Xtreme Gaming Network

Dirt Rally

Author Topic: Dirt Rally  (Read 13495 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Dirt Rally
« on: July 19, 2015, 10:09:16 AM »
I see ingame a few guys have this and Ive given it a bit of a go, still does some weirdness mostly low speed grip and weight shift seems a little slow. Also at times doing a scandinavian flick sometimes just understeers the car and fronts arent locked pressing handbrake doesnt make any difference there which is odd at times.

But overall its a fun rally game I think, some cars are more weird then others. Driving with shifter and clutch is a proper challenge. Even too much for me (missing way too many gears lol) Damage itself is very soft still, id like physical damage to be as brutal as reality where there is no driving away from a big rock hit and definatly not after nailing a tree.

Here is an onboard with ultra graphics at 1080/60 it looks real cool, I use the dash cam as the cockpit is a bit odd too. It looks real nice and runs great

Onboard video
[youtube]-0C6dLNRry4[/youtube]

Replay cams
[youtube]2T5TYQDl_Es[/youtube]

My view on dirt Rally, way more fun then P cars which I dont really bother with much as AC just drives so much better. Dirt Rally, RBR was probably a bit better physics wise still but its easily the best since then and should get better.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Dirt Rally
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 01:46:29 PM »
Looking forward to finding some time to play Dirt Rally... it can only get better and lets hope they do the work required.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 03:13:45 PM »
It can actually get worse...if they chose to dumb down the handling, etc...let's hope not, though.
The damage is really light indeed, and there are other issues.   
However, since it's pre-purchase, we've plenty of time to return it (1wk after release to be exact). ;)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 03:30:18 PM »
Seeing I didnt return Pcars and found out I didnt like it that much first day, it still has a glimmer of hope. I cant imagine they dumb down the physics they do have aids and better off making better physics and let people dumb them down if they like.

Thats one thing I never understood with many of the more arcadey titles like grid 2, the cars were so far from realistic I got nothing from it. Also first lap out I think I was faster then a real f1 car in a nissan gtr road car lol so something was very wrong there.

A few more locations, some proper modern wrc cars, and id be quite happy with that. No idea what that career mode business is about and likely will never try it, Its just fun to run stages and a full rally etc. If we can have some basic MP where we can run a full rally with no restarts it would be fun or even just a couple of stages. Rally cross could work well in it also for mp but I really havent read what they are planning to do etc. Its just been a better rally game came out. I had a few of the other dirt titles, some ok stuff in them but this is more what I want.

Offline ThyMelman

• Graphic Designer - thydesigns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 06:24:06 PM »
Im loving Dirt Rally at the moment. Purchased on the day it release early access on steam. In game leagues is our best bet. Have you had a look into them Marty?

And its worth getting into the career because you have daily/week/monthly multiplayer stages that you earn career money from. Its actually really nice.

Its got me interested no doubt and I would love to race.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 06:52:54 PM »
I've been meaning to get it. Looks good.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 09:24:25 AM »
The more I drive it the less I like it.   But it's ok for a full refund up till release +1 wk :)

The handling felt ok in the FWD season.  In the RWD there are really weird feelings.  The worst: when I go towards a corner and give it a bit of brake (while under throttle) to stabilise the car, the opposite happens; the car starts to turn in madly.   I've never seen/felt this in a RWD car before; this should cause understeer.   Can this be setup?  I can't think of anything that could cause this in an 80's RWD.

The same thing exists (exact same reaction from the car) in FWD - but there it's correct.   It helped me to win the FWD club championship, too :)

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 10:05:32 AM »
You guys running the FFB Mod/Files? Makes the odd sensations feel not so bad.

Im willing to be optimistic about the game because finally someones trying to do the right thing for the rally world. Early access means changes can be made. :) Im excited for the game and I continue to play it consistently.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2015, 10:23:32 AM »
RBR did the right thing...and many have tried before & after (with no success IMO). 

This isn't a "finally" thing, rather "let us have a go at it, too".

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 12:13:48 PM »
Yeah of coarse RBR did the right thing. Its the holy grail, but its in the past generation of games. Studios have tried and I 100% agree with you, though all you need to see is 5 second clips of the official WRC games to realise that the attempts shouldn't even really count.

Codemasters history in rally goes way back ofcoarse, and this is the only game that I get the sense that they are actually going for a proper rally experience. So for me, im 'finally' playing a current gen Rally sim game.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2015, 12:45:05 PM »

Im willing to be optimistic about the game because finally someones trying to do the right thing for the rally world. Early access means changes can be made. :) Im excited for the game and I continue to play it consistently.

the FFB file change by "msportdan"?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 12:59:27 PM »
Oh, interestingly the FFB does not feel wrong to me;  it's just a lot of wheel-work to get the car around, very unlike tarmac/track racing :D

Offline ThyMelman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2015, 05:34:26 PM »

the FFB file change by "msportdan"?

Ah I used to use 'msportdan's' file but now I use this one : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nerve-enhanced-ffb-for-dirt-rally-0-45.6564/

EmptyBox suggested this one and I think its great.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 05:41:49 PM »
Thanks, I'll give that one a try, too, maybe it's even better :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 11:14:10 PM »
I've tried the FFB mod and it feels nice indeed.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal