Xtreme Gaming Network

Turn of damage display (maybe)

Author Topic: Turn of damage display (maybe)  (Read 6856 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Turn of damage display (maybe)
« on: July 27, 2014, 02:53:55 PM »
Gents, there is a file under steamapps: assettocorsa\system\cfg\damage_displayer.ini
which has this in it:

[MAIN]
TIME=4
MAX_DAMAGE_KMH=60
POSITION_X=20
DISTANCE_FROM_CENTER_Y=-200

If you don't like the damage display, you could try changing some things to turn it off, like make TIME=0 perhaps, or change the KMH or position. I haven't had a chance to play with this yet.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: Turn of damage display (maybe)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 03:32:45 PM »
Thanks Wally... not too much of an issue on the 3 screens, but if I had 1 it would annoy me...  :o

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
Thanks Wally... not too much of an issue on the 3 screens, but if I had 1 it would annoy me...  :o

I just got a 3rd screen and I find it hard to see the damage icon as its on the far left screen which I can barely see with 3 28 inch screens. Sure makes racing so much easier and I can actually make passes now that I can see my insides.  ;)

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 05:35:51 PM »
I've seen the insides of a few people but never my own.

Wish I had 3 monitors!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 04:01:58 PM »
I've seen the insides of a few people but never my own.

Wish I had 3 monitors!

Here is the biggest advantage of triple screens, this is from last nite's side by side action. Sorry about the crappy pic but took it on my phone and I had to have it against the wall to get all screens in frame. The damage indicator pops up on the far left edge of the screen which isnt even fully seen in this shot.

Using that INI file I will try and move it to somewhere I can actually see it easier as its hard to see when driving the 98T without turning my head a long way left.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal