Xtreme Gaming Network

S241R6 - Goodwood Race Chat

Author Topic: S241R6 - Goodwood Race Chat  (Read 21430 times)

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
Re: S241R6 - Goodwood Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 11:57:00 PM »
was a bit concerned about the wet race basically having to do a new setup on the car but managed to seek out the grip - karting wet lines everywhere and paying a lot of attention to grip coming and going made the race hella intense - high levels of concentration to not have big offs - for 'faking' the wet track its pretty damn good

race 2 was luck and luck only - would have been tight at the front but for the tangle in front of me on turn one - kept it together but took a good few laps to get used to having grip again lol

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2018, 12:06:30 AM »
That did nothing but piss me off tonight

After the first few laps in the wet I thought the same. But as I concentrated on just making it to the end of the race I found that it started being fun, especially chasing Bueller. Got lucky on the second last lap with him gifting me the position  ;D

Had a bit more hope for race 2 since I did a number of laps in practice. The leaders made a complete mess of the first lap leaving Keith and me in the podium positions. I was hoping Keith would just take it easy for a few laps since neither of us get many opportunities for podiums. But he pushed a bit too hard giving a passing opportunity and a podium as long as I stayed on the black stuff.  Freezer showed some serious pace to catch me and Keith, made for a good battle until Keith sadly disconnected? Sorry for holding you up from there Freezer!

I also feel we all have to apologize to KCender, he must have been bored stiff during race 2   ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2018, 08:48:24 AM »
Race 1  !!!!    One of the best race in a long time in terms of concentration and tactics,i really had fun and i have to say thats what happen when i put some practice into the game.Even if the  wet race at Goodwood was a fake real time weather is going to be a real challenge and a key player in any sim.

Race 2 >:( >:( >:(  well i really want to apology to joe,after the big mess i did look if anyone was coming but i honestly thought you were just recovering from the mess and i thought you were much slower than that,,,,sorry mate big mistake from me!!

Good fun!!! 

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2018, 09:37:19 AM »
well i really want to apology to joe,after the big mess i did look if anyone was coming but i honestly thought you were just recovering from the mess and i thought you were much slower than that,,,,sorry mate big mistake from me!!

All good Simone these things happen.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »
Race 1: Too many restarts! Whilst the practice was great, when we finally got to the real and actual race start I forgot to select a gear and mine was a disaster, thanks to everyone who managed to get past me cleanly! Once the race was started I really enjoyed it. Whilst it was tricky to find grip I really enjoyed the slippery nature and got used to it quickly. I actually found myself steer in on the wheel and rotating the car from the apex on the throttle which was immensely enjoyable  8) I pushed really hard to get to 4th and it looked like I was starting to bridge the gap to 3rd when I started to feel comfortable and was looking at delta times and then promptly fell off the track when I was a potential 1m35 appear on the dash. A few laps later it was a similar mistake so in the end I just calmed down and settled to slid my way to 4th, which I think is a PB for me on a Tuesday night!

Race 2: Same gear issue on the start line, when we actually started (for real). I'm not sure if it's a dodgy shifter or a game bug but I found I couldn't select any gear until the 5 lights started to appear, at least this race I was in 1st the light went out....Another great start and 3 wide into turn 1 was epic! Actually leading a Tuesday night race was rather cool until I got to my boogie corner and then proceeded to understeer off into the weds on stone cold tyres. I appeared in 4th and was extremely close to Phil going into turn 1 when front to rear contact was made. I stuffed up! It appeared that I was carrying a lot more speed into the second part of the double apex corner where I was lifting and sliding, it looked like Phil was braking and I ran up the back of him ruining both our races - sorry once more! Rejoing down the back and eventually had a couple of good battles with Russ towards the end, but in eventually a race of if's, but's and maybe's but no result......

I really enjoyed the wet race so much more than the dry and would love more of this. Was it possibly the hardest online race I've done to date and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2018, 05:57:19 PM »

I really enjoyed the wet race so much more than the dry and would love more of this. Was it possibly the hardest online race I've done to date and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The wet race was so much fun I nearly purchased ACC
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2018, 06:13:07 PM »

Just buy it Phil, you'll only buy it later when its more expensive  . :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2018, 07:25:33 PM »

So far, the wet racing doesn't feel quite so hair raising, but then we do have proper wet tyres.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2018, 12:37:51 AM »
That did nothing but piss me off tonight

After the first few laps in the wet I thought the same. But as I concentrated on just making it to the end of the race I found that it started being fun, especially chasing Bueller. Got lucky on the second last lap with him gifting me the position  ;D

Had a bit more hope for race 2 since I did a number of laps in practice. The leaders made a complete mess of the first lap leaving Keith and me in the podium positions. I was hoping Keith would just take it easy for a few laps since neither of us get many opportunities for podiums. But he pushed a bit too hard giving a passing opportunity and a podium as long as I stayed on the black stuff.  Freezer showed some serious pace to catch me and Keith, made for a good battle until Keith sadly disconnected? Sorry for holding you up from there Freezer!

I also feel we all have to apologize to KCender, he must have been bored stiff during race 2   ;D

I enjoyed the wet.
I didn't enjoy being part of someone else's problem several times...in both races. Rage quit so I didn't swear and whine during the races.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal