Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R5 - Denver Pepsi Center

Author Topic: S35R5 - Denver Pepsi Center  (Read 12264 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S35R5 - Denver Pepsi Center
« on: November 11, 2020, 08:16:45 AM »
Joe won the Ute race, also setting the fastest race lap, taking him up to 2nd place behind killagorilla. AGK pulled out a solid race win in the Supercars, seeing him jump up 5 places in the standings to be tied in the lead with Joe. A podium finish by Freezer takes him up 3 places into 3rd.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS

SEASON STATS

Round Points - Utes
Joe   300
AGK   276
Bacchulum   258
Phil.8   240
Wally   222
Freezer   204
bradc   192
AbleArcher83   180
Mael   168
Neville   156
killagorilla   0

Round Points - Supercars
AGK   300
Phil.8   276
Freezer   258
bradc   240
Mael   222
Joe   204
Wally   192
AbleArcher83   180
Neville   168

Penalties
Race 1
Joe ran wide exiting T2 and squeezed Killagorilla into the wall. There wasn't a great deal in it, but because it was a T2 breach of the “moving across to the other side” of the track rule, this is a 50 kg penalty.

Wally braked too late into the wide final turn and hit AbleArcher – 50 kg penalty.

Following that there was side-to-side contact between AbleArcher and Bacchulum – racing incident.

Race 2
Phil ran into the back of Joe while braking into a corner, spinning him – 50 kg penalty.

Season Standings - Utes
1. killagorilla, 1128
2. Joe, 1074
3. AGK, 948

Season Standings - Supercars
1. Joe & AGK, 1002
2. Freezer, 960
3. bradc, 948

We venture onto a street circuit, the Denver Pepsi Center (download). This is a temporary street circuit situated on the streets near the Pepsi Center, a basketball, hockey, and concert venue in Downtown Denver and in it's parking lot.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:44:04 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S35R5 - Denver Pepsi Center
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 10:28:27 PM »
11 laps in the Utes, 34 laps in the Supercars.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 04:57:15 PM »
Pinball !?
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 05:33:15 PM »
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 05:38:27 PM by Wally »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:52:28 PM »
Is anyone else finding this track looking very dark?
I'm seeing the dark walls looking almost solid black and hard to distinguish detail, especially defining the last turn
from the pit entry.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 07:40:58 AM »
Is anyone else finding this track looking very dark?
I'm seeing the dark walls looking almost solid black and hard to distinguish detail, especially defining the last turn
from the pit entry.
Yes, I found this one dark. I had to turn up the exposure here.

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 08:43:46 AM »
especially defining the last turn from the pit entry.

The last corner has the tyre wall on the inside and outside, that just blurs into one. It will take some time to get good muscle memory for that one.
The first lap I turned I entered the pits as I could not see the corner. :P
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 11:45:17 AM »
especially defining the last turn from the pit entry.
The first lap I turned I entered the pits as I could not see the corner. :P
Same here . . . :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 02:03:01 PM »
Here's the track in AC:

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 10:37:18 PM »
Pos    Driver    Car    Best lap    
1.    Phil.8    supercars_holden_zb    01:10.671    
2.    Mael    supercars_ford_mustang    01:10.972

You'lll be in trouble once I can drive without looking on the track-map Phil. After 12 laps I still do not know where the start/finish line is!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 07:57:44 PM »
What a crazy track that is. Good fun though. Could be some race carnage with all those walls! Can't see many passing places apart from the final turn.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2020, 09:04:10 PM »
Sorry to Freezer for the nudges...and to Brad for this silly thing. I was just too aggressive after Joe's glorious move...you're a hero...it was better to quit. I'm done...have fun.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 09:09:29 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2020, 10:13:06 PM »
I was just too aggressive after Joe's glorious move...you're a hero...

Thanks. I try my best.

In seriousness though I knew you were there, but I wasn't sure what Wally was planning on doing with letting us past. I was on the inside with full lock on but the car just wouldn't turn in and it drifted out and into you. If you read my race 2 review below you'll probably feel better. EDIT: Did you even watch the replay? I didn't touch you, you hit the wall on your own and bounced off me.

Started 1st but got a slight tag from Phil on the 1st lap and ended up back in last with pretty bad body damage which was slowing me down. Fought my way back to 4th then spent a while behind Freezer. With his ballast and my damage we seemed evenly matched. We came into the pits at the same time with me behind, and somehow I came out just ahead. Pulled out a small gap after a few laps; Phil and AGK way too far ahead at that point. On the second half of the last lap I blew the engine and didn't finish. Nil points.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 10:36:21 PM by Joe »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2020, 10:46:14 PM »
Results are up. Congratulations to Joe and AGK for the race wins

EDIT: Did you even watch the replay? I didn't touch you, you hit the wall on your own and bounced off me.
The way I saw it, you did run wide and squeeze killa into the wall. See the results section.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »
After last weeks starting failures i was extra careful off the line and managed to keep it clean for both races.
Qualified in my usual 8th spot for the utes and thanks to a few spinners found myself in 5th, only to let Wally by in the dying laps.
In Race 2 I  had a good battle with Ablearcher in the early laps before getting by which along with some more spinners found myself alone
for quite a few laps just trying to keep it clean.  Joe caught me mid race and the tyres were starting to go a bit so pitted on lap 18 and Joe followed me in.
Unfortunately I was a bit slow out of the box which gave Joe the overlap out of the pits.  From there I again focused on keeping it clean sitting in 4th for many laps.
I could keep Joe in sight but not do much about him and then suddenly on the last lap he is out and a slid through for a podium.
Pretty surprised to be 3rd on the supercars leaderboard given my slow pace in the utes which then sets the supercars grid . . . must be a few people sliding off!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal