Xtreme Gaming Network

S35R8 - VIR

Author Topic: S35R8 - VIR  (Read 8503 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S35R8 - VIR
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 10:38:49 PM »
Congratulations to the Utes champion, killagorilla, winning his 1st championship with a margin of 126 points, and to bradc also winning his first championship, winning the Supercars by a narrow 60 points. Well done guys!

Congratulations to the podiums:

Season Standings - Utes
1. killagorilla, 1956
2. Joe, 1830
3. buellersdayoff, 1800

Season Standings - Supercars
1. bradc, 1704
2. buellersdayoff, 1644 (more wins than Phil)
3. Phil.8, 1644

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 11:02:01 PM »
Whoohoo!!!  ;D
We all know who's been the fastest. I don't know about you guys, but my memory is bad enough to forget about this little irrelevancy pretty quickly ;)
Didn't get a clean qualy lap in, but was lucky enough to just make it on pole.
Well, the rest went as we've seen it many times before. There's so much at stake that I was probably a bit too nervous to do some really clean laps...little mistakes here and there...struggled more keeping Joe behind me than keeping up with Bueller.

Congrats to Brad...great to see someone else on top for a change.

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 11:05:41 PM by killagorilla »

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2020, 11:24:45 PM »
Simone would be so proud, I lapped Wally. Haaaahaha...
Congrats guys well done. Awesome season thanks everyone. Joe had been sponsored by "2020" it seems, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong lol.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 08:23:49 AM »
Simone would be so proud, I lapped Wally. Haaaahaha...
I had a shocker, with a couple of spins, and an excursion down a grassy hillside into a barrier which damaged both ends of my car. According to the delta, I was losing over a second per lap with the damage, so I pitted fairly early for repairs. Because I was pitting early, I thought I'd better go with the softs, but that was a mistake as I should have known by now, so I pitted again to put SS back on. At least I didn't run out of fuel in that race  ::)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 09:14:39 AM »
Congrats guys well done. Awesome season thanks everyone. Joe had been sponsored by "2020" it seems, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong lol.

Tell me about it. I was like surely I've run out of things to happen to fuck up my race. Nah, forgot about AC's glitchy barriers. Stuck in the barrier and thrown back to the pits with a penalty. Still had some fun racing  getting to overtake several people twice only not to finish  ;D

All went wrong from the start really. I got a better start that bueller and tried my luck around the outside, which as Mael had just pointed out really isnt where you want to be. That didnt loose me too many places, but then 3 wide down the start straight, got a wobble under brakes and a wheel on the grass and I was gone.

Well done to killa and brad. brad and agk super consistent throughout the super cars. And shout out to the new resident alien bueller who was untouchable in both cars all season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2020, 10:16:20 AM »
Here's some post-season stats:

It's hardly surprising that bueller took the best average finish, most wins, most podiums, most poles and most fastest laps. Unluckily for him, he missed a couple of rounds this season.
Most consistent lap times were set by Joe.
Best hunters were bradc and Joe.
Most hunted was bradc.
Busiest were Freezer and Joe.
Loneliest was... Mael?

And in the all-time stats, Phil is now the best performing driver.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2020, 12:41:13 PM »
Well done Killa and Brad , gratz  :D

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »
Wow, I can’t believe I’m managed to do a Bradbury and fall over the line to win a championship!

Last night’s racing was super hard. I found VIR in the utes extremely difficult. I just wanted to chuck it over the curbs and slide everywhere but when I did tried the front of the car wanted to bounce like a kindergarten kid in an inflatable bouncy castle! Whilst I know the secret was to drive smoothly and keep the car off the curbs, it wasn’t (for me) that much fun but after softening off the rear end of the ute, adapting my style showed much more pace as I soon moved from 12th in practice to 8th in quali.

Race 1 was interesting…..the first run winding up the up the hill was very tough as it was near on impossible to see the track due to the close proximity of everyone and I was mindful of making sure I didn’t get 4 track cuts on the first lap! On the cold tyres as I felt like I had good pace and after a couple of laps I managed to pull off a mega pass around the outside of Wally down the hill at turn 10. At the time it was more about my changing my line and hoping the ute would stick without touching the dirt and then heading backwards over the grass! After that it was about knuckling down and trying to get a back but by now Phil and co were more than 5 second up the road. The rest of the race was rather quiet until lap 5 when I felt like my tyres were cooked and a couple of mistakes made the going tough. For a moment there I thought AGK and Wally were going to get past and I was quite happy seeing Wally was behind me (knowing I needed to beat AGK in the supercar race), but then he wasn’t so I was going to start the next race 1 spot in front of AGK.

Race 2 was really weird sitting on the right hand side of the grid with Killa’s empty grid spot (Killa you really should have given the supercars a go!) to the left. From row 3 it looked like several cars were missing! I got a brilliant start from row 3 and was on the inside of Phil at turn one which got me far enough in front to see the leading Bueller driving off into the distance. I was able to hold off Phil into turn 3 and take 2nd place….from there on the stats say it was a boring race, but the reality was far from it!

What I found extremely interesting was that for once, Bueller wasn’t driving off into the distance and I think I was almost as fast as him! Sure I didn’t have his ultimate pace, but I think I was as quick as him on the cold tyre but whilst I could get close, he was still able to manage that 1 second gap, perhaps he was just toying with me….Towards lap 7-8-9 ish I was starting to struggle off the slow double right corner onto the back straight and that little bit of wheel spin on exit soon gave Bueller a 5 second lead, but as we headed closer to the pitstop I was able to get a lot of that back by a couple of lock ups.

When we both pitted on lap 11 I was 1 second behind, but credit to Bueller, he did a fabulous pit stop and I left the pits 5 seconds infront (again!). That 2nd stint I drove as hard as I’ve ever driven and pegged the gap back to 1.5s on the last lap. That stint went so quickly that it felt like the race was over not long before it had started. Whilst the dreamer in me thought I might be a chance for a win, the reality hit hard that the honest truth was that Bueller was really only playing and he didn’t make any mistake and took (yet another) well deserved win. It was only after the finish that I checked to see where AGK was and saw that he was 8th that I knew I’d fallen over the line to win the championship and time for some donuts!

Whilst I clearly was not the fastest in this season, it seems I had the good fortune of consolidating a good haul of points most weeks, so in hindsight it was kind of fitting that I was using the Rick Kelly Mustang skin, because if my memory serves correct he only won 1 race in his championship winning season too. 

Congrat's to Killa for the victory in the ute series, your pace was on another level!!!!

Thanks to Wally for a great season, there was so much variety this time and the mix of cars and tracks were a real masterstroke.

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2020, 07:07:59 PM »
The pressure was real Brad, I was pushing but also didn't want to go off into the grass, plus being fuel heavy and trying to be somewhat conservative with the tyres. With the pit stop I had only put 28lt as the fill was the same time as a tyre change, I noticed you put 45lt hence the time difference of our stops.
With the pace of Joe and Killa in prac/qual I thought I'd have hard battle on my hands (and it still was) but I just hunkered down and focus on my own driving and attempt to get it right every turn. With only a few minor mistakes I snagged the wins. Also seeing that Boost in my rear view was a little bit of relief, temporarily, until Brad started getting bigger in the mirror. Great racing, really enjoyed the season mix.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal