Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R1: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R1: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat  (Read 22507 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S15R1: Zandvoort Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2017, 08:13:31 PM »
Car was a pile of shit lol first time in it tried chucking a heap of setup changes at it but always responded worse, was so edgy and wouldnt turn for me so i struggled race 1 trying to keep up with the leaders to the point where the rear of the car would randomly snap on me so i just kept looping the stupid turd, ended up behind shameless drilled his car and quit lol. Told team to burn the car to a crisp

Race2: Didnt end up burning it down like i should have instead went with a thousand different changes trying to soften and stabilise the nugget which kinda worked I could keep a consistent pace and put my head down and make up ground without having to worry about the shit box looping on itself. Found my way to 2nd ahead of diehard on softs and had a good battle holding him back to the last lap.

This is going to be a long season for me in this car doesnt suit me at all lol

"Told team to burn the car to a crisp"
Funny report :)

Phil suggested cranking up the front bump and rebound to 8, and that helped settle down the rear for me.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2017, 08:15:43 PM »
I forgot to post up penalties last night:

Opening lap penalties
Race 2, Shameless ran into the back of Shayne and spun him - 100 kg penalty ballast for next race.
Seanus hit Chap, but Chap was in the process of spinning on a kerb, so deemed a racing incident.

Yeah it was an unfortunate situation, the car in front of Shayne slowed and we were close and I had no room to avoid it. I offered to redress but Shayne told me to go. Accidents happen though and happy to accept the penalty.

Looking at the Seanus and Chap incident I was a bit concerned about Seanus as I nearly slammed into him, he had already attempted a re-entry and parked himself in the middle of the racing line, I locked up trying to pull the car up to avoid him. Wouldn't that also constitute a 1st lap penalty for dangerous re-entry?

And in race 1 lap 8  on the 2nd/3rd corner chicane where Matthew punted me off to the wall under brakes and no redress is the ruling out on this?

I'll have to look at the Shayne re-entry to see if it was dangerous - I'll do that tomorrow night.
I only look at lap 1 incidents for penalties, otherwise I'd be up till 2am :)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2017, 09:12:13 PM »
I forgot to post up penalties last night:

Opening lap penalties
Race 2, Shameless ran into the back of Shayne and spun him - 100 kg penalty ballast for next race.
Seanus hit Chap, but Chap was in the process of spinning on a kerb, so deemed a racing incident.

Yeah it was an unfortunate situation, the car in front of Shayne slowed and we were close and I had no room to avoid it. I offered to redress but Shayne told me to go. Accidents happen though and happy to accept the penalty.

Looking at the Seanus and Chap incident I was a bit concerned about Seanus as I nearly slammed into him, he had already attempted a re-entry and parked himself in the middle of the racing line, I locked up trying to pull the car up to avoid him. Wouldn't that also constitute a 1st lap penalty for dangerous re-entry?

And in race 1 lap 8  on the 2nd/3rd corner chicane where Matthew punted me off to the wall under brakes and no redress is the ruling out on this?

I'll have to look at the Shayne re-entry to see if it was dangerous - I'll do that tomorrow night.

He wasn't talking about my re-entry, it was the re-entry of my team mate Seanus on the last corner. I didn't say to go after that incident Shameless but I do remember some others on the mic talking at the time, I think there might of been another coming together around the same time. I certainly wasn't talking on the mic as I needed to say a few foul words out loud to myself and then get back to business :D

You could only wait for so long anyway, I had to turn the car around and get it going in the right direction which took some time.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2017, 09:27:43 PM »
Right.. Seanus. Shaynus. Shameless. One of you three :)

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2017, 10:34:36 PM »
Can anyone please upload a complete race two replay?
I have a Race 2 replay which I could upload when I get home.

Race 2 replay - http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ca579clgyf3e5j/ks_praga_r1%40ks_zandvoort-zandvoort_osrw_20170110212122.7z

Can anyone upload a Race 1 replay?
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2017, 12:57:31 AM »

It was Seanus not Shayne, and it's all good. I don't expect you to go through the entire race.  I only notice most of the incidents when I go through to record for the videos.. which are sadly currently delayed due to software issues.

You didn't tell me to go Shayne? That is strange then, maybe it was someone else.  I pulled over and said over teamspeak to you that I was redressing and got a reply of "no no its ok just go", sounded like your voice so I slowly took off to be sure.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2017, 01:43:44 PM »
That's precisely what I did do, at the time, only to be abused. Perhaps this is not the league for me, but I'd like to thank Wally and Marty for the opportunity anyway.

Cleaned up by moderator. Respect other members.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 03:07:26 PM by Wally »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2017, 02:04:49 PM »
Hey .....this is for the new guys,yes i mean new to online racing,PLease guys,if you really like racing online with AC and competing with a very tough and experienced group you are very welcomed, and  XGN is the place to learn actually,,,you are going to have a ball thats for sure.

This is a sport,adrenaline gets  high and to control an ultra pumped 2 litres 350 HP racing car for 40 minutes requires balls and lots and lots of immagination,,,immagination?...yes  Immagine for a moment to be really there,the start(i love the starts) i drive,look in the mirror,see whos around me,guessing their moves,my brain and eyes go 360 for the first 4,,5 laps,looking ahead is paramount,sometimes i am prepared to lose a position or 2 to avoid contact so i can keep having ultra fun,remembering when you are and your braking points....,,,,,,for sure like in real life when i am immerse in adrenaline i am also aggressive,but at the same time is fun,so fun that when you finished a race(does not matter the position) and after sweating and swearing you only say to yourself........this is a real online experience.

Of course i will keep fucking ppl from behind and i am expecting other ppl to fuck me from behind,but please guys,lets stay put,stay with us.....you wont regret!!!

Simone
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:06:56 PM by Simone »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2017, 05:05:57 PM »
Perfectly put Simone, sums up what the online racing experience is all about and done properly why it is so addictive, it is not about winning!!!
It was racing online for 7 years before I won a race.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 05:11:01 PM by rooshooter »
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2017, 06:44:15 PM »
Car was a pile of shit lol first time in it tried chucking a heap of setup changes at it but always responded worse, was so edgy and wouldnt turn for me so i struggled race 1 trying to keep up with the leaders to the point where the rear of the car would randomly snap on me so i just kept looping the stupid turd, ended up behind shameless drilled his car and quit lol. Told team to burn the car to a crisp

Race2: Didnt end up burning it down like i should have instead went with a thousand different changes trying to soften and stabilise the nugget which kinda worked I could keep a consistent pace and put my head down and make up ground without having to worry about the shit box looping on itself. Found my way to 2nd ahead of diehard on softs and had a good battle holding him back to the last lap.

This is going to be a long season for me in this car doesnt suit me at all lol

"Told team to burn the car to a crisp"
Funny report :)

Phil suggested cranking up the front bump and rebound to 8, and that helped settle down the rear for me.

Yah ill need to have a test session and try a few things out
do you even motorsports?

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2017, 09:03:05 AM »
Quote from: RussG
Race 2 replay - ...

Thanks Russ.

And Dez, now I've watched my first lap last corner spin and reentry I consider it, 'no harm no foul'. As I suspect Wally did also.
So, sorry for the scare there.

Hey GzeroD
The Dez you r talking about is the one who used to organize the gt and gt2 races few years back?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2017, 11:04:57 AM »
Yes, Shameless is the same old Dez from all those years ago.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2017, 01:39:56 PM »
Yes, Shameless is the same old Dez from all those years ago.

LOL nice to see you Dez,its 9 metal here ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2017, 04:24:25 PM »

And Dez, now I've watched my first lap last corner spin and reentry I consider it, 'no harm no foul'. As I suspect Wally did also.
So, sorry for the scare there.

You and Seanus I think collided there?  it was Seanus I got the scare from lol.  You were further up the track.  These are hard cars to correct once you spin and take time to get back on track.

And Hi Simone :)
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal