Xtreme Gaming Network

S23R7: Putnam Park Race Chat

Author Topic: S23R7: Putnam Park Race Chat  (Read 14849 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S23R7: Putnam Park Race Chat
« on: August 21, 2018, 11:29:55 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
RACE 3 RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS
SEASON STATS

Round Points
Kcender87   76
Phil.8   68
Matthew111   67
Bacchulum   58
Jeremy   56
Keith   56
Mael   52
buellersdayoff   52
RussG   50
ab156   46
Freezer   45
Wally   38
AbleArcher83   35
Doobs   32
Dave O   22
Mac87   19
killagorilla   15

Congratulations to Kcender on the clean sweep - pole, and all 3 race wins.

Penalties

Race 1
Bacchulum ran into the back of Mael, but only because Mael braked suddenly, taking Bacchulum by surprise – racing incident, that unfortunately had some knock on effects.

Race 2

At turn 1, Jeremy turned into RussG. For not sticking to his side of the track in the 1st 2 corners and causing an incident – 10 second penalty.
There was a subsequent side-to-side impact between Freezer and Killagorilla – racing incident.

Race 3
Keith had an off by himself after clipping the grass, which caused a few impacts – racing incident.

Final Season Championship Standings
1. Matthew.111, 413
2. Kcender87, 410
3. Jeremy, 391
--------------------------------------
Aug 28: Putnam Park (no chicane) [DOWNLOAD]

Putnam Park is a road course in Indianapolis, Indiana.

This is the final round, with Matthew 12 points clear of Kcender in the championship standings. Jeremy and Phil are separated by only 2 points in the battle for 3rd, and with Jeremy carrying penalty ballast, Phil may be able to move up into 3rd.

Weather: 21, 25 and 25 with moderate winds.
3 x 18 lap sprints.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 10:58:39 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Re: S23R7: Putnam Park Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 11:21:09 AM »
Hi Wally,
Server no worky.

"WARNING: This server's available slots exceed the number of pitboxes for Putnam Park GP"
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 12:37:56 PM »
Hi Wally,
Server no worky.

"WARNING: This server's available slots exceed the number of pitboxes for Putnam Park GP"
Thanks, I'll check it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 02:50:41 PM »
Hi Wally,
Server no worky.

Hey you suppose to be at work Russ  :P

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 08:12:23 PM »
Should be fixed.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 08:26:59 PM »
what's fixed..? Russ being at work, or the server?

Offline RussG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 08:53:31 PM »
Hi Wally,
Server no worky.

Hey you suppose to be at work Russ  :P

No work for me today  ;D ;D ;D
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 10:34:04 PM »
what's fixed..? Russ being at work, or the server?
;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »
SEASON RESULTS

And the season 23 champion is... Matthew111, by 3 points from Kcender87.

Champion: Matthew111, 413 pts
Runner Up: Kcender87, 410 pts
Third: Phil.8, 391 pts

Congratulations to Matthew on his 5th championship, and to Kcender and Phil on their  podium finishes.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 11:06:42 PM »
Full round results are up in the 1st post.

Here are some final season stats:

Best average finish: Matthew, 2.7
Most wins: Kcender, 8
Most podiums: Matthew, 18
Most poles: Kcender, 4
Most consistent: Kcender
Hunter: Phil
Hunted: Matthew
Busiest: Phil
Loneliest: AbleArcher83, Dave O and Mac87

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 11:21:00 PM »
Wasn't that keen on these cars to begin with but warmed up to them from bikernike track onward so the season was pretty good all in all. I do however prefer (any) race cars over road cars, particularly one's with diff/trans whine and a whole lot of snap crackle and pop from the engine/exhaust, even the cars with squeaks inside the cab (don't think it's the actual suspension, is it?). Anyways..
R1 bumped into Russ near turn 1? but was because I had someone else right onto me as well, sorry. Ran most of the race behind ab156 was a lot of fun we only traded places when we made a mistake. I also let bacchulum go by when I spun toward the end of the race.
R2 tee-boned Russ when he'd spun (sorry again) In the middle of the pack had nowhere to go. The rest of the race was kinda lonely.
R3 tee-boned Freezer when he'd spun (sorry) similar situation but not sure which way to go. Tailing Wally for most of this race and really didn't think I'd get chance to pass but finally got a good run out of the last turn which set up a draft and clean move up the inside of turn 1, bad luck on the spin after that Wally. Also a little distracted by Daveo's open mic for most of this race, is there a way to use push to talk?
As always great racing with you guys despite the incidents, thanks again for the great fun.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 11:31:26 PM »
Many thanks to Wally for putting in the hard work that's required to make the season happen.

Great racing tonight for those that I battled with and my apologies to Freezer for the Race 3 lap 1 incident that you got caught up in.

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2018, 07:35:49 AM »
R1: Braking started earlier than expected so I went off in order to avoid chaos.
R2: Jeremy was running into me a bit too often and the second time Russg was taking advantage out of it...we were going side by side, had slight contact being right next to each other and then Russg went into me left rear end which resulted in both of us going off. Instead of redressing he just went off.
I noticed I was a bit too aggressive on Ablearcher after this, which I finally got in trouble with...enough for the night...no fun...will make adjustments to my driving style with when racing Jeremy and Russg.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 07:51:16 AM by killagorilla »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 08:10:56 AM »
I'm glad to hear that Bueller came to like the car. That's a common story, where people aren't that keen on a car to start with, but it grows on them. Keep that in mind for future seasons ;)

My first race was a shocker because I tried a setup experiment, where I made the rear cambers as unoptimal as the front cambers to blanace the car, using the Camber Extravaganza app. I knew you could never get the front cambers to their sweet spot, so I tried to make the rear cambers equally bad to balance front and rear grip from camber. Well, that didn't work. The car was really unstable while cornering and badly prone to snap oversteer, so race 1was just hard work.

I reverted to my Queensland setup for the next races and that was much better. I still spent most of my time towards the rear of the field, but had some really good racing with Bueller pressuring me, and also me chasing AbleArcher who was also under pressure from ab156 but didn't crack. Made it hard work but a lot of good racing.

For Killagorilla, have you watched the replays? I haven't myself, and you may be right or you may be wrong, but my point is to make sure you have at least watched the replays before you make judgements.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 08:25:25 AM »
That was not much fun.

Race 1: Tried to avoid someone else's accident and didn't.

Race 2: Tried to avoid someone else's accident and didn't.

Race 3: Avoided all others accidents by spinning off the track at least three times myself. I don't know what happened but the car was awful so it's possible I forgot to load my setup.

Good season though, thanks blokes.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal