gone in too slow so Shayne behind me was going right through me before we turned right onto start-finish straight. Then I missed my pits, had to reverse, went too far and at the 3rd try I finally made it. It must have looked pretty funny for someone watching this...like, what the hell is this guy doing there ;-)
The result was, I lost a lot of time and two positions in the pits.
Racing with the LMP1's was ok for me. I tried to be predictable. Didn't want to be rude when I was going there in the middle of the road, but I just thought, stay where you are and let them decide where to pass you.
Reg. cars, looks made me go for the Lambo when the choice was narrowed down to the Beamer & Lamborghini. Well, actually, the best looking car is the GT-R anyway ;-) but I just couldn't get rid of its understeer unfortunately.
I was very impressed by the time Phil squeezed out of the Ferrari in practise.
Cheers everyone. It was good to have Shayne around going pretty much the same pace :-)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 07:59:59 AM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 08:08:55 AM »
Ahahahah!
Gratulin is Grat's son, I reckon. "Gratulin" means "little Grat" :-X
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »

And I spent the night rebuilding Windows 10 and re-installing AC on my PC.
That's rotten timing. I can't say I've seen a driver update have such drastic consequences before.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 11:48:35 AM »
On that - what is the sign I should be getting and where would it be in VR (I have to look around even for flags :P) to tell me im cutting?

I also run with VR, and I have the warning thing sitting kinda of on the bonnet, so it's very clear when that red dot pops up I know I need to slow down before re-entering.

I see now the issue is that i didnt have any apps open....next time - of course just staying on track would help too but chasing the 919 means my diesel needs all the help it can get :P

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 02:26:10 PM »
well for my first time racing with cars so vastly different speed, I now know why I don't watch FIA World Endurance Cup and  I cant understand why it is even a thing to be honest
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 02:34:45 PM »
well for my first time racing with cars so vastly different speed, I now know why I don't watch FIA World Endurance Cup and  I cant understand why it is even a thing to be honest
It's a thing because it's the first type of motor racing.
Way back when there weren't enough of one type of car to fill a field, and some like to hang onto history. :-X

And if you want 'vastly different speeds', check out the latest craze of 'çircuit safaris', where they drive a tour bus around the track during practice! :o

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 02:41:19 PM »
And if you want 'vastly different speeds', check out the latest craze of 'çircuit safaris', where they drive a tour bus around the track during practice! :o

That sound cool! I would be willing to fork out a bit of cash for a seat  ;D

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 03:00:37 PM »

That sound cool! I would be willing to fork out a bit of cash for a seat  ;D
I'd love to do that  ;D.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 03:59:03 PM »
well my first foray on track for quite some time, just a mere 10 seconds slower than my fellow Nissan driver, but I was 16th at one point, just as my "puff" was running out.
Well those LMPs are amazingly fast, it as almost as if lag spike has sent them past you!  I hope all the faster/lapping cars were able to negiate me okay, I don't believe I was in the way.

Thanks for run, but if I am a problem, you let me know!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 04:01:10 PM »
Just checked the results, "IF" I could have hung on I may have had a 13th position finish!  :-X
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 04:09:14 PM »
No problem at all Bruce. I passed you without any hassles.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal