Xtreme Gaming Network

Brands Hatch GP Race 2 Highlights - Thurs 15th Dec 2016

Author Topic: Brands Hatch GP Race 2 Highlights - Thurs 15th Dec 2016  (Read 7410 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Brands Hatch GP Race 2 Highlights - Thurs 15th Dec 2016
« on: December 18, 2016, 02:49:48 AM »
I had to ditch sony vegas pro after too many crashing issues trying to encode videos, plus I wasn't happy with the encoding capabilities.  I am now using Adobe Premiere Pro.  I only got a copy tonight on trial to test so this video is missing any text on the bottom bar for cams etc for now.

The encoding has dropped from 1-2hrs from sony vegas to 30-45mins in premiere pro with better quality and the same filesize.

Thanks Phil for an awesome season and to all who participated.

Enjoy in 1080p @ 60fps

« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 02:54:43 AM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
Re: Brands Hatch GP Race 2 Highlights - Thurs 15th Dec 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 05:14:51 PM »
wow, time to watch it again, thanks Des.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 05:47:03 PM »
It's fun to watch, but I'm not a fan of the tilted interior views. I prefer them just level.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »
It's fun to watch, but I'm not a fan of the tilted interior views. I prefer them just level.

Yeah it's difficult to find a good spot that isn't standard for the inside views. I might just go back to a straight F, B, L & R full window view from the inside. I was trying to maximise the viewing so you can see in front and out the side as well.  Different for every car. I'd love to just make my own set of camera views and then be able to select them rather than re make them each time I switch to a new viewing position.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 10:41:07 PM »

Yeah it's difficult to find a good spot that isn't standard for the inside views. I might just go back to a straight F, B, L & R full window view from the inside. I was trying to maximise the viewing so you can see in front and out the side as well.  Different for every car. I'd love to just make my own set of camera views and then be able to select them rather than re make them each time I switch to a new viewing position.

I have never tried but I think there is a cams editing option in dev apps, if you enable dev apps in assetto_corsa.ini you can take a look at the cam editing options. It may be only for track cams but its worth a try.

Premiere Pro does use cuda rendering so it greatly speeds up the encoding on a recent powerful GPU. I dont know what limitations the trial version has but I think there are some encoding and sequence codec limits but shadowplay captures should be fine on trial encoding to yt.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2016, 11:04:33 PM »

I have never tried but I think there is a cams editing option in dev apps, if you enable dev apps in assetto_corsa.ini you can take a look at the cam editing options. It may be only for track cams but its worth a try.

Premiere Pro does use cuda rendering so it greatly speeds up the encoding on a recent powerful GPU. I dont know what limitations the trial version has but I think there are some encoding and sequence codec limits but shadowplay captures should be fine on trial encoding to yt.

Sony used cuda too but even still didnt seem to take advantage of the 1080 like priemere pro does.  And the trial seems like the full program, I haven't noticed or found any restrictions for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal