Xtreme Gaming Network

S15R2: Nurburgring GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Race Chat  (Read 14867 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S15R2: Nurburgring GP Race Chat
« on: January 11, 2017, 08:05:39 PM »
2 x 14 laps at Nurburgring GP (Formula layout).

You will need the OSRW PIT MOD if you don't already have it. Unzip the download into your Steam assettocorsa folder.

Race 1 pit stop handicaps
Kcender87 - 18 seconds
Diehard - 6 seconds
Matthew111 - 6 seconds
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S15R2: Nurburgring GP Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 12:41:34 AM »
Did a few practice laps and found it a LOT easier than Zandvoort. Bit wider, less bumpy and spinning does not  leave you in the middle of the track.

Hopefully Phil can knock up a setup for us in which would allow the Schumacher-S to be taken flat out!

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 12:50:34 AM »
Did a few practice laps and found it a LOT easier than Zandvoort. Bit wider, less bumpy and spinning does not  leave you in the middle of the track.

Hopefully Phil can knock up a setup for us in which would allow the Schumacher-S to be taken flat out!

I can take it flat out in 4th and changed to 5th through it :)
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 12:58:19 AM »

You must be getting a slower exit from the hairpin then as i had to lift very slightly.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 01:26:13 AM »

You must be getting a slower exit from the hairpin then as i had to lift very slightly.

I'm flat in 4th and changing into 5th just coming to the exit and I'm not lifting off.. but as I'll be carrying 100kg lol I'm sure that will change :)
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 12:05:01 PM »

I dont think it is really that critical a section to take flat, if you need to lift on entry for a better exit then lift on entry. If your setup can go easy flat then do that but I would set the car up for the rest of the track and then just take that corner however that setup allows depending on tyres and fuel at the time. Trying to set the car up just to go easy flat here will likely make it rather slow everywhere else and net result will be quite a fair loss over a lap, also its not like this is a passing opportunity mid chicane or even on exit.

It is a place you can easily make spots on exit though with all those over diving the corner and ending up off track ahead where even a huge lift or brake on entry will gain that handed over by the guy ahead trying to go flat. :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 09:04:04 PM »

my last setup is not working as well here :(
  but my new setup seems ok, havent tried that bit flat yet,   hope i can do it flat though so my times get better
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 09:19:02 PM »

my last setup is not working as well here :(
  but my new setup seems ok, havent tried that bit flat yet,   hope i can do it flat though so my times get better

Did you put it on stracker? Still waiting for baby to fall asleep so i can get my fix...

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 09:31:27 PM »
Hopefully I'll make this one. :-X
I've worked out how to connect to the practice & pit stop server, so hopefully race night is as successful. :-\

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 11:23:15 PM »
This will be my only round of the season, seeing there were 24 starters last round and at least 3 or 4 that missed that round will likely be here it could be the biggest field weve had so far this round as long as you guys havent scared off too many of the new guys.  ;)

This car is quite a challenge around here I dont know if its changed much since the pre season test but those that said it was boring to drive clearly arent pushing it hard enough.

Regarding the Schumacher esses comparing my best lap against others on ptracker it doesnt look like many of the quicker guys are flat there. I do a fair lift on entry only Kcender is a little quicker on the apex but he is also running a bit more aero going by top speeds. I really dont see this as a very critical part of the lap here and going flat in is slower for me then a lift as I do get more loose.

I just noticed the time gaps and it seems 18 seconds is a bit too much, I dont know how thats worked out but it may be based on gap to next car in which case I think it would be best to just win by the smallest possible margin for the rest of the season. This may be how they handicap the drivers in the real series but I think a success ballast type of pit handicap on past race position or season order may be a bit fairer for those up front.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 09:03:49 AM »
v1.11.4 hotfix
- Corrected Praga R1 FFB values
- Corrected Toyota Supra limiter sounds
- Balanced Bmw M4 overall volume
- Balanced Bmw M3 e92 exterior volume
- Added #910 livery to Porsche 911 GT3 R

I have no idea if you'll actually notice any difference in the FFB.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2017, 09:06:30 AM »
Re the time gaps, it's as I spelled out, which is as per real life. If you win a race, you get an extra 9 seconds. Kcender87 has won both races so far.

In fact, in real life, you get an extra 15 seconds per win, but their races are longer, so I've scaled the delay back accordingly.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2017, 09:51:16 AM »
v1.11.4 hotfix
- Corrected Praga R1 FFB values
- Corrected Toyota Supra limiter sounds
- Balanced Bmw M4 overall volume
- Balanced Bmw M3 e92 exterior volume
- Added #910 livery to Porsche 911 GT3 R

I have no idea if you'll actually notice any difference in the FFB.

Seems the server will need an update, as I dont know how the pit server is setup Wally can you update it and restart all servers please.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2017, 09:57:28 AM »
Hey guys i hate asking again but i am trying to check other ppl times lap on the server,i searched through the apps section but is kind of confusing for me can someone help please.

FFB for praga is very fine and fun,,i love AC now,,,,,a lot :-*

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2017, 10:06:28 AM »
Hey guys i hate asking again but i am trying to check other ppl times lap on the server,i searched through the apps section but is kind of confusing for me can someone help please.

FFB for praga is very fine and fun,,i love AC now,,,,,a lot :-*

The stracker link is always in the first post of this thread.

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=837.0

The link should be pretty much the same for tuesday server stats unless I need a full server reset. That rarely needs to happen and its been many months on the same link now.

If you have ptracker ingame you can also see all this data there, in ptracker you need to go to the server laptimes and may need to select xgn tuesdays server to see current laps.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal