Xtreme Gaming Network

MX-5 Mazda on it's way for Assetto Corsa

Author Topic: MX-5 Mazda on it's way for Assetto Corsa  (Read 25512 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: MX-5 Mazda on it's way for Assetto Corsa
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 06:11:47 PM »
So its been released and has a soundfix thats seperate? Does it not come with the download. I will put these up on a nords server tonight if anyone wants some sprint races in them. Was going to try a few cars but what better place to test a car.
I always test a new car at Nords. ;D 8)
It has every type of track in one, ie. slow corners, fast corners, change of direction sections, straights, crests, hell, it even has a banked corner! ;D ;D

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 06:29:34 PM »
Nords is good, but there never seems to be any close racing there, well rarely anyway.  Fun for hot-lapping though.  It's a track I always think is OK-ish but once I start driving it's better, just a shame that not many people know the layout so there is a big discrepancy and lots of crashes between those that do and don't.  I still wouldn't know it if it weren't for the league race we did.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 06:38:32 PM »
OT
I like the way my karma is my race number  8) , so please, no applauding or smiting please. >:(

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 06:50:37 PM »
Nords is good, but there never seems to be any close racing there, well rarely anyway.  Fun for hot-lapping though.  It's a track I always think is OK-ish but once I start driving it's better, just a shame that not many people know the layout so there is a big discrepancy and lots of crashes between those that do and don't.  I still wouldn't know it if it weren't for the league race we did.

Isnt that the same for you everywhere though, if your out front its just hotlapping a shorter track the only thing that makes a difference is you may lap someone sooner. Those closer to you pace wise wont be near or lapped same as they wont at nords. There are a few that know the track but then even shorter tracks many dont know them that well so it still seems much the same. The best thing about nords is you can always drive it a little better as it takes a long time to find the best way arpund each corner unlike some short track.

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2015, 09:41:06 PM »
Might be good for the Thursday night fun night, but maybe too similar to the Alfa

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »

Might be good for the Thursday night fun night, but maybe too similar to the Alfa
That is not a problem!!!!

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2015, 10:24:40 PM »
Yeah, we gots ta do a season with tthis mod.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2015, 11:19:33 PM »

Its 30 seconds slower then the Alfa around Nords.  ;) Quite a different car to drive, not sure about no close racing but I ran a few races with Victor86 with a ping of 370 odd and we barely had a tenth between us most of the races. Damage doesnt seem to effect the car much it drives nice but having never driven one of these or anything similar probably closest would be a z4 power wise but thats front engine and when I jumped in one of those I was shocked it was so gutless. Actually that may be the car closest to this in AC but Z4 probably has more power still.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 04:37:35 AM »
It seems to handle really well.  A tip though -  make sure you change the tyres to the modern one's.

These things were great around Magione last night.  Finally a car that suits that track!  I think there were twelve of us and we were all within a couple of seconds,  so it should hopefully be like the M235i and create some close racing.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 11:19:01 AM »
I did a couple of laps last night, I was a minute behind Marty's time!
Certainly good physics, to me, like the real road car.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 12:20:23 PM »
Had a few on at Nords not many maxed at 7 with a few of us running with 3 or 4 seconds per lap. GB came and cut the grass for a while then left off to his prefered short courses. Here is one of the few good battles I had with Victor 86 both on the limit and put lap times where within a few tenths each lap and thats at Nords.

Also his ping is 370 so shows you can both race close at nords and with guys that have solid connections from europe.

[youtube]UudAu2c8nWI[/youtube]

Grip wise it feels it has a tpuch too much for a narrow modern street tyre. On the Nords server grip was at 96% +-1 and still even though going fairly slowly felt a bit grippy if compared to the ac street tyres.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 01:20:43 PM »
Marty, these little cars in real life do handle well and have gooooood grip on modern tyres, my wife has had two. They were giant killers, hers were a bit better than most, as it was a limited Australian special, "Clubman" with Bilstien suspension as one of the mods.
I found this like the early ones, although the sounds seem to be from the turbo version, and I do like the iduction noise...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2015, 02:38:25 PM »
Not sure what giants they would kill but Id take my r33 over an mx5 any day if it was a race.  I think the only real life car ive driven with similar power to this is a rental kart. Still a crappy kart can be fun just as these can but you wouldnt want to race against most cars that arent made by reliant. ;D

Offline ThyMelman

• Graphic Designer - thydesigns
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2015, 04:33:40 PM »
So, where can I go to find server passwords without you guys having to PM me?  Trying to join the Miata Nordy Server

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »
So, where can I go to find server passwords without you guys having to PM me?  Trying to join the Miata Nordy Server
pm sent

the xgn passwords shouldn't change for a looong while.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal