Xtreme Gaming Network

Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood

Author Topic: Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood  (Read 30334 times)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Tue July 22 Trial Race: Formula Abarth at Blackwood
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »
Once again I surprised myself how much I enjoyed driving these cars.  With no memory of the track I was happy with 1:12, fighting it out with Dick on the RSR leader board for our positions :)
Pleased that the 'setup' now has 'generic' settings for FFB and FF with a 'sick' shoulder.
And Imp, race 2, THAT WAS ME! found the grass with the offside wheels and become a passenger veering across the track, sorry.
The skins look fantastic, the server in the races were 'rock solid' in my experience. So g8 work all round.
Race 2 I clicked the gearing *2 instead of *1 and found I lost my some pace, (sorry using that word with my racing  :P).
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2014, 04:17:56 PM »
For my first run in these cars it was a good night, they're pretty agile which for me is a preference over the more tail happy types.
Whilst I did see some small moments of warping I found no issues with the track in general.
Racing wise I ran super low downforce in the first race (2:2) which was great down the straights but had to nurse it in the bends.  Then I switched to the opposite (high DF) which allowed me to be alot more agressive.  Had a bit of a tangle with Rolz where whilst he moved over a bit I didn't appreciate the frontal length (unseen) of my car and to my surprise we hooked up.  Aside from that I had a good night of racing.

Offline insomniac

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »
Was a good nights racing, I couldn't believe how much grip the track had, felt the quickest in a long time.

I think I qualed around 8th for the first race but was way off pace on mediums. Then I played with my set too much, lost my HUD and lost my mojo. 2nd qual and race was just meh and the 3rd race was a disaster, ended up retiring.

Thanks to everyone that put up with dodging me on track. See you at Silverstone.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal