Xtreme Gaming Network

S21R1: Donington Park GP Post-Race

Author Topic: S21R1: Donington Park GP Post-Race  (Read 12433 times)

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: S21R1: Donington Park GP Post-Race
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 06:05:04 PM »
Matthew: I saw you in my mirror going straight out of that corner and could not understand why, as I did not think we were pushing too hard on that last lap... now I know why. Sorry to hear that.

Race 1: It was quite fun until the last lap spike. The start was a bit confusing with Phil going straight, but then we all settled down. You (Matthew) were much faster through McLean's and the chicane, but I seemed to have much more traction out of the two hairpins and the first corner, so every lap you were catching me and then losing me. There was once I made a really big mistake at Coppice and you had a chance, but I took the inside line to the chicane and, since we slowed down more for it, I was again away when traction counted. It would be interesting to see if it was all down to setup or if there is actually something different we were doing. From the replays, it looks like I was exiting the tight corners a bit straighter, so maybe there was something there... but then again, why?

Race 2: it was in general a much less eventful race, BUT! on lap 3 I had a mega-huge moment entering McLean's. I basically started to lose it through the fast left-hand bend... but I had to somehow also brake for McLean's... well, I have no idea how it remained (mostly) on the road. Much respect to Phil for avoiding the crash there! I think I was super-lucky and I would probably say it was an undeserved win.

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 06:40:50 PM »
Yeah it was hard to pull the move off as i tried to get you off line into the chicane to get the run on the exit but i couldnt manoeuvre the car properly just lacks that grip you think it would have lol, but yeah the corner exit traction was a killer because every time i felt i got a good run into a turn i lost it all on the exit lol, i felt maybe i had the tc too high at 6 and it was cutting power or maybe too high rear camber i dunno ill have to look into it, it was mainly on the tight hairpins.
do you even motorsports?

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 06:52:21 PM »
Yeah it was hard to pull the move off as i tried to get you off line into the chicane to get the run on the exit but i couldnt manoeuvre the car properly just lacks that grip you think it would have lol, but yeah the corner exit traction was a killer because every time i felt i got a good run into a turn i lost it all on the exit lol, i felt maybe i had the tc too high at 6 and it was cutting power or maybe too high rear camber i dunno ill have to look into it, it was mainly on the tight hairpins.
I think my TC was at 6 as well. Maybe 7. Surely not less.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 08:46:49 PM »
I am 6 as well
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 10:19:45 PM »
Had some good racing.
Race 1 went off track a little at T1 letting Freezer and Mael go past. Kept close behind them and got them back when they had contact between themselves at the first hairpin and I pushed my way through :o 4th place finish wasn't expected but very welcome  ;D ;D
Race 2 I was travelling nicely in 4th and staying with the leaders (let's not mention they had more ballast). When Kcender caught up I gave him an easy pass down the back straight as I thought it better than watching my mirrors all the time and also I thought he might mix it with the leaders and I would be ready to take advantage of any carnage  :o
But like all good plans, it fell apart when I wandered off track at the fast left going up the hill which let Jeremy get right on my ass. Another mistake let Jeremy past. Another mistake let Shayne close in rapidly and we had contact. I think Shayne waited and redressed and I rejoined in 8th I think. THEN, not accounting for the dirty tyres, I went wide at the next turn and spun around, Gratulin drove past and I was 10th. I past Gratulin at T1, but I must apologise as I wasn't purposely attempting a pass and I ran wide on the exit of the turn. Finished 9th which wasn't bad considering the number of own goals kicked  >:(

Currently not a fan of the points system as I finished 4th and 9th and only 9th for the round ....
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 10:31:19 PM »
SEASON STANDINGS
Just noticed it's still in alphabetical order, not points order.
Makes the 'pos' column incorrect.

Just sayin' ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »
SEASON STANDINGS
Just noticed it's still in alphabetical order, not points order.
Makes the 'pos' column incorrect.

Just sayin' ;)
Fixed. Thanks for showing that somebody actually looks at those standings :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:23:56 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2018, 07:59:41 AM »
Had some good racing.
Race 1 went off track a little at T1 letting Freezer and Mael go past. Kept close behind them and got them back when they had contact between themselves at the first hairpin and I pushed my way through :o 4th place finish wasn't expected but very welcome  ;D ;D
Race 2 I was travelling nicely in 4th and staying with the leaders (let's not mention they had more ballast). When Kcender caught up I gave him an easy pass down the back straight as I thought it better than watching my mirrors all the time and also I thought he might mix it with the leaders and I would be ready to take advantage of any carnage  :o
But like all good plans, it fell apart when I wandered off track at the fast left going up the hill which let Jeremy get right on my ass. Another mistake let Jeremy past. Another mistake let Shayne close in rapidly and we had contact. I think Shayne waited and redressed and I rejoined in 8th I think. THEN, not accounting for the dirty tyres, I went wide at the next turn and spun around, Gratulin drove past and I was 10th. I past Gratulin at T1, but I must apologise as I wasn't purposely attempting a pass and I ran wide on the exit of the turn. Finished 9th which wasn't bad considering the number of own goals kicked  >:(

Currently not a fan of the points system as I finished 4th and 9th and only 9th for the round ....
Yes, that's interesting. A 4th isn't going to be the same number of points in each race. There are better 4ths if you're further ahead than if you're 4th but further back from the leaders. It probably means that in race 2, someone got a better 4th than what you got in race 1.

E.g. You got 67 for your 4th, but Kcender got 80 for his 4th because he was further in front of the field.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:26:34 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal