Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R6: Queensland Raceway Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R6: Queensland Raceway Race Chat  (Read 11705 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S23R6: Queensland Raceway Race Chat
« on: August 14, 2018, 11:23:30 PM »
With three wins at his home track, Kcender moves up into 2nd place, with Jeremy in 3rd and Matthew leading by 12 points. This round was Kcender's, Russ's, Doob's, Rob's and AbleArcher's best round this season.

RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   75
Matthew111   69
RussG   62
Freezer   58
Phil.8   57
Wally   56
Jeremy   54
killagorilla   50
Mael   49
ab156   47
Rob   46
Doobs   41
AbleArcher83   36
Keith   34
Dave O   25

Congratulations to Matthew on pole, and all 3 race wins to Kcender.

Penalties

Race 1
At the exit of turn 2, Jeremy veered towards the left suddenly into the side of ab156, sending him off the track. Because it was turn 2, you’re expected to stick to your side of the track more carefully. 25 kg penalty.

Race 2
Turn 2, Russ rubbed the side of Kcender, who had the inside line, unsettling Russ a little, who then continued to veer into Matthew at the corner exit. I’m calling that a sequence of racing incidents.
Turn 4, Killagorilla ran into the back of ab156. 25 kg penalty.

Race 3
Turn 6, Matthew veered right on exit, making Russ veer right on exit, into Jeremy. Racing incident.

Season Podium
1. Matthew.111, 346
2. Kcender87, 334
3. Jeremy, 325
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:04:33 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
Re: S23R6: Queensland Raceway Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 01:39:12 PM »
Can Am vs QR

[youtube]o4YExzWyUQI[/youtube]

Offline Ablearcher83

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 08:32:50 AM »
After turning a few laps of the this curicut (paper clip) I forsee a bit of mayhem in turn 1 and 2 with the bumps at both apex's. From my typical view from the back of the grid it should be interesting! I personally almost put the Dick Simth advertising sign between T1 and T2in to orbit, after a little excursion into the in field.
Intoxicated by the exubrance of my own verlocity

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 11:07:15 AM »
For a deceptively simple layout, it's got some tricky corners.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »
Won't make this one due to my rig looking like this....

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 01:47:23 PM »
The joys of moving house.
We just got a contract on our house subject to finance so I will be doing the same soon if they get the finance
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 02:13:54 PM »
For a deceptively simple layout, it's got some tricky corners.
Only due to the bumps, so skimping on construction costs was actually a good thing. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 03:28:50 PM »
The joys of moving house.
We just got a contract on our house subject to finance so I will be doing the same soon if they get the finance

We move next Tuesday. Been a long 10 week settlement but now feels like I need more time! Been trying to pack a little every day and am not too far off! Looking forward to setting the rig up in my new gaming room  8)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 04:10:02 PM »
Long settlement, ours if accepted is 30 days,  but I had a clause put in the contract allowing us to rent it back for 90 days at a good price as we have not found a house to buy yet with this crazy market and all you mainlanders coming and taking the good stuff :) I hope spring comes with some new listings
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 06:19:47 PM »
Server's up.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 10:22:19 PM »
Was a bad night...got more and more angry at myself about these stupid mistakes. Reg r2, sorry to the guys whose race I f'd up there at the sharp left hand turn in the middle...got confused about the braking marker...sh*

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 11:05:09 PM »
Results are up in 1st post.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2018, 11:17:12 PM »
I wasn't feeling good about this track in the early practice. I spun a lot, and it just felt slippery. And sure enough, on the opening lap of race 1, I had a self inflicted spin out onto the grass on cold tyres. But then for most of the remainder of the race, I was having fun chasing Rob, after whimping out and going for TC on setting 1 to try to avoid any more spins. We both eventually caught up to Doobs and had a nice little three way train going for a while, until Rob ran a tiny bit wide at turn 2 allowing me to pass. I couldn't pass Doobs though, who refused to make a mistake, and I finished just 0.2 behind him. Somehow I managed to put in the most consistent lap times in race 1.

Race 2 I was actually in 2nd place for most of the race courtesy of avoiding some early incidents. Phil had me under immense pressure. I knew he had the pace, but he couldn't find a pass. The best spot for him was sticking it inside at turn 4, where he could outbrake me. Lap after lap, there was Phil, trying the pass. Unfortunately Phil ran me wide (at turn 3, I think it was), and Russ and Matthew were there ready to pounce. But that was some good pressure racing. Matthew and Russ had a bit of a coming together in the dying stages of the final lap, giving me some hope of regaining some places, but I finished 0.3 behind Matthew.

Race 3 was much of the same. Bloody turn 4, with bloody Phil up my arse :) The combination of Phil + turn 4 was proving to be a real headache, lap after lap. Unfortunately, Phil didn't pull up in time on one attempt, and knocked me off the track, losing me a few spots. But again, enjoyable pressure racing.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 08:12:04 AM »
Sorry for the no show, I wasn't up to it. :'(

2+2=√16

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2018, 10:29:29 AM »
Long settlement, ours if accepted is 30 days,  but I had a clause put in the contract allowing us to rent it back for 90 days at a good price as we have not found a house to buy yet with this crazy market and all you mainlanders coming and taking the good stuff :) I hope spring comes with some new listings
Hope you find something you are happy with, soon Phil :)
social media is the tobacco of this century

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal