Xtreme Gaming Network

Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood

Author Topic: Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood  (Read 31043 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2014, 12:40:52 PM »
Just saw an update to AC (21.5) - includes server changes and lobby changes eg. password on pickup servers is implemented.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2014, 03:00:26 PM »
Just saw an update to AC (21.5) - includes server changes and lobby changes eg. password on pickup servers is implemented.

Ahh, that would explain why I can't see the server atm - new client can't see old servers.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2014, 04:36:19 PM »
Yep, they automatically die.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2014, 05:27:58 PM »
Is it up, cos I cant see it?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2014, 06:11:34 PM »
Server's not up yet. I have to update it first. Be up in an hour, probably.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile

Offline marty

• View Profile

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2014, 08:22:01 AM »
It was a good night. Plenty of laughs and a few tears.

Here is Dick's 2 cents..
 Was good to see improvements in the net code or what ever it is. But still a bit of work to be done. There might not be jumping all over the place but now there are huge lag spikes which will cause cars to jump meters instead of a just jitter about.
  I think that was causing a few of the 1st corner incidents. Being one of the slowest guys ever to grab hold of a steering wheel I see a few of these incidents 1st hand.
  You don't win races by being overly cautious. Yes, got to give room. but giving more than is needed is going to cost you big time. I Know cause I do give tons of room and usually, if no one crashes, I'll be 200-500 meters behind by the 1st-2nd corner.
You all know it. you gotta be on the button 100% of the time.

I think warping / jumping caused most of the incidents last night. Even in a straight line I warped or was warped onto, almost directly on top of me. If that happens on the 1st chicane then it's going to get nasty.
     The cars go into auto-spin-of-death which is totally unrealistic most of the time. bad luck if you are near someone when this happens.
 Racing comes with a dose of bad luck that you need to be mentally prepared for. Just pull up your skirt and get on with it.
100's of laps, 100's of races yet to be had will also be ruined. It's part of the sport. Every 5-6 of my laps are ruined.
meh. There is always next lap.
Assetto Warpa is still in development so it's got it's own share of bad luck so we have to be ready for that too.

Shame Blackwood is broken. It's the nicest fantasy track I've seen and really enjoy it. and I'm very anti-fantasy track. It's got some awesome elements. If it was 100% I'd vote for it.

No matter how many laps i did. i could not break 1:12 i'm blaming Guybrushes set up.

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2014, 08:33:50 AM »
New Version out 0.9.9, lots of good fixes in this one.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackwood.2639/

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2014, 09:20:19 AM »
I had fun last night.  Some good racing in there.

I didn't really see much wrong with Blackwood.  The only obvious things were the black holes which I haven't come across since it's first release but apparently are there.  Once these are fixed, the grass has more "grassy" properties and the skid-marks are fixed it will be pretty much right IMO.  I'm tipping a lot of these are probably fixed in the latest update which has just been released...

There was the issue of getting beached at certain areas but this is probably more a result of the car and track combo than an error in the track conversion, as I'm sure there are tracks around the world where this could happen in real life.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2014, 09:29:30 AM »
Good fun yesternight.  I haven't seen the warping you talk about, Dick.  But on the replay there are some funny shit happening at the start of R2...

But there were a bit too many T1 incidents.  I've caused one in R2 I reckon.  Just had a quick look at the replay and I went in too hot locking up the fronts and sliding wide...sorry gents.

And btw LFS had only fantasy tracks, and they're pretty much all damn good.  RSC has one, too, and that's pretty darn good, too.  The fact is, people can make a very good fantasy tracks, same as real life. :)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:33:52 AM by Bird »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2014, 10:18:30 AM »
1st replay I looked at I found it. It was start of race 1.

classic warping that took two of us out. I couldn't stop spinning across the track. It's in 3x slow motion. I cut the clip in pretty early so it happens in the 1st few seconds.
watch the car directly in front.

someone learnered me how to youtube imbed but I has the forgets.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 10:22:19 AM by Dick Forrest »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 10:41:20 AM »

classic warping that took two of us out. I couldn't stop spinning across the track. It's in 3x slow motion. I cut the clip in pretty early so it happens in the 1st few seconds.

[youtube]YGIfuz8zcgs[/youtube]

I think that video needs some Attenborough voice over saying "Here is a very rare sighthing of formula abarths mating in the wild. See how Dick comes in from behind taking the unsuspecting abarth who then regects his advances. "

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2014, 10:59:29 AM »

[youtube]YGIfuz8zcgs[/youtube]

I think that video needs some Attenborough voice over saying "Here is a very rare sighthing of formula abarths mating in the wild. See how Dick comes in from behind taking the unsuspecting abarth who then regects his advances. "

I have a few ideas for commentary in the pipe line. I'm just getting the hang of premiere. Exporting at good quality and small size..
youtube is another story.
so hand over your export settings thanks Marty!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:56:07 AM by Dick Forrest »

Rolz

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2014, 11:35:06 AM »
That was a fun night... smashed my previous PB by close to a second so I was stoked... I think I was following Marty, so thanks for the race/brakeline and thanks Guybrush for the setup  ;D

Will review the "incident" on race 2 between Freezer and myself over my replay... lol all good, was racing and so far over the course of it all I've been pretty lucky to come out generally unscathed...

Still to qualify 10th (with my shiny new PB), get tapped... spin and end up 19th to get back to 12th was awesome fun in itself   ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal