Xtreme Gaming Network

All time driver and practice server stats

Author Topic: All time driver and practice server stats  (Read 103250 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:45:28 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Perch

• View Profile
Re: All time driver stats
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 07:50:18 PM »
On the topic of stats, it might be an idea to add the stracker link to the OP as it's slipping further down the front page.

http://54.66.161.14:8080/lapstat

On that note it seems like it's been down most of the day. Could that have sometime to do with you restarting the server, Wally?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: All time driver stats
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 09:36:56 PM »
On the topic of stats, it might be an idea to add the stracker link to the OP as it's slipping further down the front page.

On that note it seems like it's been down most of the day. Could that have sometime to do with you restarting the server, Wally?
Fixed. The IP address changed when I restarted it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: All time driver and practice server stats
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 09:37:14 AM »

Put a fixed public IP on it - it's called "Elastic IP" and you get one free with each instance.  There's a limit on how many you can have but you can always ask for more.  It has the advantage that even if you need to completely re-build the instance - say on another subnet even - you can still have the same IP re-assigned to it, and no need to touch DNS.  Great system. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 11:11:25 AM »
On the topic of stats, it might be an idea to add the stracker link to the OP associated it's slipping further down the front page.

Put a fixed public IP on it - it's called "Elastic IP" and you get one free with each instance.  There's a limit on how many you can have but you can always ask for more.  It has the advantage that even if you need to completely re-build the instance - say on another subnet even - you can still have the same IP re-assigned to it, and no need to touch DNS.  Great system. :)

I thought you had to pay for a fixed IP. I have one for the race server.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »
From here:
http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/

Elastic IP Addresses

You can have one Elastic IP (EIP) address associated with a running instance at no charge. If you associate additional EIPs with that instance, you will be charged for each additional EIP associated with that instance per hour on a pro rata basis. Additional EIPs are only available in Amazon VPC.

To ensure efficient use of Elastic IP addresses, we impose a small hourly charge when these IP addresses are not associated with a running instance or when they are associated with a stopped instance or unattached network interface.

Offline Wobblyone

• Adrenalin is brown...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 12:30:24 AM »
How do u look at the servers best lap times..is it that link? I can't open it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 06:57:59 AM »
How do u look at the servers best lap times..is it that link? I can't open it.

The server might have stopped. There was a 1.1.1 release.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 10:50:02 AM »
FYI, I've put Marty's banlist on the practice server, so that should filter out some idiots. Anyone can become an admin with the usual password and kick someone who is blatantly wrecking or griefing. They will be automatically added to the banlist.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 12:52:33 PM »

FYI, I've put Marty's banlist on the practice server, so that should filter out some idiots. Anyone can become an admin with the usual password and kick someone who is blatantly wrecking or griefing. They will be automatically added to the banlist.
How long did that take to load? It's about a gig of data I believe!! :))

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »

How long did that take to load? It's about a gig of data I believe!!
No, it's not big at all. It's only a list of 328 GUIDs.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 03:46:25 PM »

How long did that take to load? It's about a gig of data I believe!! :))

The banlist has not been as busy lately as Ive been running penalties on my servers now and people arent straight cutting so many chicanes any more. They seem to have figured out that your meant to try and drive the chicane not the quickest way which may be an escape road, grass or even sandtrap.

Its good to have the xgn practice server open to get the name out to new people, but like the other nite when I was on there some guys were just doing donuts and ramming others for fun so I left and put up my own with that combination. Now I dont need to and can just run on this one if I want some league practice. With Stracker running its also nice to see the laptimes others are getting there.  ;)

Offline mooface

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 04:10:54 PM »

Explains why i cannot get in, I am still banned on Marty's servers for some reason.

Im guessing i will have to contact you Wally once Marty lifts my ban on his servers?

Moo.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 05:00:59 PM »

Explains why i cannot get in, I am still banned on Marty's servers for some reason.

Im guessing i will have to contact you Wally once Marty lifts my ban on his servers?

Moo.

I just checked you were still on my blacklist must have forgot to take it off, Wally will need to remove it from the xgn server. You should be able to get into my servers now.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal