Xtreme Gaming Network

S10 R1 - Mont - Tremblant - 7/09/2017 - 1966 Cam-Am Series

Author Topic: S10 R1 - Mont - Tremblant - 7/09/2017 - 1966 Cam-Am Series  (Read 16631 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S10 R1 - Mont - Tremblant - 7/09/2017 - 1966 Cam-Am Series
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »
I didn't enjoy failing to manage that much at all. No practice, default setup and incorrect tyre pressures probably didn't help much.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 09:02:45 AM »
I found the non Ford powered Lola a bit harder to drive after our fun run so I had to work on a new setup. I managed to qualify 4th and was happy with the way the car was handling , I could make a small mistake and the result would not be disaster. Thanks to Bacchulum mentioning the number of laps for a forty minute race I realised my calculation was in in error ,I had only allowed for 23 laps which meant I probably would have run out of fuel. Thanks Bacchulum :)
After the start with Phil and Mael starting from the pits and Bacchulum from the back there was only Seanus , AJ and Joe around me , Seanus quickly pulled away and AJ passed me early followed by Joe . I think Joe had the first off which allowed me to pass, even though I did slightly follow him and got two wheels in the grass but Joe spun right off the track!!  after that I was keeping pressure on AJ with Seanus keeping  a constant gap out the front. AJ finally succumbed and also had an off which put me in second place about 6 seconds behind Seanus. This remained the case for the next 15 laps or so ( felt like forever). I had been trying to workout how many laps I had done by looking at the info at the top of of the screen, to know when to pit, and was completely flummoxed , there was no lap counter there!!! I finally realised it was a countdown timer from 40 minutes  :-[ :-[ :-[.  By this time I had caught up to Imperious who graciously let me pass , this was the first car I had seen in quite awhile. I decided to pit next lap , still in second place at this stage and exited the pits still with no cars around me :( . I was now in 4th place which I did not really understand . On the next lap a car exited the pits right behind me and was on my tail, with just 9 minutes to go and having not made an unforced error yet, I got very nervous and I had no idea who it was. I decided not to fight for my position and let them pass giving away a podium spot, it was bloody Mael.
This was the way it stayed to the end with another car rapidly gaining on me which turned out to be Bacchulum. I had not seen Phil on track the whole race he must have gone past when I was in the pits , well done Phil to win from starting from the pits and with no fuel on board. Congratulations to Seanus , you drove a flawless race and Mael starting from the pits.
I was very happy with the result with only Seanus and me having"0" crashes and "0" offs.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 09:15:09 AM »
I think humper was on my tail most of the race. His and my lap times vied for slowest. His stats are the best however - 0 valid laps!!!!

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 09:55:41 AM »
well done all.  Good to see Gratulin back and Imperious.   Nice write up Denis, not sure how you remembered it all!
Sorry not up to doing much at the moment, I will be back ASAP.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2017, 10:33:44 AM »
I didn't enjoy failing to manage that much at all. No practice, default setup and incorrect tyre pressures probably didn't help much.

The car does seem extra-ordinary sensitive to tire pressures. I thought i heard somewhere that 28 was the target hot pressure so tried to set the car up for that. No matter what lines I drove, what camber or damper settings were used I could not average better than 1:44 to 1:43.

Then just before quali I had a look at Kunos's tire app which suggested 38 as the target pressure. Adjusting pressures brought me immediately into the 1:39's

For the race, I had a fun time. Some arguments with Phil, a wall and the fuel calculator lead to a solid 3rd place finish  :)  (BTW The wall won the argument)

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2017, 11:54:55 AM »
I think humper was on my tail most of the race. His and my lap times vied for slowest. His stats are the best however - 0 valid laps!!!!

:) It felt invalid too. On about lap 3 my steering went light like the FFback had been switched off. It was very difficult to correct a slide and took many laps to get used to it. Hoped it would come good when I pitted but no luck.

I thought I'd jumped you in the pits when we went in together and was very surprised to find you up the road from me at the end.

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2017, 08:53:10 PM »
Sorry i missed last night. it's been a pretty ordinary week - my 3yo has managed to score influenza... it's been interesting. jumped on and was about to jump on for some practice and realised it was the season start and the race was already underway. oh well. here's to a better week next week!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 09:21:58 PM »
I've got to say Humper, you were driving pretty good.
I started behind you and struggled to pass (due to you hitting your marks and not making mistakes).
Then I stuffed up and ended up behind you again and it was even more difficult to pass.
THEN, (repeat), I stuffed up again and you got by, again.
I was just about to give up when you pitted, so I was a little pleased I didn't have to risk it one more time. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2017, 11:12:46 PM »

The car does seem extra-ordinary sensitive to tire pressures. I thought i heard somewhere that 28 was the target hot pressure so tried to set the car up for that. No matter what lines I drove, what camber or damper settings were used I could not average better than 1:44 to 1:43.

Then just before quali I had a look at Kunos's tire app which suggested 38 as the target pressure. Adjusting pressures brought me immediately into the 1:39's

For the race, I had a fun time. Some arguments with Phil, a wall and the fuel calculator lead to a solid 3rd place finish  :)  (BTW The wall won the argument)
That's not really extra-ordinary, Mael.
That gain with 2-3psi change would be but a 10psi change is the difference between the tyre working or not. ;)

And which app told you that?
The only kunos tyre app I've seen just monitors the tyres and doesn't suggest. ???

2+2=√16

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 01:54:47 AM »
Content Manager reads the tyre info and puts it into 'Race Essentials' and/or  'Sidekick'.

There is sweet FA this app can't do!
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 08:08:51 AM »

That's not really extra-ordinary, Mael.
That gain with 2-3psi change would be but a 10psi change is the difference between the tyre working or not. ;)

And which app told you that?
The only kunos tyre app I've seen just monitors the tyres and doesn't suggest. ???
So what is the correct tyre pressure for these cars? Is it what Wally's app suggests?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 08:50:30 AM »
No Roo.
Wally's app reads the info off an .ini file, and mod cars aren't on that list.
I think it just defaults to your cold pressures.

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 09:03:54 AM »
No Roo.
Wally's app reads the info off an .ini file, and mod cars aren't on that list.
I think it just defaults to your cold pressures.
Thanks Bacchulum.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »
Content Manager reads the tyre info and puts it into 'Race Essentials' and/or  'Sidekick'.

There is sweet FA this app can't do!
I decided to work out how this worked since I was getting confused. What I found was

1.  Content Manager has a setting under "INTEGRATED" for Sidekick (see screenshot) and other apps such as Race Essentials, SRS, RSR etc.

2. From the Sidekick readme.txt file:

Q: Mod cars don't have colored temperature, pressure and brake values?
A: I have no way of knowing the ideal values for non-Kunos cars. However, you can use the awesome Content Manager launcher by @x4fab, which can generate the necessary data for Sidekick automatically.

The created lola_t70_rf2.ini file looks like this (see screenshot):

[lola_t70_rf2_vintage_v]
IDEAL_PRESSURE_F=36
IDEAL_PRESSURE_R=38
MAX_OPTIMAL_TEMP=80
MIN_OPTIMAL_TEMP=50

3. I need to ask Wally some questions on TyrePressureEngineer because I could not add the Lola to IdealPressures file properly. My values for pressure seem to get overridden by the app.
*** EDIT *** I deleted and re-installed latest version from Kunos forum post. That fixed the issue I think. I definitely had the wrong version of the App. It did (and does) say V1.0 in the .py file.

Here are the lines I added.

lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).fl = 36
lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).fr = 36
lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).rl = 38
lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).rr = 38
lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).minTF = 50
lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).maxTF = 80
lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).minTR = 50
lola_t70_rf2.vintage (v).maxTR = 80

Does this seem correct? Seems to work for me...
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:49:30 PM by Gratulin »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2017, 04:27:23 PM »
Thanks Gratulin I will give it a go. It never ceases to amaze me the depth of knowledge held by the XGN members  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal